Two pakistani teenagers die and 12 wounded in a shootout over playing cricket

ViruRulez

These people don't have licenses for their guns, they just have them. Yeh people know the implications of having a gun, but that doesn't stop people from carrying them. There are many reasons for people carrying guns, could be for protection, it makes them feel powerful or they could be holding for someone. Guns can be easily bought, I don't know anyone who sells guns, but I guarantee if I went out and made a few inquiries I could get hold of one in 2 days.
these kids already HAVE guns and they wouldnt need to ask around if they didnt stories like this only prove more so how much readily guns are available plus carrying a gun in UK is a very hush hush affair u wouldnt pull out a gun to celebrate the win of a match (i hope) :nervous:

these kids already HAVE guns and they wouldnt need to ask around if they didnt stories like this only prove more so how much readily guns are available plus carrying a gun in UK is a very hush hush affair u wouldnt pull out a gun to celebrate the win of a match (i hope) :nervous:
Yeh but the point is the guns are still readily available if you know the right people. Its just I don't hang around with such folk, so for me to get a gun, I may need to go through a few people. But there are many people who have easy access to guns. But I do agree over there things are different and the amount of guns about is out of control. I remember seeing this video on youtube (I'll post it when I get home) about some place in Pakistan where they have guns soo easily available to anyone, its quite shocking at the amount they had there

But don't you think when children are taught that killing is not necessarily bad' date=' they are more likely to do it? They also see their countrymen killing people around the world, they see their elders support such killings with passion always putting the blame on others. It just tells the kids that killing is no big business, rather it may make you famous and popular.[/quote'] I am not sure if that is correct... no one teaches that killing an innocent may not be necessarily bad. Why have these things seems to popup within 10 -12 yrs, earlier we seldom use to hear all these crimes... even so called jihadis and morons who work for some agency or the other were not so active , but now days it seems its a daily issue... I think the mindset of people have changed ...

But I want to know that how does people get gun. I have also heard about many gun crimes in the UK and US. In India' date=' you cannot get a gun license even if you rub your ass on the ground. How is it that US and UK allows these guns so easily even though being a more developed country than India. I am sure that the gun related crimes in US, UK etc. can lower down a lot if the gun license laws are made as strict as it is in India.[/quote'] Getting a gun is pretty easy in India, at least in UP. You won't get a proper revolver or automatic, but the local made kattas are easy and cheap to get hold of. I also happened to know a couple of goons for some politicians in UP who had illegal German mausers. They used to sell for around Rs. 1-2 Lakh around 15 years back in the black market and it was not difficult to get to the right contacts.

Getting a gun is pretty easy in India' date=' at least in UP. You won't get a proper revolver or automatic, but the local made [i']kattas are easy and cheap to get hold of. I also happened to know a couple of goons for some politicians in UP who had illegal German mausers. They used to sell for around Rs. 1-2 Lakh around 15 years back in the black market and it was not difficult to get to the right contacts.
I know about kattas and the situation and UP and also Bihar to some extent. But I am not saying about kattas but I am saying about legal licensed guns like you get in UK, US etc. In India, it is nearly impossible to get a gun license unless there is serious threat to your life and security and sufficient evidence of your need. But the same does not seem to apply in most other countries.

I know about kattas and the situation and UP and also Bihar to some extent. But I am not saying about kattas but I am saying about legal licensed guns like you get in UK' date=' US etc. In India, it is nearly impossible to get a gun license unless there is serious threat to your life and security and sufficient evidence of your need. But the same does not seem to apply in most other countries.[/quote'] I don't think obtaining a gun license is easy in the UK either. US is probably the only western country where buying a gun is as easy as buying milk from a grocery store. We have a few guns in India, but those are from my grandparents' times so we just have to keep getting the licensed renewed and guns inspected every few years, but that has never been a problem.
Getting a license in India is really difficult. Getting an illegal gun is not as difficult as that' date=' but it's not easy either. Interiors of UP and Bihar is a different case.[/quote'] I guess it depends on your association with a place. I spent almost my entire school life in Lucknow and came to know a decent number of local gundas and politicians, some of whom are still around and in the same trade. Even so many years later if I want to obtain a katta or a gun in Lucknow, I am pretty sure I can do it easily. It'll be completely different for instance if I was doing a job in Delhi or Bombay. My life would be confined to office and the social life restricted to working professionals in all probability. To obtain a gun in that situation would mean taking risks and getting into potentially unpleasant situations.

I don't think obtaining a gun license is easy in the UK either. US is probably the only western country where buying a gun is as easy as buying milk from a grocery store. We have a few guns in India, but those are from my grandparents' times so we just have to keep getting the licensed renewed and guns inspected every few years, but that has never been a problem.
Yup I meant to say US where buying licensed guns seems extremely easy. Sachinism mentioned gun crimes in UK and so I thought maybe the laws regarding possessing guns are similar too.
I guess it depends on your association with a place. I spent almost my entire school life in Lucknow and came to know a decent number of local gundas and politicians, some of whom are still around and in the same trade. Even so many years later if I want to obtain a katta or a gun in Lucknow, I am pretty sure I can do it easily. It'll be completely different for instance if I was doing a job in Delhi or Bombay. My life would be confined to office and the social life restricted to working professionals in all probability. To obtain a gun in that situation would mean taking risks and getting into potentially unpleasant situations.
I agree that it is not difficult to get a katta. But at the same time, katta is unlicensed and possessing it is a serious criminal offence which nobody would like to get involved. Only the goondas, mawalis and anti-social elements will take such a risk. But the laws pertaining to possession of guns are not that strict in many countries and that creates problem as it leads to the guns being misused more often than not.

Things like these aren't limited to the lawless Pakistan. It happens in western countries like the US where gangs shoot at each other. Recently there was a photo of a soccer mom with a gun hanging out of her shorts as she was watching her daughter's soccer game, and I believe she herself got shot more recently.

Things like these aren't limited to the lawless Pakistan. It happens in western countries like the US where gangs shoot at each other. Recently there was a photo of a soccer mom with a gun hanging out of her shorts as she was watching her daughter's soccer game' date= and I believe she herself got shot more recently.
That news was ****ing hilarious/ironic....I really laughed out loud when I saw it in the papers.

Things like these aren't limited to the lawless Pakistan. It happens in western countries like the US where gangs shoot at each other. Recently there was a photo of a soccer mom with a gun hanging out of her shorts as she was watching her daughter's soccer game' date=' and I believe she herself got shot more recently.[/quote']
That news was ****ing hilarious/ironic....I really laughed out loud when I saw it in the papers.
:picsorstfu: :icflove: