Ranji Trophy - Super League 2009-2010 - Discussion thread

I think Sachin Baby is better. He is playing for Kerala. I watched the session 2 of the Mum-Pun match yesterday and I had no clue why the batsmen were struggling so much. Was it because of the slowness and lack of bounce in the pitch? If yes, then how were the medium pacers successful on the track? I have no idea.
Chandan, who was showing it or did you go watch the match at the ground?
Chandan' date=' who was showing it or did you go watch the match at the ground?[/quote'] It was shown on Neo Cricket and Sach Dan told us about it in the Ranji super league thread. Since then I watched the 2 sessions. Telecast was as horrible as one can guess. If you saw Irani match, you'll understand. When I started watching, Jaffer, Rahane and Sharma had been dismissed. Kukreja batted well through that nudging and placing tactics and scoring boundaries of loose deliveries.
It was shown on Neo Cricket and Sach Dan told us about it in the Ranji super league thread. Since then I watched the 2 sessions. Telecast was as horrible as one can guess. If you saw Irani match, you'll understand. When I started watching, Jaffer, Rahane and Sharma had been dismissed. Kukreja batted well through that nudging and placing tactics and scoring boundaries of loose deliveries.
Chandan, that's where Mumbai's problems began. Jaffer dragged one on to the stumps off a pretty innocuous delivery. Then Rahane played a rash shot trying to drive a ball way outside off stump and Rohit was brilliantly caught at gully.
Dhawan has been pretty consistent since last two years except after that injury in IPL-2. He could be tried in place of Kohl's.
Yes he has been consistent but his SR was pretty low in most matches. But still he deserves to get a chance in the future. Manish Pandey's SR was a lot better than him at 80+ . And Dhawan made that against a not-so-good bowling lineup where the frontline bowler was Yusuf Pathan whom we all know how good he is. In other matches, Badri and Vijay also did ok but again at not so good SR.
Chandan' date=' that's where Mumbai's problems began. Jaffer dragged one on to the stumps off a pretty innocuous delivery. Then Rahane played a rash shot trying to drive a ball way outside off stump and Rohit was brilliantly caught at gully.[/quote'] Rohit's dismissal was well thought out, if you had noticed, going for a ball well outside off.
Keep an eye on this kid...Abhimanyu Mithun. Was impressive from what I saw in IPL..clocked good speeds of about 140 kph.
Yep, seems promising --- The decisive spell of the day, though, came from the 20-year-old right-arm medium-pacer Mithun, who dismissed Tanmay Srivastava and Mohammad Kaif in the same over. Kaif scored a three-ball duck. Mithun peppered the UP batsmen with bouncers, and they found his pace and ability to get the ball to jump from a length hard to handle.