Australia's fielding

Sachinism

How good are these guys in the field? Some of the stops they've made this series have been fantastic, they've denied India a fair few runs. And the hitting of the stumps too, they probably knock down the stumps every 1 out of 2 tries. Gotta say Ponting has done a pretty good job in setting the field too, he's managed to block off high scoring areas of a few of the players. Imagine them without this strength in fielding, India would have easily run away with all 3 games

India's fielding was better today, but Aussies were a level ahead still. Super fast sprinting and diving to stop boundaries that you just knew would go for 4 if India was fielding. Their fielders were also direct hitting the stumps a whole lot more...we saw how Sachin got out.

Our throws are not any nearly as strong as the Aussies. I read a while back that Rhodes, when he was part of the SA management, brought in some baseball coaches from the US to learn the correct way of throwing, and I think we ought to do something to learn to throw much better. The throws by the outfielders are pathetically weak, and we have just one good fielder within the 30-yard circle (Raina).

Aussies were better than India in the field yesterday. The rare misfieldings were mainly due to the dew. And bulk of the Aussie misses were from the new w/k Manou and not the fielders on the ground. India's fielding was good but Aussies were just a bit better. Hopefully our fielding improves even further before the next match.

Our throws are not any nearly as strong as the Aussies. I read a while back that Rhodes' date=' when he was part of the SA management, brought in some baseball coaches from the US to learn the correct way of throwing, and I think we ought to do something to learn to throw much better. The throws by the outfielders are pathetically weak, and we have just one good fielder within the 30-yard circle (Raina).[/quote'] Yeah Australia uses a baseball coach (can't remember his name)

If we dissect the fielding into several parts 1) Getting to the ball 2) Stopping the ball 3) Throwing the ball 4) Catching the ball We are weak in all areas. We don't cut angles. Only guy i have seen being good at getting to the ball by cutting the angles like Aussies was Kaif. You need to be fleet-footed. All aussies are good at it. They get to the ball very quickly. Next stopping the ball. Slide stops, straight stops, on the run pick ups they are better in every aspect. Throwing. This is where they are even better than South Africans. I remember the Border days. He had an accuracy rate of 95% with his throwing. Where as our Ishant misses the stump from 2 feet. Catching. We have seen enough. They alongwith South Africans are the best in catching.