Police chases kids/youngsters playing cricket in Marina Beach

Dinx - the Jinx

Many of you must have seen this in the CSK promo song - cricket on the beach has been going on in Chennai for so long.. This is quite a site on a weekend afternoon. There will be umpteen no. of cricket matches going on on the side roads across the 8 km long marina beach... ajXetVdw5NU Some years ago, police restricted playing after 4:00 PM. So kinds and youngsters used to play in the mid afternoon sun and at about 4:00 they will finish making way for beach visitors, and vehicles. Today, the police has cracked down on this too and forced them to stop playing altogether.. this is really ridiculous.. unlike other cities, Chennai has very few public grounds where you can go and play so beach is a favorite for many... There was a peaceful protest that followed after which Police let it go and allowed cricket to go on.. (unlike in padosi nation, where a situation like this would have resulted in gun trotting teenagers killing a dozen policemen) Have you guys faced any such situation in your city, in India or abroad?

Never there were 2-3 maidans near my building + my building had a reasonable space for us to play "box" cricket :woot:....Namma mumbai

WTF has Bal Thackery being doing :emc: He should have cleaned Mumbai from all souties :eyedance:
Right now he is concentrating on Northies. Hopefully one day he will come with some ***ed up logic and kicks himself out :woot:

Hmmm, I never tried playing cricket in the Marina beach for obvious reasons (the ball does not bounce in the sand..) :hmmm: But there was a time when we did use to in the morning to play 'catch practice'.. A bunch of us were inspired by Jonty Rhodes flying acrobatics, so we wanted to take diving catches as well..What better place to try it out, than the beach? The rules were essentially to catch only with one hand and almost all of the time, the ball was thrown a few feet away from you.. Good times..:woot:

I believe they are talking about the parking lot/pavement just before the beach. IIRC, Marina beach has a flat road between the main road and the beach ---------------------------- Main road --------------------------- --------------------------- Garden --------------------------- -------------------------- Parking lots/pavement --------------------------- --------------------------- Beach --------------------------- --------------------------- Ocean --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- --------------------------- Sri Lanka ---------------------------