Born in Arlington, Nationality: Palestinian

Guest Gunner

Fort Hood shooting: gunman shouted 'Allahu Akbar' before opening fire Soldiers who witnessed the shooting rampage that killed 13 people at Fort Hood military base in Texas have reported that gunman Major Nidal Malik Hasan shouted "Allahu Akbar" - God is great - before opening fire. Published: 2:47PM GMT 06 Nov 2009 Previous1 of 2 ImagesNext Hasan reportedly listed his birthplace as Arlington, Virginia, but his nationality as Palestinian Photo: EPA Fort Hood hero Sgt Kim Munley who shot the killer Photo: SPLASH NEWS General Robert Cone, the base commander, said officials had not yet confirmed that the suspected gunman made the comment before the rampage which left 30 people wounded, including Hasan. A woman police officer, Sgt Kim Munley, shot Hasan four times but was herself wounded in the gun battle. Her condition is now stable, according to military officials. Officials examine 'suicide bomber' posting Gen Cone said Hasan was not known to be a threat or risk. He acknowledged that it was "counterintuitive" that a single gunman could kill and injure so many people. But he said the massacre occurred in "close quarters." Gen Cone said Hasan was in hospital in a stable condition and that investigators hope to interrogate him as soon as possible. In the early chaos after the shootings, authorities believed they had killed him, only to discover later that he had survived. Authorities are investigating whether Hasan's weapons were properly registered with the military. The motive for the shooting wasn't clear, but Hasan was apparently set to deploy to the Middle East soon and had expressed some anger about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Hasan attended prayers regularly when he lived outside Washington, often in his army uniform, according to said Faizul Khan, a former imam at a mosque Hasan attended in Silver Spring, Maryland. He said Hasan was a lifelong Muslim. "I got the impression that he was a committed soldier," Mr Khan said. He spoke often with Hasan about Hasan's desire for a wife. On a form filled out by those seeking spouses through a program at the mosque, Hasan listed his birthplace as Arlington, Virginia, but his nationality as Palestinian, Khan said. "I don't know why he listed Palestinian," Mr Khan said, "He was not born in Palestine." Hasan's aunt Noel Hasan of Falls Church, Virginia, told the The Washington Post that her nephew had been harassed about being a Muslim in the years after the September 11 attacks and he wanted to leave the army. "Some people can take it and some people cannot," she said. "He had listened to all of that and he wanted out of the military." At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the lives of their comrades. Investigators had not determined for certain whether Hasan was the author of the posting, and a formal investigation had not been opened before the shooting, law enforcement officials told the Associated Press on condition of anonymity. The FBI, local police and other agencies searched Hasan's apartment in the hours after the shooting. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6514973/Fort-Hood-shooting-gunman-shouted-Allahu-Akbar-before-opening-fire.html
How do these guys get through the US military screening? I am amazed.

How do these guys get through the US military screening? I am amazed.
Probably because there is a severe shortage of people in Armed Forces. The other day there was this study where 75% of American teens were found to be unqualified for Armed Force services! Not to mention the other 25% would not want to be in Army for simple reason it does not have the same respect, renumeration and other benefits as are observed in Private sector say. US Armed forces is facing a tremendously bad situation, it has been infiltrated by Mexican mafia and seems like many such folks from Middle East origin might have availed of the use as well. xx Edited: I should have said 75% are unqualified based on their Health and lifestyle.

What Lurker said is true, they do face a severe shortage, especially of qualified people, the US army even opened up their forces fr foreign internationals with a us citizenship as bait, the program is called as MAVNI, initial response was huge but not many did take the offers, I tried for it too, but bottomline the compensation is too low around 25-30 grand per year, and at age 30 with a few dependents around for me, just was not possible, however I worked the numbers. Anyways, finally my dream of working for an Army is laid to rest, didnt work in India, got into OTA, severe family pressure stopped me from that.

Probably because there is a severe shortage of people in Armed Forces. The other day there was this study where 75% of American teens were found to be unqualified for Armed Force services! Not to mention the other 25% would not want to be in Army for simple reason it does not have the same respect, renumeration and other benefits as are observed in Private sector say. US Armed forces is facing a tremendously bad situation, it has been infiltrated by Mexican mafia and seems like many such folks from Middle East origin might have availed of the use as well. xx Edited: I should have said 75% are unqualified based on their Health and lifestyle.
What Lurker said is true, they do face a severe shortage, especially of qualified people, the US army even opened up their forces fr foreign internationals with a us citizenship as bait, the program is called as MAVNI, initial response was huge but not many did take the offers, I tried for it too, but bottomline the compensation is too low around 25-30 grand per year, and at age 30 with a few dependents around for me, just was not possible, however I worked the numbers. Anyways, finally my dream of working for an Army is laid to rest, didnt work in India, got into OTA, severe family pressure stopped me from that.
I am keen to understand how the US armed forces are mitigating such risks when recruiting soldiers of different ethnicity. There is always the key issue that a citizen whatever be his ethnicity cannot be discriminated against or monitored in a fashin distinct from others. In the article it is also mentioned that Hasan was posting some stuff in support of suicide bombing etc which was not followed up thoroughly as it could not be established that he posted those views. If what you are saying about the pressure on recruitment and unsavoury characters joining the army is true this could spell a big problem for the US armed forces.

What do you guys teach at your university? :haha::haha:
I don't know but now I do know that the 2 worst shooting incidents ever in US have been done by my university students and alumnus. First was 2007 massacre in campus (killed 32 ppl) by a crazy student and now this. It is really sad to see this come up again because last time it hit home and it evokes lots of bad memories for everyone in campus. :(( ...Add to that a incident earlier this year where a Chinese grad student beheaded a girl in our university cafe :omg: ...thats was ****ed up.

I don't know but now I do know that the 2 worst shooting incidents ever in US have been done by my university students and alumnus. First was 2007 massacre in campus (killed 32 ppl) by a crazy student and now this. It is really sad to see this come up again because last time it hit home and it evokes lots of bad memories for everyone in campus. :(( ...Add to that a incident earlier this year where a Chinese grad student beheaded a girl in our university cafe :omg: ...thats was ****ed up.
Ok, I knew about the korean and the Palestinian. But this I didn't know. WTF, why did he behead her? The world is full of crazy mother****ers. :omg:

I am keen to understand how the US armed forces are mitigating such risks when recruiting soldiers of different ethnicity. There is always the key issue that a citizen whatever be his ethnicity cannot be discriminated against or monitored in a fashin distinct from others. In the article it is also mentioned that Hasan was posting some stuff in support of suicide bombing etc which was not followed up thoroughly as it could not be established that he posted those views. If what you are saying about the pressure on recruitment and unsavoury characters joining the army is true this could spell a big problem for the US armed forces.
I personally think it is not that bad, they do perform a comprehensive psych profile etc, very very few can fake and make it through. Secondly, even after joining, they do periodic psych profiles and ofcourse everything you do when you are part of the armed forces is monitored, so most of the seedy types will never go beyond a private or sgt, if at all they make it into the armed forces.

Ok, I knew about the korean and the Palestinian. But this I didn't know. WTF, why did he behead her? The world is full of crazy mother****ers. :omg:
Well it never became clear why, but he was part of Chinese student association and was helping her adjust to US/university as she had arrived in a few weeks ago. So people joined the dots and speculated that he was hitting on her but she didn't reciprocate...etc He ****ing stabbed her and decapitated her in front of like 15 people in the cafe..when the police came, it was already done..:yikes: Then they found like 10 knifes in his bag.

Well it never became clear why, but he was part of Chinese student association and was helping her adjust to US/university as she had arrived in a few weeks ago. So people joined the dots and speculated that he was hitting on her but she didn't reciprocate...etc He ****ing stabbed her and decapitated her in front of like 15 people in the cafe..when the police came, it was already done..:yikes: Then they found like 10 knifes in his bag.
Stay away from ICF you sick mother****er !!!(well, you have the potential to be in future..given your uni history) :nervous:

Chinese girls are a bit more friendly with foreigners than with chinese boys, it has something to do with them finding foreigners more attractive and chinese guys being royally ****ed up in the head. But this is just ghastly, decapitating her in front of 15 people. ****.

and then these ****ers protest when people view them with suspicion....they are feeding into their own stereotypes.... what kind of brainwashing would take for people like this to shoot and kill so many people in the name of holy cartoon!!!

********* graduated from my university..
Just give us advance notice before you decide to go postal. :hysterical: Seriously, these ROP nutters need to let locals affected by whatever issues, be it Palestine, Kashmir, or whatever handle them instead of blowing themselves and others around them up all over the world.

and then these ****ers protest when people view them with suspicion....they are feeding into their own stereotypes.... what kind of brainwashing would take for people like this to shoot and kill so many people in the name of holy cartoon!!!
In no way am I supporting the shooter but it is more complicated than that. I think it is more or less agreed that people who do these acts are clinically sick. Well the reports say he was humiliated and taunted because he was a muslim. You cannot ignore that angle. Plus he had been trying to get out of military since 2001 but was unsuccessful.

In no way am I supporting the shooter but it is more complicated than that. I think it is more or less agreed that people who do these acts are clinically sick. Well the reports say he was humiliated and taunted because he was a muslim. You cannot ignore that angle. Plus he had been trying to get out of military since 2001 but was unsuccessful.
PK which universit is this??BTW beta wapas patiala aaja.........

what about all others who have opened fire in public places in the US , were they all Muslims :hmmm: