What Are You Reading Now?

Riley's Girl

How To Read A 223-Page Novel In Just 77 Minutes

Spritz is a company that makes a speed-reading technology which allows you to get through a mass of text, reading every word, in a fraction of the time it would take if you were turning the pages of a book or swiping through a Kindle. The basis of Spritz concept is that much of the time spend reading is “wasted†on moving your eyes from side to side, from one word to the next. By flashing the words quickly, one after the other, all in the same place, eye movement is reduced almost to zero. All that’s left is the time you take to process the word before the next one appears. The company is selling licenses for other companies who might want to use the technology in operating systems, applications, wearables, and websites. Obviously, the tiny screen of a smart watch instantly springs to mind. But the real revelation of Spritz is in trying it yourself. Here’s a line of text going by at 250 words per minute: xiss8e7.gifNow try the same thing at 350 words per minute: oo2oopm.gifAnd now try 500 words per minute: 56tvouk.gif A college-level reader tends to read at between 200 and 400 a minute, according to HuffPost. Using Spritz, if you can handle 1,000 words per minute, you’d only need 77 minutes to complete the first Harry Potter book (which is 223 pages long). The company’s blog — which can also be read via Spritz — explains that the placement of the word is key. Each word isn’t simply centered in the Spritz box. Rather, it’s placed optimally so that as little eye-movement is needed as possible. The only thing that limits comprehension at that point if your personal cognitive ability to recognize words and process their meaning.
http://www.businessinsider.sg/spritz-speed-reading-gifs-2014-2/?utm_source=feedburner this has huge potential.

Oh and still havent finished Warren Buffet's "Snowball" ' date=' its bigger than Mahabhart and Ramayan combined. I am on the verge of crossing 1996 and then only 11 years to go :yay:[/quote'] at 640 pages its not that big :--D For the last few weeks I have been reading "Robert Kennedy and His Times by Arthur M Schlesinger Jr". Since I was reading on the kindle, I only knew that it was a pretty big book but didn't know the exact page number so I just kept reading but it just wouldn't finish. So I finally checked the total number of pages online - it has nearly 1100 pages and I've only read about 70% till now :giggle:

at 640 pages its not that big :--D For the last few weeks I have been reading "Robert Kennedy and His Times by Arthur M Schlesinger Jr". Since I was reading on the kindle, I only knew that it was a pretty big book but didn't know the exact page number so I just kept reading but it just wouldn't finish. So I finally checked the total number of pages online - it has nearly 1100 pages and I've only read about 70% till now :giggle:
Audio book is around 30 hrs :sleep:

From the penguin page. The Mughal World Sub title: Life in India's Last Golden Age Author: Abraham Eraly -It is hard to imagine anyone succeeding more gracefully in producing a balanced overview than Abraham Eraly' "William Dalrymple, Sunday Times, London In The Mughal World Abraham Eraly continues his fascinating chronicle of the grand saga of the Mughal Empire. In Emperors of the Peacock Throne he gave us the story of the lives and achievements of the great Mughal emperors; in this book, he looks beyond the momentous historical events to portray, in precise and vivid detail, the agony and ecstasy of life in Mughal India. Combining scholarly objectivity with artful storytelling the author presents a lively panorama of the Mughal world"emperors and nobles at work and play; harem life; the profligacy and extravagance of the ruling class juxtaposed with the stark wretchedness of the common people. Meticulously researched and lucidly narrated The Mughal World offers rare insights into the state of the empire's economy, religious policies, the Mughal army and its tactics, and the glories of Mughal art, architecture, literature and music.
Can someone please provide this ebook to me or a link where I can download this. Thanks

Thanks but the link doesn't work:((
worked for me a few weeks ago. Try again late or if you want it I can upload it online on some site like zippyshare etc. Anyways the quality is quite bad because its not an ebook but they have just scanned the hard cover book. Even I bought the book from flipkart.

Just researched this book. Couldn't find it in iBookstore. Where did u get this book
this also was on that same site but has now been deleted. Here also it wasn't an ebook but it was a scanned copy so the quality was not good but if you want it I can upload it online.

worked for me a few weeks ago. Try again late or if you want itI can upload it online on some site like zippyshare etc. Anyways the quality is quite bad because its not an ebook but they have just scanned the hard cover book. Even I bought the book from flipkart.
this also was on that same site but has now been deleted. Here also it wasn't an ebook but it was a scanned copy so the quality was not good but if you want it I can upload it online.
Would really appreciate that bro. I wud owe u one:icflove: