Would you be ashamed?...

...If the highest score by any Indian, in any format, wasn't actually by an Indian?... England make a mockery out of international cricket, and have no shame whatsoever. Fair enough, guys like Mahmood, Panesar etc are born and bred English, but this influx of Irish and South African players is pathetic. What's more, their fans are so cool with it, because they know if cricket was as strict as football when it came to international selection, England would be scrapping it out with Bangladesh, West Indies and Zimbabwe...

Yeah I'll be pretty ashamed tbh. ICC has to come heavily on England for poaching players from Ireland who are definitely trying their best to play cricket as their full time sport and not just recreation sport to get a day off at the office.

Yeah I'll be pretty ashamed tbh. ICC has to come heavily on England for poaching players from Ireland who are definitely trying their best to play cricket as their full time sport and not just recreation sport to get a day off at the office.
This is why I'm 100% behind making Ireland a Test nation. They have players in English County cricket that are used to a good level of first class cricket, and they would do well, unlike the failed experiment which is Bangladesh. This would also mean that the shameless, disgusting English would have less chance to poach their players...

I think it is more to do with how the system works in each country when it comes to selecting players. England have been doing this for a long time if i am not wrong and hence this concept of foreign players coming in and playing for England (well yea they do have Engish citizenship) would go well with the English crowd. But when it comes to our country we do not do such things at all and so it would be hard for us to accept such things.

^Theyre of Dutch descent Yoda. I dont know how you'd judge 'englishness' tbh. Theyve spent a while in Eng in most cases and have the right papers. If that makes you English, well so be it I think nationalism/patriotism is a bit overrated. Not sure how many Intl Sportspeople actually look upon that 'playing for your country' part with loads of pride. In the end they want to play International sport and the money that brings with it.

I think the white folks there are mostly of Dutch origin. Not sure when the English went there, think it was before the Dutch, early 20th cent. You can tell from the names- Van der Merwe and De Villiers are almost defo of Dutch origin Kabira. Similar to names in the dutch football team :--D Thats how I can tell. Im sure Marilize would be able tell us better. Going back to OP, I wouldnt be ashamed at all. If the players win us matches then who's to complain I dont think football is that strict. Lleidson a striker who plays for Portugal is basically 'naturalised' Brazilian, Camoranesi is an Argentine who plays for Italy. And when they score golas for thei teams the fans im sure will be pretty thankful that theyre playing for Prtugal and Italy.

Well the dutch went first but then weren't they raided by the British later? So I guess not all of them British' date=' but are British origin folks the majority of whites there or is it Dutch then?[/quote'] Tbh, mostly we just see ourselves as South Africans. Some English, some Afrikaans. That's not counting the other 9 official languages and the loads of unofficial ones.
^ so is Van Der Merwe' date=' and all De Villiers Dutch??[/quote'] Both are decidedly Afrikaans today. Van der Merwe is of Dutch origin, but De Villiers is of French origin. And your last name is not always indicative of your home language. Andrew Hall sounds English right, and you expect the player to be English. I've met him and he's Afrikaans. He was raised and educated in Afrikaans, but his mother married a guy with an English surname and English family names.
Both are decidedly Afrikaans today. Van der Merwe is of Dutch origin, but De Villiers is of French origin. And your last name is not always indicative of your home language. Andrew Hall sounds English right, and you expect the player to be English. I've met him and he's Afrikaans. He was raised and educated in Afrikaans, but his mother married a guy with an English surname and English family names.
When you say ‘Afrikaan’, what do you mean by that? Does that refer to their native they speak? Someone can be of Dutch origin and yet speak Afrikaan right? Or is it a separate 'race' by itself?