What is life?

fineleg

most definitely, yes. Which is what makes it difficult, but not impossible. And, there is no need to fight the ego. Feed it from time to time, but ignorance is bliss.
And we are quite ignorant, aren't we? :winky:

Whatever you are smoking' date=' must be pretty good. :woot:[/quote'] Haha, you've actually hit upon the truth. Yes, you can try it too. Start with Salvia divinorum - Diviner's Sage - just to get an idea. But, the real deal is in Ayahuasca - The Vine of the Souls, DMT - The Spirit Molecule and much more. Or you can just meditate.

Don't you think there is also a certain element of uman ego involved when we ponder the question of the universe and our role in that?
Absolutely. I never mentioned our role in the universe, as it seems so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.. Having said that, me, you, nikky, finey, mari, flamy, everyone on this earth, this computer, my desk all came from the same source, so from my that perspective, the human ego is justified in that we are all one, eternal, and infinite

yeah' date=' the thing i don't get about afterlife is how would one retain their memory if their brain is destroyed[/quote'] hmmm......if the soul itself has that memory retaining capacity then what is the purpose of the brain? I never thought of it this way, interesting point Varun.

hmmm......if the soul itself has that memory retaining capacity then what is the purpose of the brain? I never thought of it this way' date=' interesting point Varun.[/quote'] So what is soul ? And how does memory (in the form of physical neurons in our brain) get transferred to the soul ?

So what is soul ? And how does memory (in the form of physical neurons in our brain) get transferred to the soul ?
Memory is not in the form of physical neurons. The soul doesn't have a physical memory, because the soul itself is not physical. And as for transference, experience is not a physical thing. It is information (without dimensions)

Memory is not in the form of physical neurons.
How would you explain loss of memory due to brain damage.
The soul doesn't have a physical memory, because the soul itself is not physical.
But everything we know is physical isn't it ? We live in a physical world. Thoughts and ideas (brain neurons), air (molecules), light (photons) is all physical

How would you explain loss of memory due to brain damage. But everything we know is physical isn't it ? We live in a physical world. Thoughts and ideas (brain neurons), air (molecules), light (photons) is all physical
Memory is just electric charge at our synapses, dies with the brain. There is no transferance anywhere.