Tendy is finished

CC1981

Re: Tendy is finished Finished is probably too strong of a term. For class players, it only takes one innings to re-discover their touch. Sachin is coming off a long injury delay and hasn't played too much domestic cricket to get his groove back. It's highly unlikely we will see Sachin Tendulkar bat the way he did in 90's or 2003 world cup.

Re: Tendy is finished I'll reserve my judgement on him, after this test series finishes. One ton & a 50 is the target i have set for him. If his skills havent completely deserted him, that should be possible in 6 innings -- barring rain, i think India will bat 6 innings.

Re: Tendy is finished Lets hope for the best is all I can say ATM. I saw the replays opf 20-20 to relaize he almost edged one to keeper of a no-ball follwed by caught at slip the ball after (the free-hit) and 2 balls latter dragged one to stumps. Sandeep patil suggest he should go back to #4 slot in the last ODI and basically pace his innings to gain vital confidence prior to Test series. Problem is, if he takes some chance,any chance- he's gone and if he does not, still hes gone!! (caught at crease failing to judge length,hesitant to play or leave outside off, fending short ones etc..)

Re: Tendy is finished this will tendulkar's comeback series.... his bad-luck is running out very fast..... a perfectly timed hook went straight to the fielders throat, a full blooded cut took an inside edge cos the ball stay a touch lower... ohh.... it is getting over.... Tendu is closest to the purple patch than ever before.... tighten ur seat belts folks...

Re: Tendy is finished you talk about playing under pressure.. there is no one like SRT and there was no one like SRT in the HISTORY OF SPORTS in terms of going out to play under pressure.. Nation of billions look upon him to deliever goods day in and day out .. not for one year but for 16 years and going.. I freaking got under pressure from my two parents when I was giving my boards exams.. but this guy is giving his exams for last 16 years under millions of hopes and wishes... and you come out with result that he is finish?? If you are a batsman in game of cricket, it only takes one mistake to get out.. but for bowlers if you make one mistake you get another chance... there are very few sports which allows only one mistake in a match.. If that player is Indian and if he is failing.. then he deserves our support.. instead of every other tom, dick and harry coming out and saying HE IS FINISH.. you bet your rear end if he is finish.. HE IS FINISH WHEN HE SAYS HE IS FINISH.. until then.. shhhuuuu THE BOSS IS BATTING..

Re: Tendy is finished

The guy just scored a 100 against the aussies. If he is finished' date=' then who isn't?[/quote'] being sarcastic or typo? u mean windies??
not a typo. my mistake. i thought it was against the aussies. not being sarcastic. the guy is nowhere close to being finished in ODIs. in tests his performance has been well below par.

Re: Tendy is finished I had called for him to be dropped after the England series and i still stand by that statement. A failure in this upcoming test series should serve as an indication to the selectors - make them realise that he is past it and it's time to look at other players. A Lara-like hiatus from the game will allow him to refocus, and come back hungrier and more determined to succeed.