The country you most want to visit

EnterTheVoid

Some really ignorant posts about Iran from people like Sree_India. I could make a long post demonstrating how the Iranians are really our brothers and we are the same people ethnically and culturally but I think it would be a real waste of time. Those who want to understand iran have and those who don't want to, wont.

Places I would like to visit: 1. Australia 2. New Zealand 3. South Africa 4. Russia 5. Iran 6. Uzbekistan 7. Brazil 8. Canada 9. USA 10. Argentina There are a few others but this list of 10 I would like to fulfill. I have seen most other places in Eurasia and North Africa. Like Rajiv said I would like to spend 6 months in India having a real close and personal look at the country.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Surely there are numbnuts out there who believe in killing gays etc, but Iranian society is fundamentally a very liberal one, with about 10% of hardcore population controlling the masses forcibly. Outside of Turkey, Iran is the most developed major islamic country. A few of their universities are world class, especially SHarif university in Tehran which is as good in engineering as IITs (and equally competitive to get in). But thats not the reason I want to go there. Iran has a lot of history dating back to Zoroastrians, and I have a couple of friends from Iran who have told me a lot about it. Their culture is quite rich, and India and Iran share quite a few things.
i second that! i got loadsa iranian friends here and not even one of them is a hardcore and as khota said very liberal and open minded! and the persian chicks are the hotest :--D

Cruising the Meditirranean. From The Algarve in the west to the Turkish coast in the east... And everything inbetween. Cote d' Azure Barcelona Balearic Islands The Italian Coast & Islands Croatia & the Dalmation Coast then... Hellas and the 1000 islands Heaven on earth Cyprus and then onto Turkey and down to Africa Egypt Alexandria Libya Algeria Tunisia Morocco Malta and then back to Portugal.

They had their chances. They could have accepted the U.N. partition plan of 1947, resulting in a jewish state existing side by side with a Palestinian state. Now, you have Hamas, a militant Islamist organization in power, one that calls for the destruction of Israel - they don't condemn suicide bombings, renounce violence or do anything that will give you the impression that they want to accept you as a neighbour. Israel made a complete withdrawal from the Gaza strip in 2005, with the hope of that being replicated to the West Bank. What happened ? Hamas seized control of the gaza strip and INCREASED THE TERROR ATTACKS IN ISRAEL Now, if you were Israel, what the phuck would you do ?
Gaza is a hole. The Israelis could afford to leave it, they wanted to badly. There is NOTHING there for them and they are FAR better off without it. They still have and even now are building (despite Obamas repeated calls for them to stop) -ILLEGALLY- thousands of settlements where they shouldnt be around the West Bank, thats all they care about. Thats ILLEGALLY btw, unrecognised by the UN, they have violated more UN resoluaitons than Iraq, but their asses are protected by the US. They NEVER planned to withdraw from West Bank. Israelis being dumped in Palestine was almost as random as them being dumped in India. The only basis was that their book called it the 'promised land'. Its almost as logical as the norweigians coming to England, and driving all English out of the UK saying they lived here when the Vikings invaded centuires ago- that makes the UK theirs. The only reason why rockets are fired now is because all routes around Gaza are still blocked, and the people subjected to misery because a lot of funds and aid is cut off by the Israelis- for the only reason that Israel dont approve of the democaritcally elected Hamas govt there. The truce last year was broken by the Israelis, not by Hamas- Hamas were forced to retaliate.. Israel is a terrorist, apartheid state.

Holy cow, I just realized INDIA I want to visit all the historic sites, I want to live in a village, visit the east and also andaman nicobar islands Let me confess something, in 1996 I went to Houston and was living at my uncles place...he kinda gave me the apartment so my 1st day I was bored and place had no cable - so I browsed through some VHS tapes and found something called India Trip.opened up some whiskey and soda and was watching it like a movie..although it was interesting, I was like " what a bunch of jokers, they go back as if they are tourists and act so stupid" U know what I am that bunch of joker today, what I realized is living in India - most of us tend to look abroad but miss all that beauty we have back home..and I also blame the Indian tourism industry, its all abt perspective, advertisements and packages Now, I want goto elephant caves whereas the same suggestion would have been laughed off back home Strange but I miss India
Post of the year! There is so much to see in India. Recently, the tourism industry seems to have got its act together. I think middle-class India vacations and travels for pleasure more now than when I was there. At least in my family circles, it used to be that the rich traveled for pleasure, but the middle-class would travel only to attend weddings/go on pilgrimage. That seems to have changed. Now, it is really frustrating for me that - when we go back for a 4-week trip to India - all our time is spent in visiting relatives rather than visiting places.

Holy cow, I just realized INDIA I want to visit all the historic sites, I want to live in a village, visit the east and also andaman nicobar islands Let me confess something, in 1996 I went to Houston and was living at my uncles place...he kinda gave me the apartment so my 1st day I was bored and place had no cable - so I browsed through some VHS tapes and found something called India Trip.opened up some whiskey and soda and was watching it like a movie..although it was interesting, I was like " what a bunch of jokers, they go back as if they are tourists and act so stupid" U know what I am that bunch of joker today, what I realized is living in India - most of us tend to look abroad but miss all that beauty we have back home..and I also blame the Indian tourism industry, its all abt perspective, advertisements and packages Now, I want goto elephant caves whereas the same suggestion would have been laughed off back home Strange but I miss India
Since coming back last year, I've been to/done the following - Benaras Sarnath Trekking in Himalayas(Ranikhet and beyond) Bandavgarh Tiger Sanctuary Daman and Diu Mahabalipuram Bombay like half a million times My great grandfather's village in UP My birthplace in Bihar Bodh Gaya Puri I loved each and every place on that list. Next on my list is Lakshwadweep. I was there 10 years ago and am planning to go again. It is the most beautiful place I've even been to. I have travelled a fair bit in Europe(Pompei,Rome,Paris,London,Scotland,Ireland,Blackforest,Vatican City, entire Switzerland,French ski slopes, French riviera,Belgium,Spain etc) but now want to explore all the amazing places in my country.

I was told there are a lot of historical monuments and museums in those places particularly Belgium. No? :dontknow:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA. Run a search for historical monuments in Belgium and tell me how many hits you have. Same for the GCC (ME excluding Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and North Africa)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA. Run a search for historical monuments in Belgium and tell me how many hits you have. Same for the GCC (ME excluding Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and North Africa)
I don't know, bro. I was told there are a few. Anyway, will run a check:eyedance: PS: I was told Lebanese women are some of the hottest you come across this great planet earth. Is that true? :hmmm:

PS: I was told Lebanese women are some of the hottest you come across this great planet earth. Is that true? :hmmm:
Proportion of good looking women is the same all over god's green earth. However if you are into fake blonde hair and tons of make up lebanese women are the thing for you. There are many good looking lebanese women but the proportion is the same as in any other country.

Proportion of good looking women is the same all over god's green earth. However if you are into fake blonde hair and tons of make up lebanese women are the thing for you. There are many good looking lebanese women but the proportion is the same as in any other country.
No, I hate fake ones:puke: This isn't bad eh? http://www.visitbelgium.com/ Check this out for travel and tourism index of all the countries in 2008/ 09. Belgium, Czech and Estonia are ranked above Italy:dontknow: India is ranked at No. 62:bebored:

No, I hate fake ones:puke: This isn't bad eh? http://www.visitbelgium.com/ Check this out for travel and tourism index of all the countries in 2008/ 09. Belgium, Czech and Estonia are ranked above Italy:dontknow: India is ranked at No. 62:bebored:
All of Europe has some interesting place like that. My experience in Belgium hasn't left me particularly spell bound. I think the tourism Index reflects on ease of travel, safety and facilities. Luxembourg is right behind Belgium at 23, what does that prove? :haha: Pakistan is at 113 not because it is not an interesting country but mainly because it is difficult to travel around and safety is extremely looooooooowwwwwwwwww.

All of Europe has some interesting place like that. My experience in Belgium hasn't left me particularly spell bound. I think the tourism Index reflects on ease of travel, safety and facilities. Luxembourg is right behind Belgium at 23, what does that prove? :haha: Pakistan is at 113 not because it is not an interesting country but mainly because it is difficult to travel around and safety is extremely looooooooowwwwwwwwww.
You come across someone who travels a lot. How many places have you been to:hmmm: Point to note: India is still progressing on that list unlike Switzerland. We were 65 last year and we moved three places this year but Swiss have gotta stay put or drop down:giggle:

You come across someone who travels a lot. How many places have you been to:hmmm: Point to note: India is still progressing on that list unlike Switzerland. We were 65 last year and we moved three places this year but Swiss have gotta stay put or drop down:giggle:
I have had the good fortune of seeing quite a few countries in Europe, Asia and North Africa. it has certainly helped me to evolve more as a person after seeing people from different parts of the world. It is an experience I deeply treasure. Once you have seen the swiss hospitality you will understand how many light years other countries have to travel to even catch up with them. What would I give to sail down the Lac Lemen in Geneva on a summer afternoon. :winky:

I have had the good fortune of seeing quite a few countries in Europe, Asia and North Africa. it has certainly helped me to evolve more as a person after seeing people from different parts of the world. It is an experience I deeply treasure. Once you have seen the swiss hospitality you will understand how many light years other countries have to travel to even catch up with them. What would I give to sail down the Lac Lemen in Geneva on a summer afternoon. :winky:
:two_thumbs_up: I was j\k on that Swiss part.:icflove: