The country you most want to visit

EnterTheVoid

Iran ? They are almost as bad as Saudi Arabia Don't know about the people but the image we get is one of a medieval, draconian shythole
You have no idea what you are talking about. Surely there are numbnuts out there who believe in killing gays etc, but Iranian society is fundamentally a very liberal one, with about 10% of hardcore population controlling the masses forcibly. Outside of Turkey, Iran is the most developed major islamic country. A few of their universities are world class, especially SHarif university in Tehran which is as good in engineering as IITs (and equally competitive to get in). But thats not the reason I want to go there. Iran has a lot of history dating back to Zoroastrians, and I have a couple of friends from Iran who have told me a lot about it. Their culture is quite rich, and India and Iran share quite a few things.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Make no mistake about the people - Interacted with a lot of Iranians and always found them to be very nice, friendly easy going people. Dont know about the country tho - seem too hostile / aggressive in their foreign affairs, especially to Israel and America. Not to good example but I have a soft spot for Israel / America.

@ P_K Iran - Liberal ? Ha ha, good one, what with the ayatollah's and mufti's ruling the country with an iron fist, with dip - shyts like Ahmadinejad constantly calling for the death of Israel / America and having field days injecting misery by constantly denying / doubting the holocaust. The link between Iran and India, culturally, its very strong. My dad went to BHU - Banaras Hindu University and used to tell me about the Farsi / Persian link

You have no idea what you are talking about. Surely there are numbnuts out there who believe in killing gays etc, but Iranian society is fundamentally a very liberal one, with about 10% of hardcore population controlling the masses forcibly. Outside of Turkey, Iran is the most developed major islamic country. A few of their universities are world class, especially SHarif university in Tehran which is as good in engineering as IITs (and equally competitive to get in). But thats not the reason I want to go there. Iran has a lot of history dating back to Zoroastrians, and I have a couple of friends from Iran who have told me a lot about it. Their culture is quite rich, and India and Iran share quite a few things.
lol, have u noticed similarities in the number system? 0 sefr (صفر) 1 yek (یک) 2 do (دو) 3 se (سه) 4 chahâr (چهار) 5 panj (پنج) 6 šeš (شش) 7 haft (هفت) 8 hašt (هشت) 9 noh (نه) 10 dah (ده) :D

Are you of a Persian / Farsi background ? The only country in the Middle East I want to live / visit are Israel and maybe Dubai. Stay away from the remainder of the Arab / Muslim countries.
No, I am not. My aunt married an Iranian and she and her two kids along with her husband live in Iran. I have interacted with my cousin many times when they came to India, so I have decent understanding about the lifestyle in that country. Its not even close to what you make it out to be.

@ P_K Iran - Liberal ? Ha ha, good one, what with the ayatollah's and mufti's ruling the country with an iron fist, with dip - shyts like Ahmadinejad constantly calling for the death of Israel / America and having field days injecting misery by constantly denying / doubting the holocaust. The link between Iran and India, culturally, its very strong. My dad went to BHU - Banaras Hindu University and used to tell me about the Farsi / Persian link
Arre yaar that what I said..the 10% fundamentalist population has grown VERY powerful since the 1979 Islamic revolution. But at heart, it is a liberal nation. And the most striking thing is that most Iranians live VERY different lives outside and inside their homes. Outside they are forced to conform but inside their homes everything goes. Before 1979, Iran was as liberal as say India of 1990s. You can search around on the internet for pictures from that time. Vast majority of Iranian students in US totally oppose Ahmedanijad, and there has been a big exodus from Iran since 1979 to US. Need more reasons to love Iran ? 1). Their chicks are probably definitely the hottest in the world. 2). They hate Pakistan too. :smile:

Are you sure your origin is in India and not Pakistan? You really deserved to be born there, and lived there. India doesn't deserve to be connected to a dipshit like you.

Arre yaar that what I said..the 10% fundamentalist population has grown VERY powerful since the 1979 Islamic revolution. But at heart, it is a liberal nation. And the most striking thing is that most Iranians live VERY different lives outside and inside their homes. Outside they are forced to conform but inside their homes everything goes. Before 1979, Iran was as liberal as say India of 1990s. You can search around on the internet for pictures from that time. Vast majority of Iranian students in US totally oppose Ahmedanijad, and there has been a big exodus from Iran since 1979 to US.
The Iranians I dealt with, the say the same thing. Really fascinating hearing their account.

@ P_K, I reached that conclusion after living 10 years in the Middle East. Personal experiences yaar. Very very difficult to change, and even if they do, they will take a long, long time.
You didn't live in Iran, did you ? Iranians are not arab for starters, making them the only non-arab country in ME (apart from Israel ofcourse). Which other ME country has more women than men in their universities (60% women IIRC)? You are comparing this country to Saudi where women cannot drive a car ? :lmao: Maybe you need to visit Iran more than I do. :hehe: