Green Park, Kanpur 2009 : Pitch discussion

Feed

Green Park, Kanpur 2009 : Pitch discussion  

1. 1.

• India wins at Kanpur
    • SL wins at Kanpur
    • Match drawn after 5 days

It's not just English or Pakistanis, even some of the Indians criticized the pitch just after one day's play. Now I am expecting them to say that the toss played a major role in India winning the match after today's play, while completely forgetting the fact that the last time we played at kanpur, we lost the toss on a square turner and yet managed to win.

Also add Srilankan whingers too. They really match Padosis in whinging. They are constantly whinging about toss.
SL should be the last team to blame the toss because almost all the games in SL are decided by the toss in any ****ing format. SL are yet to shed their tag of home bully and really need to perform outside their little pea sized island. Their team selection has to be questioned when they picked out of form Mendis and have kept Kulusakera (spelling?) out despite being their most successful bowler :haha:.
SL should be the last team to blame the toss because almost all the games in SL are decided by the toss in any ****ing format. SL are yet to shed their tag of home bully and really need to perform outside their little pea sized island. Their team selection has to be questioned when they picked out of form Mendis and have kept Kulusakera (spelling?) out despite being their most successful bowler :haha:.
I think they though Mendis would have a psychological edge over Dravid and Laxman.

Sanga's own words

Though India ran up 642, Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara defended the selection of three spinners. "If we had won the toss and batted first on the wicket and got a decent amount of runs on the board our spinners would have been quite a threat on this track," he said. "It would have been very hard to score runs off them as well. The chances that we did create were not taken by us, allowing the Indian batsmen to get away on a really flat track. 400 runs on the first day was a little too much." "It was a good toss to win for Dhoni the first day the wicket was going to be the flattest and it got slower and slower as the game progressed. If we probably had kept India down to about 450 in the first innings it would have been a chance for us to come back, but 600 runs on we were always chasing. Bad batting in our first innings put us into trouble."
I can understand the pitch was deemed flat if SL raked up 400 at least in one of the inning but they couldn't bat long enough or show enough fight with the bat . SL has no right to blame the pitch. Even if SL lasted till the last day then the pitch can definitely come into play. That says a lot about Indian batting and bowling ability. The Aussies of the past used to play like this often. Score heaps and win by an inning plus some runs. We only heard how good they were then not how flat the pitch was. I'm glad India won with plenty of time to spare, I reckon most will put to rest the pitch argument, I hope.