Pak tour of Australia, should be fun!

I feel Pakistan will struggle through for the next 2-3 years unless they unearth some serious talent at the top of the order. Test matches are setup by the openers but often being 3 wickets down for under 20 is recipe for disaster. Majority of the test teams that do well will ideally have excellent openers and a solid middle order with some good fast bowlers complimenting the side. Pakistan may have the bowling but certainly lacks some decent batsmen at the top of the order. I'd be surprised if they are not beaten like the WI are at the moment.

Dude, what "ideal combination" of attack? Are you also getting distracted by the fake aura the Pakis have built around their attack? Fact is, they have one top class bowler, Druggie, apart from that their bowlers have averages in the 30's. Mowgli 37, Gul 32, Ajmal 32. And we all know how finger spinners fare in Aus. As for them getting their batting together in one of the games, man Umar Akmal made 204 runs in one game and they still lost to a pathetic team like New Zealand. Even if they have a brilliant batting performance against the aussies the aussies will crush them.
Dude Nz is not a pathetic team. With the return of Bond the other bowlers are actualling getting their cofidence back and backing Bond up really well. I bet NZ can even give Australia a few scare, remember Bond has an outstanding record against the Aussies. Pakistan beating Australia is highly-unlikely. But they do have a great bowling line up, Asif, Aamer are good bowlers, Gul is utter rubbish, Ajmal may be handy and might trouble Watson and Ponting. Gul should be replaced with Afridi. I am predicting 2 -0 to Australia.
Dude, what "ideal combination" of attack? Are you also getting distracted by the fake aura the Pakis have built around their attack? Fact is, they have one top class bowler, Druggie, apart from that their bowlers have averages in the 30's. Mowgli 37, Gul 32, Ajmal 32. And we all know how finger spinners fare in Aus. As for them getting their batting together in one of the games, man Umar Akmal made 204 runs in one game and they still lost to a pathetic team like New Zealand. Even if they have a brilliant batting performance against the aussies the aussies will crush them.
I think you are overestimating the aussies.they just lost to freaking england for petes sake.I think the aussies have a weakness against good spin and the pakis will definitely go with 2 spinners if the conditions are right.There is a chance they can get their batting together.One thing is for sure-i am going to enjoy watching these two beat each up.:giggle:
I think you are overestimating the aussies.they just lost to freaking england for petes sake.I think the aussies have a weakness against good spin and the pakis will definitely go with 2 spinners if the conditions are right.There is a chance they can get their batting together.One thing is for sure-i am going to enjoy watching these two beat each up.:giggle:
Who will be their second spinner anyways ? Because Afridi has "taken a break" from test cricket until LOI WC so that he can "focus on shorter format of the game". Kaneria, if picked will be pasted left, right and center by the aussies; even his "mystery delivery that he has been working on" won't come to his rescue :giggle:.
Who will be their second spinner anyways ? Because Afridi has "taken a break" from test cricket until LOI WC so that he can "focus on shorter format of the game". Kaneria' date= if picked will be pasted left, right and center by the aussies; even his "mystery delivery that he has been working on" won't come to his rescue :giggle:.
is this true?if it is then it changes things a lot.I dont think they have any confidence in kaneria at all.they might pick him but i doubt he will get a game.
Aus have a bigger weakness against good swing bowling & England are a very good team in those conditions ....Aus at home are still a hard side to beat & thier pitches give least assistance to spin bowling
Dude Nz is not a pathetic team. With the return of Bond the other bowlers are actualling getting their cofidence back and backing Bond up really well. I bet NZ can even give Australia a few scare, remember Bond has an outstanding record against the Aussies. Pakistan beating Australia is highly-unlikely. But they do have a great bowling line up, Asif, Aamer are good bowlers, Gul is utter rubbish, Ajmal may be handy and might trouble Watson and Ponting. Gul should be replaced with Afridi. I am predicting 2 -0 to Australia.
NZ are still a avg side in tests , they are a different side playing Aus though ....ODI's and T20s they are in the top-3
Aus have a bigger weakness against good swing bowling & England are a very good team in those conditions ....Aus at home are still a hard side to beat & thier pitches give least assistance to spin bowling
We won a test with Irfan pathan/ RP singh :cantstop:. But for some reason even the like of Akram, Younis, Akhtar couldn't do much in Australia.
And I think you are overestimating the Pakis. You seriously think England is worse than Pakistan? If not, how Aus fared in England is irrelevant. As for the Aussies being weak against good spin, how did Harbhajan fare in Australia a couple of years ago? It is a different matter Aussies getting rolled over by Indian spinners in India in Tests, in Australia it is a different matter. And don't tell me Ajmal is better than Harbhajan because of his T20 bowling.
No dude, Bond has a pathetic Test record against the Aussies. As for boosting NZ, yes he has, of course he has, but they are still a pathetic team, their batting is horrendous.

In Australia you will have big grounds. But you will get value for shots. Shot selection is extremely critical against teams like Australia. This team has a different outlook compared to the Mcgrath/Gillespie/Lee/Warne combo. These guys are genuinely quick. They will bombard you until you give up. In NZ your edges can go out of the ground. Not here. It will end up as a simple catch. If i were Punter my attack will be like this. Lee/Hilf/Siddle/Johnson or Bollinger. No use of Hauritz against Pakistan.