Cricinfo on why sehwag lost his Vice Captaincy.

Bumper

Re: Cricinfo on why sehwag lost his Vice Captaincy. ^Dada, Ganguly was/is as political as Greggy. His unconditional backing of Laxman during his non-performing years to promoting sehwag to open (as he would get the axe if sehwag played in the middle order) to sending emails about Dalmiya -- all had motives beyond the surface. Bhajji & Yuvi openly backed dada, during the Greg-Ganguly saga, because for the first time, they felt threatened about their positions, which was guranateed regardless of their performance, in the Ganguly era. Unlike the rest I dont think sehwag is political. I think he genuinely feels the loyalty for Ganguly & is not afraid to voice his opinion. He approaches the media just like his batting. Unfortunately, if every player starts openly expressing their unhappiness about the exclusion of his fav players, and stops pulling his weight, we can never have a successful team. At some point players have to set these differences aside and start thinking about the team. Unfortunately like Pakistan, there is no common notion of unity (religion) that can be used to conquer all these differences. Once Pakistan became a TEAM under Woolmer, they became greater than the sum of their parts. I really hope if dada fails this time, he retires for good.

Re: Cricinfo on why sehwag lost his Vice Captaincy. To start with take the analysis of cricinfo with a pinch of salt.... Sehwag had differences with BCCI - Yes Sehwag likes Ganguly - Yes Sehwag was consistently promoted , never dropped , encouraged by both Dravid and Chappell - Yes Any thing else is pure speculation.

Re: Cricinfo on why sehwag lost his Vice Captaincy. It was all there on tv gambit...when the team was getting impatient with tendulkars slowbatting it was ganguly who was gesturing to dravid...making call back sign.....I think it was the entire administration decision but dravid was made the scapegoat knowing fully well he was too much of a gentleman to go running to the press. Completely agree with ravi here......and also happy with virender sehwag finally being given the signal.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Cricinfo on why sehwag lost his Vice Captaincy. match auron ne bhi dekha tha... ab dravid ke decision ke liye bhi dada responsible hne laga... this is called nake prejudice bordering on hatred