Is the current indian batting line up the best in the history of cricket?

nballa

Third best, without your tinted shades on you'll see the Aussies were just on another level. I think it is on a par with the West Indies. But the best is Bradman's invincibles, they averaged rdiciculous numbers and on uncovered wickets. Don't give that rubish excuse bowlers were crap back then. Try facing someone like Collingwood on an uncovered wicket and he will be as tough to face as Flintoff on a normal day.

This would be my favourite! At the time Hayden, Ponting, S Waugh and Gilchrist would have been averaging well over 50 and Langer, M Waugh and Martyn would have been around the mid 40's. ML Hayden JL Langer RT Ponting ME Waugh SR Waugh AC Gilchrist DR Martyn

This would be my favourite! At the time Hayden, Ponting, S Waugh and Gilchrist would have been averaging well over 50 and Langer, M Waugh and Martyn would have been around the mid 40's. ML Hayden JL Langer RT Ponting ME Waugh SR Waugh AC Gilchrist DR Martyn
Australia has seen far better, forget the world. I would go with this brilliant lineup from the 30s. Bill Ponsford Archie Jackson Don Bradman Alan Kippax Stan McCabe (one of the few batsmen to have played an innings that Bradman himself envied) Bill Woodfull The 1948 "Invincibles" lineup of Barnes Morris Bradman Hassett Harvey Miller is also a pretty fine top order.
hayden - sehwag Langer - Gambhir - neutral Waugh - Dravid - neutral Ponting - Sachin - neutral Martyn - Laxman Gilchrist - Dhoni just edging it out, you still need to find an equal to yuvraj.
boy you drunk? Dhoni is the man but picking him over Gilchrist? 17 to 3 in terms of centuries scored..
Huh. He has scored over 2000 runs against Australia in this decade (most by any batsman) most of them match winning. That is always going to be a special achievement in his career.
Ijaz Ahmed
Rong. Ijaz has only scored 1085 runs v. Aus in tests... and a grand total of 164 runs in games v. Aus that Pak won. :hehe:
Well this crickit team is preety strong..But my big bro told me that once pakistan had the best crickit team in the whole world and it was in 1991 or 1994 idk but then alot of people got fired from that team because 1 match was fixed...
Ok fellas, your time for some fresh air is now over, time to go back to your bunkers
Australia has seen far better, forget the world. I would go with this brilliant lineup from the 30s. Bill Ponsford Archie Jackson Don Bradman Alan Kippax Stan McCabe (one of the few batsmen to have played an innings that Bradman himself envied) Bill Woodfull The 1948 "Invincibles" lineup of Barnes Morris Bradman Hassett Harvey Miller is also a pretty fine top order.
morris and hassett salil? and kippax? rest of them are all very fine batsman indeed.....my fav was ofcourse harvey.absolute genius.....
One of the best yes but definitely not the best. A quick one that comes to mind is West Indies of late 50s that read - Conrad Hunte, Rohan Kanhai, Clyde Walcott, Everton Weekes, Gary Sobers and Frank Worrell...almost all of these, apart from Hunte, can make a case for selection in all time greatest cricket XI. Bradman's Invincibles would always merit a strong contention with Arthur Morris, Hassett, Harvey, Bradman, Keith Miller etc. Any team that has Lindwall at 8-9 has to have strong batting.
Living in a time warp as usual. Its the best opening pair ever. Along with middle order galaticos. It is right up there we the best and IMO is the best.

^ Just because the line up is 'modern' dosent automatically make it the 'best'; It was pretty hard to be a batsman back in those days, uncovered picthes, bowling could be alot more hostile. The WI batting line up of the late 70's early 80's Greenidge and Haynes (who have a better claim, along with Haydo-Lang to being the greatest opening pair ever, GG-VS need a bit longer), Richards, Llloyd, Kallicharan, Dujon (though he might have been a bit later) Others off the top of my head, to add to the list ...didnt the Aussie team of the 70's have the Chappel bros, Redpath, Walters, Marsh.. perhaps not the best ever, but not far behind. Did Bill Lawry and/or Bob Simpson play till around the too?