Man Attacks Italian PM, Breaks Nose and Teeth

ViruRulez

610x.jpg
Police in Italy say a man with a history of mental problems hit Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi in the face with a statue Sunday. Mr. Berlusconi was taken to a hospital with a broken nose, two broken teeth, and a cut lip. Italy's ANSA news agency said the prime minister told reporters that he was fine after emergency treatment. But doctors say they want to keep him in the hospital overnight for observation. Mr. Berlusconi was signing autographs and shaking hands after a rally in Milan Sunday. His attacker moved close enough to throw a small statue at the prime minister's face. Mr. Berlusconi covered his face as security agents pushed him into his car. He emerged seconds later to show the crowd that he was not seriously hurt, even with his mouth oozing blood. Police dragged away the suspect, who they say is a 42 year-old man with a history of mental problems. They have not spoken of a motive. The 73-year-old Berlusconi is refusing to call for early elections even with his popularity dropping because of sex sandals and corruption trials. Tens of thousands of Italians marched in Rome last week in what organizers called a "no Berlusconi day."
:WTF: The news channels are showing the video since evening. He was badly bleeding after the protester punched him. Does Italy have a worse security than even India even after being a developed country. :hmmm:

you have never heard of Berlusconi?? google him.. is a very interesting character.. real life Cartman...I like him..
Nope I have never followed Italian politics at all. Never heard about him too. I know about most other countries at least the PMs and Presidents but never followed Italy politics. Just checked in wikipedia and found a huge list of controversies that would even put our own corrupted politicians to shame. :omg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berlusconi#Controversies But I dont understand how can he be in power so long if he is not a good leader... Italy is a developed country and I thought the people there would be educated to choose the right leaders :dontknow:

Even my knowledge of Italy was limited to monica bellucci and Vatican city. Now I know one more thing.
Vatican is a seperate country I thought.. I remember reading Vatican is the smallest country in the world :dontknow: I know more than you perhaps about Italy. I have also heard about Mafia and Sicily which is in Italy I suppose. Then I have heard about Florence and Venice and both are in Italy I suppose. Then I have also heard about Ferrari which is in Italy. :--D And I have also seen some Italian p0rn movies :P

Vatican is a seperate country I thought.. I remember reading Vatican is the smallest country in the world :dontknow: I know more than you perhaps about Italy. I have also heard about Mafia and Sicily which is in Italy I suppose. Then I have heard about Florence and Venice and both are in Italy I suppose. Then I have also heard about Ferrari which is in Italy. :--D And I have also seen some Italian p0rn movies :P
I know it's a separate country, but it sort of reminds of Italy. Besides, I am more interested in Monica than vatican city.