HELP - PC F'd up

Sachinism

I was online and suddenly this page came up, its a window that looks like 'My Computer' with all the drives and such, then a message come up about viruses. All the windows looked like pop ups. Suddenly the comp crashes. When I boot up again, I am given the options of starting up, safe, safe with cmd, safe with network, normal. I go to normal and it starts up past the windows boot screen and then restarts. I try safe mode and it starts loading the files and after a while freezes up Help, I can't afford to lose my crickets :((

I had the same problem (albeit a few years ago). Try what desi suggested. If not, then try this:

I had the exact same problem. Here's how I was able to resolve it with MicroSoft's help. Insert your XP installation disk and boot to it. Then do a "Repair Installation" of Windows. In my case, there were some corrupt files that caused the system to keep rebooting. This remedied the problem. Althouth Microsoft cautioned me that I may loose some data, particularly the "my documents" file, I did not. It worked perfectly. Hope this help you!
From another forum.

:laugh: I have had one of those on my PC @ home .. keep using ccleaner, then run anti-virus and repeat till the message goes away. Good luck
I'm currently running spybot search & destroy from Hiren's boot cd, see how that goes.
I had the same problem (albeit a few years ago). Try what desi suggested. If not, then try this: From another forum.
@G23 that was the 1st thing I tried, I put in the windows CD and it got to the installation stage and there was no repair option :dontknow:

spyboy search and destroy deleted 120+ things but problem not resolved. Also one thing I forgot, when its booting up in normal mode, once it gets to the windows boot screen, there an error screen (blue screen of death) which flashes up for less than a second and then comp boots up

see if it will let you install malwarebyte, i doubt it will but give it a go. had the same problem was able to recover without fresh install. Edit. since you cant even boot not much you can do, what about different machine ? remove hdd from laptop/desktop clean it up using different machine