Double standards by match referee

champ

Even if we ignore the Benn incident altogether as just for argument's sake we don't know what all was actually said there' date=' what action was taken against [b']Ponting for shoving Bravo around on the first day without any provocation :
Wasnt Gauti banned for a match for exactly the above reason!? Hmm quite sad the state of match refereeing in ICC!
Dear ICC, Your decision to incarcerate Sulieman Benn is rubbish. Rubbish. Cricket is a game with passion; yesterday was a perfect example of it. Had Benn thrown the ball at Haddin’s face and started smacking Johnson around the head, bans would have been justified, but what was he actually banned for. An ugly accidental incident? Benn bumped into Johnson by accident, Johnson pushed at Benn because someone had bumped into him, and Benn pushed back because someone was pushing him. Was it heated, yes. Was it unnecessary, perhaps. Was it badly officiated, absolutely. Was it a confrontation between passionate test cricketers who were in the heat of battle trying to win a game for the country, oh yes. So why penalize anyone? No one got hurt, no one instigated contact, no one ruined cricket’s precious little image. If anything, incidents like this prove that professional cricketers are not robots, that winning matters to them. They aren’t just billboards waiting for a beer company to put another stamp on. Benn is a fiery guy, which is why I like him, and in the future he will get suspended again for doing something wrong, but this is not the time. This is a miscarriage of justice, and Benn must be freed. If the ICC believes that someone must be banned for all this “ugliness”, they can ban Chris “spirit of cricket” Broad or Billy “lover, not a fighter” Bowden, I doubt there will be many tears for them.
http://www.petitiononline.com/FREEBENN/petition.html
i dont really feel sympathy for Benn(for that matter Gambhir).the australians have learnt to be in your face without physically confronting players' date='they have mastered the art of dirty tactics while staying within the rules.others need to realize this or we will see a repetition of this incident.[/quote'] True, but in this case wasn't it Ponting and Johnson who were getting physical?
i dont really feel sympathy for Benn(for that matter Gambhir).the australians have learnt to be in your face without physically confronting players' date='they have mastered the art of dirty tactics while staying within the rules.others need to realize this or we will see a repetition of this incident.[/quote'] Phir wahi!! Watch the video, specially of the first day and then tell me who got physical and what action Chris 'scum' Broad take against the person :wall: http://cricket-online.tv/sulieman-benn-brad-haddin-mitchell-johnson-fight-perth/

Haddin first points the bat at Benn after he collides with Johnson Benn then firing a few words Gayle comes in between Benn bowls to Haddin, Haddin plays it back to Benn, Benn collects it and gestures throwing the ball back at Haddin's stumps when he really didn't move Haddin walks towards Johnson to have a chat, Benn comes along and was pointing towards Haddin when his big elbow and arm touched Johnson by accident since Johnson was infront of him and is shorter than him in height hence Benn's arm touched Johnson and then Johnson pushed Benn away how the f did Chris Broad think this equates to 2 match Ban? and why not same for Johnson too?

i sympathize with Benn.there are several things here that "may" have gone against him. 1)using the "f" word with the umpire 6 inches away from him. 2)pointing the finger right at a players face.there are better ways to go about it. 3)he did grab mitchell johnson during the run.however nothing may have come of this if he avoided the more demonstrative displays later on. the Aussies get away with it because they are more subtle and try to avoid outward displays which the cameras and umpires cant catch.

the Aussies get away with it because they are more subtle and try to avoid outward displays which the cameras and umpires cant catch.
Phir wahi!! Can you watch that video of the Ponting incident and tell me what was so subtle about the way he pushed Bravo without any instigation. He was not so much as summoned by the referee, forget about any action. :wall: