Double standards by match referee

champ

todays match there was an ugly incident between benn, johnson and haddin and whatever might have happened .. all looked guilty .. but no surprises .. benn is charged with level2 offence and may be docked a game .. and again no surprises .. johnson and haddin face only level1 offence .. possibly a fine .. even previously gambhir was the bigger culprit than watson .. dravid the bigger culprit than slater .. this is clear double standards .. why are the Oz players escaping like this .. the article on cricinfo http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvwi09/content/current/story/439990.html i mean .. :WTF:

Benn was obviously more guilty than the othert two so is it not logical that he recieves worse punishment? Benn also pleaded not guilty whereas H and J pleaded guilty and so got off lighter.
Haddin had no business pointing his bat at Benn and that is offensive (might not be to you, but in a "gentlemen's" game I would consider it as a punishable act). I do agree with you that Benn went quite OTT, but his actions were triggered by saint Haddins' bat pointing heroics.
Haddin had no business pointing his bat at Benn and that is offensive (might not be to you' date=' but in a "gentlemen's" game I would consider it as a punishable act). I do agree with you that Benn went quite OTT, but his actions were triggered by saint Haddins' bat pointing heroics.[/quote'] Even if we ignore the Benn incident altogether as just for argument's sake we don't know what all was actually said there, what action was taken against Ponting for shoving Bravo around on the first day without any provocation : http://cricket-online.tv/sulieman-benn-brad-haddin-mitchell-johnson-fight-perth/
I have a quick question. Was Lee ever punished for that beamer thrown at Sachin during the CB series?
Was Sreesanth ever punished for the beamer he threw a Pieterson? It's a beamer, it happens and it was completely accidental (as was Sreesanth's). Get over it.