IPL 2010 - News, Views and Opinion thread.

Dirty_South

Actually I have a feeling Pak players are silently saying a thank you to LM and IPL. Think of it, now all the talk is about how IPL has insulted the great nation of Pakistan , everything regarding the 3-0 loss to Aus has been forgotten. Just when the angers had started getting to the levels of insanity with many heads likely to be rolling, this IPL snub has come as a godsent opportunity for these players and PCB administrators. They will all keep barking about IPL for the next few weeks, get another 5-0 thrashing and everything that happened on the cricket field in past few weeks would be totally glossed over.
Exactly. Pak players should thank IPL for getting the Stanis backing behind them and forgetting the recent humiliating 3-0 drubbing.. Come to think of it, even Stanis are finding it easy to channel their anger on IPL and Indians and venting out all the frustrations of recent thrashings at the hands of Aussies..

Actually I have a feeling Pak players are silently saying a thank you to LM and IPL. Think of it, now all the talk is about how IPL has insulted the great nation of Pakistan , everything regarding the 3-0 loss to Aus has been forgotten. Just when the angers had started getting to the levels of insanity with many heads likely to be rolling, this IPL snub has come as a godsent opportunity for these players and PCB administrators.
That's a very pertinent point, all the anger that was swirling over their latest debacle has been replaced by their usual past time of India bashing (in the guise of attacking IPL/Modi/Bollywood actresses and whoever else they have been going crazy over on their forums).

Actually I have a feeling Pak players are silently saying a thank you to LM and IPL. Think of it, now all the talk is about how IPL has insulted the great nation of Pakistan , everything regarding the 3-0 loss to Aus has been forgotten. Just when the angers had started getting to the levels of insanity with many heads likely to be rolling, this IPL snub has come as a godsent opportunity for these players and PCB administrators. They will all keep barking about IPL for the next few weeks, get another 5-0 thrashing and everything that happened on the cricket field in past few weeks would be totally glossed over.
india is always generous in what it does :winky:

What an idiot. English County Teams restrict the number of foreign players per team so routinely good players are left out but he doesn't care about that. Not even Pak players gave a damn what Minnydad had to say so who cares what he says now. All these ex pak players are like sheep. If one sheep starting bleeting and making noises then all of them turn by turn have to start bleeting and muttering also.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/knight-riders-give-ponting-the-punt-20100119-mj5p.html
Kolkata denied a year ago they were looking to offload Australian skipper Ricky Ponting but his axing from the IPL squad yesterday showed their hand. The Knight Riders bought out Ponting's ,000 ($432,000) contract, which allowed them to bid in yesterday's auction for season three. When the Herald learnt of their secret bid to oust Ponting last February, Kolkata officials strenuously denied it and called him a ''good option at that price, so if you look at it logically, trading would not make sense''. Yet it is understood their attempts to trade Ponting were rejected by other sides. Ponting pulled out of last year's IPL due to a hectic schedule and the issue went no further. But in the backrooms, officials tried to trade him once more, having already traded NSW all-rounder Moises Henriques to Delhi, but again received no takers and were forced to buy him out. Ponting and Kolkata idol Sourav Ganguly are known to have differing views. Ponting's manager, James Henderson, said Kolkata's decision was based on his unavailability for the opening rounds of the IPL. ''Ricky was only going to be available for a maximum of five of the Knight Riders' 14 games due to the Australian tour of New Zealand coinciding with more than half of the IPL season,'' he said. ''The Knight Riders obviously want their international players to be available for all games and we agreed financial terms to buy out Ricky's contract.'' Ponting retired from international Twenty20 cricket after the Ashes to focus on his Test and one-day career, but made a point of saying he would honour his IPL contract. Kolkata, on the other hand, had no intention of honouring their side of the deal. It is a blow for Ponting's potential future earnings, as the franchises have made it clear he is unwanted.

I have a feeling Pollard is going to be big let down for the MI and for some reason I want this to happen :dontknow:. The management is not looking to buy a quality player but they're falling for hype. Meh[/quote agree with you :2.4 millions $$$ it's totally out of sense

Update: Afridi to sue Modi and Co. PTI News: 20th Jan, Karachi Shahid Afridi expressed his disappointment at missing out on an Indian Premier League deal, after no bids were received for him or any of the other Pakistani players that were on the auction player list. "I'm stunned by the omission and yes I'm obviously very disappointed as I was really looking forward to playing once again in the Indian Premier League and testing my skills against the world's best players and against friends and colleagues. I thought I would be picked and am very surprised at the outcome of the auction" stated Afridi who was one of Pakistan's lynchpins as they lifted the Twenty/20 World Cup last year in England. Shahid Afridi's Manager Umran Khan of Aces Middle East when speaking earlier today,was scathing of Lalit Modi and the Indian Government. "I'd heard prior to the auction that franchises were being advised not to bid for Pakistani players, as the players from Pakistan would not be issued with visas by the Indian government, and that is precisely what has happened". Khan continued "The Indian Premier League have been using Afridi's name and pictures to publicise the tournament and to build up the hype and he was expected to be one of the most popular players amongst the franchises". We are seriously considering the option of sueing the IPL establishment. Khan feels that sport and politics should not mix and feels that is exactly what has occurred in this instance. The IPL this time around could have been a platform to build bridges between India and Pakistan, but sadly that has not taken place "Lalit Modi and the Indian government have a lot to answer for. The way I see it is that because Afridi and the other Pakistani players would have been employed by an Indian company for the IPL, the Indian government wouldn't issue a visa, yet if Shahid was to play for South Australia in the Champions League, they would issue him with a visa, as they did for Yasir Arafat when he played for Sussex in last years Champions League. I think Shahid and the other Pakistani players have been wronged and mistreated here”.