86 year old AP governor ND Tiwari in sex scandal

urbestfriend

Well I was just pointing out that when someone is holding such an honorable public office, he has no business doing these kind of things using his post and that too in the Raj Bhavan. Acording to the report, the girls were brought to raj bhavan as domestic helps and then threatened/forced into pleasing tharki tiwari. It also says that many AP MPs use this tharki service at Raj Bhavan.
we agree that if he abused his position, he should be punished. we disagree that adultery is a punishable offence. I seriously doubt even in india if adultery is a punishable offence. having sex with women above age of 18 is fine legally. ethically ofcourse it is wrong. but that makes him a bad human being but not a criminal. it is within his right to have consenting sex with anyone. but if he forced them to do these stuff, he should definitely be punished.

we agree that if he abused his position, he should be punished. we disagree that adultery is a punishable offence. I seriously doubt even in india if adultery is a punishable offence. having sex with women above age of 18 is fine legally. ethically ofcourse it is wrong. but that makes him a bad human being but not a criminal. it is within his right to have consenting sex with anyone. but if he forced them to do these stuff, he should definitely be punished.
FYI, adultery is punishable offence in India. It doesn't matter whether you disagree with it, he has broken a law by committing adultery let alone abusing his power and post. Secondly you claimed , there is nothing wrong if a woman has sex with him for money or position which means it is perfectly alright to abuse his powers for sex in your view .

FYI' date= adultery is punishable offence in India. It doesn't matter whether you disagree with it, he has broken a law by committing adultery let alone abusing his power and post. Secondly you claimed , there is nothing wrong if a woman has sex with him for money or position which means it is perfectly alright to abuse his powers for sex in your view .
frankly speaking that is a BS law .. you are saying about IPC Section 497 .. that law was formulated in 1860 which is nearly 150 years old law and does not make sense... the law also says that adultery is crime only for a man while the woman walks free.. so what if a girl seduces a married man .. I am not for adultery and I am not married still so dont care much about it .. but frankly speaking the law does not make sense as only the man is punishable and secondly it is a 19th century law which does not make much sense in the 21st century the governor is wrong for abusing his position and using a respected place like Raj Bhavan for such activities and should be punished but the adultery law does not make sense

I havent said adultery must be punished. All I am saying is when someone is in office (that too a governor) there is a certain standard of behavior that people expect and that it is criminal to misuse power/position.

I havent said adultery must be punished. All I am saying is when someone is in office (that too a governor) there is a certain standard of behavior that people expect and that it is criminal to misuse power/position.
ya i agree that he failed to uphold the standard of behavior he is expected to. but i do not agree that it is criminal. something might be legal while it may be unethical. what he did is unethical but until now I do not know whether it is illegal.

FYI' date=' adultery is punishable offence in India. It doesn't matter whether you disagree with it, he has broken a law by committing adultery let alone abusing his power and post. Secondly you claimed , there is nothing wrong if a woman has sex with him for money or position which means it is perfectly alright to abuse his powers for sex in your view .[/quote'] as someone said it before, it might be still in the legal books, but in general that law is not enforced and rightly so, it should not be enforced. nd tiwari has also not been charged with adultery as you might have noticed. so it might be in the penal code, but in reality no body is charged with adultery in india. this is ofcourse common knowledge. if you delve deeper, im sure you can find some cases where people are charged with adultery..but you must admit its rare. so its just a law on paper.

lol @ TOI Healines After sex sting, AP governor Tiwari ejects prematurely :hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: