Pakistani attack is Soooooo Over Rated!

dr_tooley

i agree that aamer need to take more wickets... i alsso agree that pak is facing a good batting line up after a long time... but an indian poster just called sri lankan batting line up the second best in the world... So first check with him how good is the srri lankan batting line up...
Its irrelevant how one rates a particular line-up. Afterall there are only 8 teams with the Test status..and what is clear is that Pakistan bowling looks clueless agtainst the top 7:giggle:
Its irrelevant how one rates a particular line-up. Afterall there are only 8 teams with the Test status..and what is clear is that Pakistan bowling looks clueless agtainst the top 7:giggle:
This is not true... pak lost matches due to their batting in SL, Sri lankan team made more than 300 only once in 6 innings, and that on a pitch even pak made 425 and wost batsman in the world shoaib malik made 134;... so pak lost due to their batting, we bowled very very well;.. In NZ we also bowled well, we madee them out for under 100, 150 once, and all this with 4 catchs dropped per innings.... Australian series has just stated, pak bowled well, but again fielding let them down;... But it's still a long series....
How do you define "well"? Can't be "wel" if the Indians outbowled you.l
india didn't outbowled pakistan if we start from sri lankan series, i think pak has a very good bowling line up with mohammed aamer, so if you talk about matches before that it's not correct, because even i agree with you that bfore this we had an odinary bowling line up...
i agree that aamer need to take more wickets... i alsso agree that pak is facing a good batting line up after a long time... but an indian poster just called sri lankan batting line up the second best in the world... So first check with him how good is the srri lankan batting line up...
Samaraweera consistently scoring centuries and averaging well over 80. Mahala Jayawardene considered by many to be the best batsman that Sri Lanka has produced. Scored over 250 in the first test match. Sangakkara averaging over 70 this year, consistently ranked in the top 3 in the world. Dilshan scored 10 centuries (6 in Tests and 4 in ODI) this past year. Yeah thats what I thought, pretty average batting line up huh? I am really surprised that they managed to score over 10 in any of the test matches. Get with the programme. The current Paki bowling line up is all talk and no trousers. They aren't Wasim and Waqar or even Imran and Safraz. They are just average. Very very average. And Gul...well we saw he couldn't even hit the stumps when there was not batsman there!(T20 WC bowl off 2007). WI showed with aggressive bowling the Aussie batting line up was pretty average. So that they are smacking the Pakis around the park, what does that tell you? The Pakis are well below par. Stop dreaming of the past.:eyedance:

well as i had said in another thread, pak will get battered cause aus will pile up runs on flat pitches and make pak crumble under pressure. it doesnt get any easier than this. and their bowlers arent bad, however they arent legends who can take wickets on any pitch. i thot aamer wud be one because of his pace but he has turned out to be disappointing. maybe he'll become better with more experience.

if they get it right gul' date=' asif, aamir can be the most lethal bowling combination in the game right now. they are almost unplayable on their days. really the pakistani fielding is letting them down big time or the aussies would have been 200/8 or something.[/quote'] :hysterical: Tuffey You want to watch unplayable. Watch Onions in SA now.
if they get it right gul' date=' asif, aamir can be the most lethal bowling combination in the game right now. they are almost unplayable on their days. really the pakistani fielding is letting them down big time or the aussies would have been 200/8 or something.[/quote'] If I were a batsman. I'd worry about that attack as I'd worry about being attacked by a dead sheep! There are lots of ifs ands and maybes about this current collection of mediocrity. The practical fact is that they have never cut the mustard against top flight opposition. I would rate this attack behind Australia, India, SA, England, WI and maybe on a level with SL and NZ....and maybe below them. They are definately ahead of Ireland and Holland. Maybe thats why they are regarded as a "top flight", "world class" attack.
india didn't outbowled pakistan if we start from sri lankan series' date=' i think pak has a very good bowling line up with mohammed aamer, so if you talk about matches before that it's not correct, because even i agree with you that bfore this we had an odinary bowling line up...[/quote'] In 2009 Pakistan has played 7 completed tests (ignoring the "terrorist test" at Lahore and the ongoing test match at the MCG) vs Lanka & NZ, possibly the two weakest test batting line ups around. I dont think this is enough data to judge the strength of your bowling attack. Lets revisit this claim at the end of the ongoing series as your bowlers are likely to have long days in all 3 games. My prediction is that Pakistan will average at least 1.5 bowlers per test match in the hospital.
Aamer averaging 48 after 7 test matches!!! And this is the first match where he is facing a quality batting unit. Weel looks like he is on his way to carry on the legacy from his role model Sami..they even have the same hair styles. Malcolm Sami btw hold the record for worst bowling average among all regular bowlers in the history of test cricket..about 50. So Aamer could well beat the record.
Aggers had an average of 46 when he won the Adelaide Test. But it is batting that wins Test matches and Pak batting is probably not good enough to set up a win.
if they get it right gul' date=' asif, aamir can be the most lethal bowling combination in the game right now. they are almost unplayable on their days. really the pakistani fielding is letting them down big time or the aussies would have been 200/8 or something.[/quote'] What a surprise ?! The famed Paki attack couldn't bowl out nathan hauritz a rank tail ender if there ever was one. Yet when the Paki go to bat, the Aussies seem to have no problem getting them out. You just need to stop making excuses. This Paki attack is rubbish. Plain and simple. Yesterday and today the truth was laid bare. I've seen better bowlers playing for Ireland!:--D:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: