Umar Akmal is a potential batting great

Darren Bravo outscored him alongwith Lendl simmons :hehe: when you have 10 munaf patels and 1 sunny singh in a team' date=', Sunny singh will most likely be showing his class.[/quote'] :cantstop: Amazing that paki supporters are crawling out of the woodwork even after a loss just coz a guy scored 30 odd runs :hysterical:

Needs a mentor. He gets the best start compared to all Pakistani batsmen, doesn't get worried by the pitch. But usually doesn't finish off well. If he can just get time with the likes of Inzi or Miandad who can guide him, I reckon he will be complete. He is the future of Pakistani cricket, have not seen a player with so much passion play for his country the way he does.

He has potential.. no doubt about it. But most pakistanis succumb to the pakistani mentality when it comes to batting and bowling. Best batsmen is one who can slog the best.. best bowler is one who can bowl > 145 kmph. If Umar Akmal isn't groomed.. it'll be hard for him to accomplish anything significant in batting

Rohit Sharma has lots more "talent" and "potential" and he can't even come near the Indian squad. Says a lot about both Akmal and Paki batting talent
Koi baat nahi bachu, Tendulkar's going soon, so Rohit can show us pakistanis and Umar how easy it is for him.
Rohit Sharma has lots more "talent" and "potential" and he can't even come near the Indian squad. Says a lot about both Akmal and Paki batting talent
Koi baat nahi bachu, Tendulkar's going soon, so Rohit can show us pakistanis and Umar how easy it is for him.:finger:
Koi baat nahi bachu' date=' Tendulkar's going soon, so Rohit can show us pakistanis and Umar how easy it is for him.:finger:[/quote'] Woh hum dekh lenge... odis mein Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Yuvraj, Raina, Dhoni, Pathan (and Rohit Sharma, Uthappa, Pujara, Murali Vijay, Rayudu as backups) we would be good enough to take you guys on anywhere :two_thumbs_up:
Woh hum dekh lenge... odis mein Sehwag' date=' Gambhir, Kohli, Yuvraj, Raina, Dhoni, Pathan (and Rohit Sharma, Uthappa, Pujara, Murali Vijay, Rayudu as backups) we would be good enough to take you guys on anywhere :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] I could say the same about 5 years ago when Inzi, Younis, Yousuf, Malik, Afridi and Razzaq were there and had umar been with them. We are talking about head to head arnt we, how Rohit not being near the Indian setup shows how crap Umar Akmal is. Rohit Averages 27 in ODI's, hes played 61, a few less than Hafeez who averages 24. So much talent and an average of +3 Umar Akmal averages 36. He is two years younger than him as well. Plus he has played 10 odd Test games, been in 3 icc semi finals, Rohit sharma has at the moment achieved NOTHING

His batting is fugly and he is nothing more than a slogger. He doesn't have the game to have a great test career (avg of 50+, 10k runs). I know that Pakis love to make fun of Imran Nazir but that kid had serious tailunt. I watched him score a hundred in the WI against Ambrose and co in 2000. Wow. Brilliant back foot play, plenty of time and lovely timing. I saw him a few years later and he was a disgusting slogger with no technique. Wtf happened to him? Do all young Paki batsman get coached by Afretard?

I could say the same about 5 years ago when Inzi, Younis, Yousuf, Malik, Afridi and Razzaq were there and had umar been with them. We are talking about head to head arnt we, how Rohit not being near the Indian setup shows how crap Umar Akmal is. Rohit Averages 27 in ODI's, hes played 61, a few less than Hafeez who averages 24. So much talent and an average of +3 Umar Akmal averages 36. He is two years younger than him as well. Plus he has played 10 odd Test games, been in 3 icc semi finals, Rohit sharma has at the moment achieved NOTHING
That proves my point. A guy who was much better than Hafeez was thrown out and is yet nowhere near the Indian team. I hope he has improved his game and can do justice to his talent and improve on his lousy average. But Pak have persisted with Hafeez, and that too as an opener (!!!), just shows the difference in class and depth between the two teams. Batting wise we will not have a problem as the likes of Kohli, Raina, Gambhir etc. will step up.
That proves my point. A guy who was much better than Hafeez was thrown out and is yet nowhere near the Indian team. I hope he has improved his game and can do justice to his talent and improve on his lousy average. But Pak have persisted with Hafeez' date= and that too as an opener (!!!), just shows the difference in class and depth between the two teams. Batting wise we will not have a problem as the likes of Kohli, Raina, Gambhir etc. will step up.
The point you raised was regarding Umar Akmal. That how him being in the pakistan team and how Rohit therefore isnt shows how crap our set-up is. You are right in a sense, we havea rubish set up and policy, but justify how Rohit is better than Umar, this is an umar akmal thread and you have brought up Rohit Sharma. The statistics are in-front of you. Umar Akmal is a very good T20 international batsmen as well (if you are arguing from an IPL perspective). Rohit averages slightly more than him, thats all. Apart from that, Akmal at this tender age and rubish board and set-up, has done remarkably well.
His batting is fugly and he is nothing more than a slogger. He doesn't have the game to have a great test career (avg of 50+, 10k runs). I know that Pakis love to make fun of Imran Nazir but that kid had serious tailunt. I watched him score a hundred in the WI against Ambrose and co in 2000. Wow. Brilliant back foot play, plenty of time and lovely timing. I saw him a few years later and he was a disgusting slogger with no technique. Wtf happened to him? Do all young Paki batsman get coached by Afrertard?
This. Telling that from the start. He is a slogger. Even on a flat pitch he won't score big. He will hit few fours and sixes and get out.
The point you raised was regarding Umar Akmal. That how him being in the pakistan team and how Rohit therefore isnt shows how crap our set-up is. You are right in a sense, we havea rubish set up and policy, but justify how Rohit is better than Umar, this is an umar akmal thread and you have brought up Rohit Sharma. The statistics are in-front of you. Umar Akmal is a very good T20 international batsmen as well (if you are arguing from an IPL perspective). Rohit averages slightly more than him, thats all. Apart from that, Akmal at this tender age and rubish board and set-up, has done remarkably well.
More than U.A I feel that Asad is much better batsman than him.