Umar Akmal is a potential batting great

I'm surprised PCB took no action on him for faking that injury due to the sacking of his brother. That incident makes me sick to my stomach till this day. Imagine a player from Ind/Aus/S.A. doing it' date=' he would have been banned for life.[/quote'] IIRC, he was fined around Rs2 million for this incident. He should have been banned for a few matches, however, in my opinion. Oh and by the way, the incident occurred before a Test against AUS in AUS. Pakistan didn't play NZ in AUS.
Probably another Pakistani player who is on the verge of failing to do justice with his talent.
same was said after English tour and we saw how well he fought back in the world cup.. Some people expect too much from a guy who bats at no.6 with 10-15 overs to go .I'm not in favour of him batting at no.6 especially in ODIs Even though he has done failry well, because I don't want him to turn into another Afridi or Razzaq, I want him to become a solid middle order batsman like KP,De villiers.
same was said after English tour and we saw how well he fought back in the world cup.. Some people expect too much from a guy who bats at no.6 with 10-15 overs to go .I'm not in favour of him batting at no.6 especially in ODIs Even though he has done failry well, because I don't want him to turn into another Afridi or Razzaq, I want him to become a solid middle order batsman like KP,De villiers.
It's true that Pakistani fans expect a lot from him. He is a talented player. When I saw him during start of his career, I thought he has potential to become main batsman for Pakistan in future. But his performances has been poor for few months. It's hard to say that he is improving with time and experience. I don't care about what stats and score say. But his batting doesn't look that good now. He gets the start and then throws it away. He has been around for over 2 years now. I don't expect young players to get big hundreds consistently from the start, but if a player shows sign of improvement then it's ok for me. ODIs have been good for him though.
It's true that Pakistani fans expect a lot from him. He is a talented player. When I saw him during start of his career, I thought he has potential to become main batsman for Pakistan in future. But his performances has been poor for few months. It's hard to say that he is improving with time and experience.I don't care about what stats and score say. But his batting doesn't look that good now. He gets the start and then throws it away. He has been around for over 2 years now. I don't expect young players to get big hundreds consistently from the start, but if a player shows sign of improvement then it's ok for me. ODIs have been good for him though.
well in the world cup he was more than good and he played some very crucial match winning knocks but after that his performance on WI tour was decent,in tests it was good 33,47,56,30 but in ODIs wasn't good enough I agree but he played a match winning knock right after that tour if you see this scorecard http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/507996.html on Zim tour he was lucky in first game,did fairly well in second and was terrific today. so overall he's been good but yes he needs some big scores but can't expect them when your captain pushes you further back at no.6