Afridi rates T20 Big Bash higher than IPL

PERTH: Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has become the latest international star to throw his support behind Australia’s domestic Twenty20 Big Bash, rating it higher than the celebrated Indian Premier League (IPL) tournament. Speaking after leading South Australia Redbacks to a 29-run win over Western Australia Warriors at the WACA Ground on Tuesday night, when he took 4-19 from four overs to claim man-of-the-match honours, Afridi said he would learn a lot from playing in the Big Bash. Afridi is likely to feature in Pakistan’s upcoming one-day series against Australia and is also set to lead his country in the Twenty20 showdown between the two countries in Melbourne in February. “Compared to IPL and all the other Twenty20 tournaments I think this [big Bash] tournament is very tough,†Afridi said. “[There is] good cricket and good pitches and I think this is a good preparation for me before playing in the one-dayers against Australia. “Definitely if I perform well I will go with good morale so it’s very important for me. “I always enjoy cricket, especially in Australia and India, and I think you can learn a lot of things here when you play with good cricketers on a good track. “If you perform here it matters a lot, so I’m always keen to perform.†Despite starring with the ball against the Warriors, Afridi had earlier failed with the bat, falling first ball when attempting to slog an Aaron Heal full toss over long on for six. “Obviously it was my first game and every new game has its own pressure. When the ball was coming in the air I thought I was going for a home run, but I didn’t,†Afridi laughed.—Agencies The quality of Cricket at IPL/Big Bash is arguable but that statement by Afretard must have made the day for quite a lot of Padosis.

IMHO Big Bash is far more competitive than the IPL. There were a couple of dropped catches in the first match but overall the standard has been very good compared to the IPL this inspite of just six marquee players in the league. I like the format as well, six teams playing one another just once to make the final two places, unlike eight teams playing each other twice before the final four are decided.

What a sight it will be to see the self proclaimed greatest t20 player being auctioned for a paltry 100k at the IPL auctions. Given his grand performances of IPL 1, the possibility of that happening is quite high. On a different note, like IPL the quality of cricket in big bash is also very poor and reflects well on why the Aussies are a poor t20 side internationlly.

I've seen a few games of the Big Bash already and there is a world of difference between the two leagues. The fielding is of a much much higher standard in the Big Bash. The death bowling is slightly better, but the thing which I like the most is the wickets have bounce and the boundaries are longer. The IPL is just made for hitting and too batsmen friendly, no surprise India has some powerful strikers of the bowler, but rubbish T20 bowlers.

What a sight it will be to see the self proclaimed greatest t20 player being auctioned for a paltry 100k at the IPL auctions. Given his grand performances of IPL 1, the possibility of that happening is quite high. On a different note, like IPL the quality of cricket in big bash is also very poor and reflects well on why the Aussies are a poor t20 side internationlly.
Looking past his performance in IPL 1, he has bowled well since that and is one of the best bowlers in T20. That plus the hype around his batting will make sure he gets a good price
I've seen a few games of the Big Bash already and there is a world of difference between the two leagues. The fielding is of a much much higher standard in the Big Bash. The death bowling is slightly better' date=' but the thing which I like the most is the wickets have bounce and the boundaries are longer. The IPL is just made for hitting and too batsmen friendly, [b']no surprise India has some powerful strikers of the bowler, but rubbish T20 bowlers.
:giggle:
What a sight it will be to see the self proclaimed greatest t20 player being auctioned for a paltry 100k at the IPL auctions. Given his grand performances of IPL 1, the possibility of that happening is quite high.
Afridi is the best T20 player, hands down no one comes close. You could argue with the retirement of a lot of the Aussie giants we'd never know how they'd fair. But based on stats and on big match performances, he's the best player by some distance. If he sold for a paltry 100k at your IPL, it's not a problem, does it really define how good a player is? Watson went for a paltry 100k I think as well and was the best player in the first tournament.

Hey Afridi you little ****, so you got thrown out and now you say crap about your former paymaster? Go wipe those Aussie floorboards you ingrate (as all Paks are who play IPL) I will not support any team that has even 1 Pak in them even my own team (CSK)