What?? Nagpur again???

Look at the list that ludhianvi gave - Central zone got by far the least number of matches, but do you see people from UP moaning about discrimination? I put that number up to show that despite providing a significant number of cricketers and housing a huge population, UP does not get many matches and does not whine about it like you and some others do about South India.
You are back to the zonal rotational policy, which as I pointed out, has been replaced by the national rotational policy way back in 2001. Hence, if the central zone has only a few venues of international standard than only those few will be alloted matches. There is no discrimination here. On the contracted players issue, it does not help UP's case when the cream of available talent migrate to Delhi or Kolkata for lack of good facilities and coaches. Still, if you count the number of people who were born in UP among the list of contracted players, there are 5 players viz., Raina, Kaif, RP Singh, Praveen Kumar and Sudeep Tyagi.
Did I start claiming that Chennai/Bangalore/South is being discriminated against? BTW surprising to see you silent on why there was no complaint when Chennai hosted 2 tests in 2008.
I think it is high time you stop this nonsense about why no complaint when Chennai hosted 2 tests in 2008 or you run the risk of contradicting your own username. If you need reminding, Chennai was alloted the England Test match based on it's willingness to provide a quality Test pitch within a short time-frame and on the recommendation of the security team hired by the England board in the aftermath of 26/11.

Eden Gardens should have more games but thanks to the construction work, it can't. Indore should be having a lot more games than they end up getting. Ditto with Hyderabad :). The thing which goes wrong with the Southern part of India is that most of the fixtures allotted to them coincide with the rainy season there. Matches get washed out, the board gets "angry" and the fans are left fuming. The result- they are "ignored"

You are back to the zonal rotational policy, which as I pointed out, has been replaced by the national rotational policy way back in 2001. Hence, if the central zone has only a few venues of international standard than only those few will be alloted matches. There is no discrimination here.
Can you tell me how many tests has Kanpur hosted as opposed to Chennai since the change - half. So before you whine about Chennai, campaign for Kanpur if you don't want to expose your regional bias so blatantly.
On the contracted players issue, it does not help UP's case when the cream of available talent migrate to Delhi or Kolkata for lack of good facilities and coaches. Still, if you count the number of people who were born in UP among the list of contracted players, there are 5 players viz., Raina, Kaif, RP Singh, Praveen Kumar and Sudeep Tyagi.
Yeah, so it shows that UP is not a cricketing backwater anymore, if that was the argument you were going to use for them not hosting enough matches.
Eden Gardens should have more games but thanks to the construction work, it can't. Indore should be having a lot more games than they end up getting. Ditto with Hyderabad :). The thing which goes wrong with the Southern part of India is that most of the fixtures allotted to them coincide with the rainy season there. Matches get washed out, the board gets "angry" and the fans are left fuming. The result- they are "ignored"
Not good enough reason, considering that nowadays Cricket is played almost round the year and the rainy season in Chennai lasts only for two months.
Can you tell me how many tests has Kanpur hosted as opposed to Chennai since the change - half. So before you whine about Chennai' date=' campaign for Kanpur if you don't want to expose your regional bias so blatantly.[/quote'] May be there has been a reason for Kanpur not hosting Test Matches in the past? Here is the Cricinfo profile of the Kanpur ground.
Profile Constructed in one of the most polluted cities in India, Kanpur's Green Park stadium, situated close to the river Ganges, accommodates 39,255 - mostly uncovered - spectators. Established in 1945, the ground, which has seen frequent changes, lacks the tradition which some of the other premier Test grounds boast of. Its floodlights are slung low, and were used for the first time last year in a Test featuring South Africa. A number of dull drawn games have been the feature of the Tests at Kanpur, thanks to lifeless pitches; this, in part, is the fault of the region's soil, for it does not encourage bounce and pace. For long not too many fixtures were held here, until the local cricket association prepared a ground fit for international cricket. And if the eyes and lungs can adapt and overcome the thick smog that pervades the city, the pitch is a batsmen's paradise. Mohammad Azharuddin hit the last of his three consecutive hundreds during his sensational debut. In 1986-87, Sri Lanka and India produced 1096 runs and lost only 17 wickets. In the 90s, India and West Indies produced an average of 73 runs per wicket. More recently, Shahid Afridi blitzed a 45-ball century, playing through the line and swinging across and one could sense him almost closing his eyes as he smote the ball; it was that kind of pitch. (Rahul Bhatia)
:hysterical::hysterical: So it's good to host half as many matches as Chennai but not good enough to host as many as Chennai? I always suspected that :adore: BTW, recall the joke that Chennai produced in 2005 against SL and again in 2008 against South Africa?
Did you care to read his post? :winky: Kanpur pitch was not good enough for international matches for sometime , so not many international matches were hosted. For ex: there were no matches in Kanpur from 1986 to 1996 because pitch was not of international class. Even when the test was scheduled after 10 years , pitch was under prepared. http://www.cricinfo.com/wisdenalmanack/content/story/153932.html But who gives the frack about Kanpur? We are discussing here why so many matches alloted to nagpur, Mumbai and Ahmadabad in past two seasons. If you feel there is injustice meted out to Kanpur, please raise it. But two wrongs don't make a right.
^ We are talking 2001 onwards - his post is irrelevant for that period. Exactly' date=' who gives a frack about Kanpur. We are South Indians so we will give a frack only about South India and play the victim card at every opportunity we get.[/quote'] The Kanpur pitch and outfield were re-laid sometime around 2002 and not before that. One more reason why Kanpur did not get to host as many matches as Chennai is given below. Do you still want to carry on with your "ignorance is bliss" attitude or do you realize it is time to do some research and come back with facts? Seriously, I don't have the time to educate you.
Kanpur misses out on third Test Cricinfo staff December 1, 2005 Green Park will not stage the third Test between India and Sri Lanka © Getty Images Kanpur will not host the third Test, scheduled from December 18-22, between India and Sri Lanka. The Tours, Programmes and Fixtures Committee of the Indian board will decide on an alternative venue on December 3 in Mumbai. "The Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association [uPCA] has expressed its inability to conduct it [the Test] at Kanpur as per the original schedule and the Tours Programmes and Fixtures would take a decision on the matter in Mumbai on December 3," Ratnakar Shetty, the BCCI's executive secretary-in-charge, told PTI. The UPCA said that they could not stage the Test because of the local municipal council's refusal to hand over the ground. "It is not correct to say we have expressed our inability to host the match," said Jyoti Bajpai, the UPCA secretary. "We have informed the Annual General Meeting that we have not been yet allotted the ground." Usually, the UPCA takes charge of the Green Park Stadium 30 days before a match.
this whole southie-northie crap is getting ridiculous' date='shame on you guys.[/quote'] No northie-southie stuff man :nervous: But question remains why certain grounds are allotted international matches repeatedly ignoring other venues. It is our right to know what policies are applied for the selection of a venue. As 'teacup' is pointed out, it is no more zonal rotation policy. What policies are used to select a venue? But "baharawala" came in and diverted the debate to southie-northie stuff :sniffle:

The point I am trying to make here is, while being persistently diverted by certain people who are hell-bent on turning every issue raised into a north-south debate, that while the national rotational policy seems to be working as intended for Test matches it is not the same when it comes to ODIs, especially in the last three years. Nagpur and Chennai seem to be at opposite extremes in terms of matches alloted since 2007.

No But you started claiming it usually rains in chennai in Jan /Feb' date=' so it is justified not to allot matches to Chennai. Now that you have failed to justify your claims and I have proved you wrong, you are drifting to something else. :giggle:[/quote'] Care to read post # 45? This is what I wrote "BCCI's scheduling is of course wrong, the rotation policy is crap and is just one more way to appease state associations and ensure some votes, but to turn this whole thing into neglect for South and blah blah isnt quite right either. You said it rains in Chennai onyl in Oct/Nov, and just a few days ago it was pelting down in Chennai in December and there is more rain forecast in Jan and Feb. So who knows Chennai itself isnt bidding for these matches, else with the bord secretary being from there, I dont see any reason why the BCCI wouldn't allocate matches to it". Yes I got it wrong for Feb rain forecast part and I admitted the same , but at no point am I trying to justify this crap rotation policy of BCCI. What I am against is attempts to give it the colors of a regional bias. Do you want me to believe that the all powerful BCCI secretary cannot get matches allotted to his city?
Do you want me to believe that the all powerful BCCI secretary cannot get matches allotted to his city?
I don't think anyone is suggesting that there is a bias against the south, merely pointing out the anomaly in allocation of matches. Have you considered the possibility that N. Srinivasan could be the problem for Chennai? He needs the support of Pawar and S. Manohar to become the next President. Giving away Chennai's turn to host ODIs in favor of Nagpur could go a long way to ensure their support for his candidacy.