Congratulations, Mumbai!

Mumbai were deserved winners.... However the rule that gave them a free ride to the semis(i.e league standings be damned, play the plate team because you made LAST years final) is godawful and needs to be scrapped....
Liverpool made it to the champions league despite not making the cut in top 4 (Premier League) because they had won CL in 05.
Liverpool made it to the champions league despite not making the cut in top 4 (Premier League) because they had won CL in 05.
Did they get an automatic top seeding when they entered the champions based on the fact that they won in 05 (I am not sure there is a concept of seeding in CL, just asking)? I think that's what he is referring to. Not the qualification based on prior year/tourney wins, rather getting top seed based on prior win ignoring performance in current years league games, which is kind of strange.
Did they get an automatic top seeding when they entered the champions based on the fact that they won in 05 (I am not sure there is a concept of seeding in CL, just asking)? I think that's what he is referring to. Not the qualification based on prior year/tourney wins, rather getting top seed based on prior win ignoring performance in current years league games, which is kind of strange.
Well the rules of CL are, if you don't make it to the top 4 of your respective leagues' standing then you are not welcome at CL. But they had to tweak the rules so that Liverpool can come to CL and have a chance to defend it (despite coming 5th in Premier league). I think I misunderstood his post of seeding. I stand corrected :hatsoff:
Because this rubbish Mumbai team don;t know how to win gracefully. Agreed that the crowd may have been rowdy, but you gotta have some class in showing your dissent to the crowd. http://churumuri.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/finally-it-came-down-to-abh... "Finally, it came down to Abhishek Nayar’s balls... Abhishek Nayar’s antics, however, were the most disgraceful acts I have ever seen on a cricket field. He thrust his crotch at a section of the crowd, and at one point even seem to hold his balls in his hand, shouting repeatedly: “Come on.” His behavior in general seems to be as ugly as his batting stance, and notwithstanding his cricketing accomplishments, if such behaviour isn’t questioned or curbed, then shame on the authorities, and the media, if it remains silent." I don't call this khadoos. Classless.
Churimuri :haha::haha:
Frankie at Linking Road, it was 2 mins from my place... I remember the days, used to shout "gorkha - give him 11 rupees, 2 mutton frankie lana and 1 rupee tip
frankie ?? whats the difference between that and rolls? Egg Rolls, mutton Rolls the type you get in calcutta ? :D made in front of you by street hawkers :)
If you have to ask what a frankie is' date=' go to Bombay.[/quote'] In the year 1967, Mr Amarjit Tibbs was returning from England via Beirut. During his brief stint in Beirut, he had an innovative Lebanese preparation made from Pita Bread and a whopping variety of stuffings. Having been truly fascinated by this he returned to India with this snack on his mind. He decided that the Indian palette was ready to experience this innovative roll with its sumptuous stuffing, and hence experimented for a year with his persistent wife Mrs. Surinder Tibb to create a perfect blend of curried meats and vegetables to stuff the wrap. This went on to form the "Frankie" with its USP being the Frankie Masala. This Frankie was introduced to family and friends, where it was more than just a hit. It then went on to hit the fast food market in Bombay where it not only was appreciated but it spread like wild fire to all parts of India. This was a new era in the fast food world in India, with the launch of the Tibbs Frankie. The name Tibbs went on to be synonymous with not only Quality and Taste, but also with Value for Money, and rest assured remains the same till date. Tibbs Frankie was then registered as a trademark by MR. Amarjit Singh Tibbs under the banner of TIB BAR-B-Q, TIBBS PURE FOOD, and TIBBS & CO. http://www.ilovetibbs.com/

Many Congratulations to Mumbai for winning the Ranji Trophy for record 39th time :yay:...terrific stuff from Agarkar taking 5 wickets in the second innings...just cannot ignore Dhaval Kulkarni's contribution in batting and bowling....Let us hope Dhaval Kulkarni and Abhishek Nayar will get an opportunity to play for India in the near future. As regards Ranji Trophy,it seems that Ranji Trophy and Mumbai are made for each other..winning it for 39th time is a tremendous feat....Mumbai are the best domestic side in the country for long long time..Mumbai has produced some world-class cricketers..just cannot ignore their contribution in Indian cricket..Indian cricket is incomplete without Mumbai and that's why MUMBAI is called as the HOME OF INDIAN CRICKET ALL HAIL MUMBAI! :two_thumbs_up:

^ Ranji Dadas' date=' International Nadas. Apart from Tendulkar nobody since the 90s have been in the team for a long time. 80s had more action from Mumbai. All come and go back to their Ranji team winning titles after titles.[/quote'] That was for the guy above me naw ? So TRUE ! :--D