What do Pak batsmen lack ? Talent or Guts/Temperament

patriot

Pakistani people follow Afridi because they identify with him. Total madness, brute power, no brains, fun at the cost of loyalty, unruly, indisciplined, foul mouthed and someone who can ditch his team for the excitement of one six. Pakistani people follow Akhtar because they identify with him. Akhtar plays victim after committing all the crimes himself. Akhtar is a miniature Pakistan.
Ouch In Akthars defence at least he was a genuinley top fast bowler who did perform at times brillinatly! Ironically paks dont like him cos he is not seen as muslim enough. No probs with bigging up top players like a wasim, waquar, imran or lesser extent Akthar. But the pants Afridi!!!! Bizzare
This is the madness personified. Afridi is a total mediocre player but look at the above pak post above, he is drooling over him. Just shows the depths pak cricket has sunk to when frankly a rubbish player like Afirdi is adored.
Yes, momentary madness that usually results in a disaster. Most profiles are written attempting to glorify a player. The author could not think of any other was. He could not have written that Afridi is a crazy idiot. So he rephrased it.
lads i've given up' date=' we dot have batsman like you have or had, but we have/had bowlers which india has never had. your team has dominated and won matches because of your batting, and our team has becasue of our bowling.[/quote'] True. Agree. But for gods sake can at least one sane pak come out and say that afrdi is actually not that good!
lads i've given up' date=' we dont have batsman like you have or had, but we have/had bowlers which india has never had. your team has dominated and won matches because of your batting, and our team has becasue of our bowling.[/quote'] You had some bowlers. Not anymore. Your bowlers lose all the matches these days.
lads i've given up' date=' we dont have batsman like you have or had, but [b']we have/had bowlers which india has never had. your team has dominated and won matches because of your batting, and our team has becasue of our bowling.
My friend -- you go go about and beating the drums as hard as you want -- but your statements still don't explain how your bowling did not win a Single Series in the last 15 years in 5 different countries ? And in 25 years in 4 different countries. And in case you have forgotten -- there are ONLY 7 countries that Pakistan can possibly play (competitve cricket i.e) Last but not the least -- you have to take 20 wickets to win a game and as good as Sachin, Rahul, Sehwag, Gambhir, Ganguly and Laxman have been -- they have rarely swung their arms. There are other people who have done that.
My friend -- you go go about and beating the drums as hard as you want -- but your statements still don't explain how your bowling did not win a Single Series in the last 15 years in 5 different countries ? And in 25 years in 4 different countries. And in case you have forgotten -- there are ONLY 7 countries that Pakistan can possibly play (competitve cricket i.e) Last but not the least -- you have to take 20 wickets to win a game and as good as Sachin, Rahul, Sehwag, Gambhir, Ganguly and Laxman have been -- they have rarely swung their arms. There are other people who have done that.
That's a valid question. Why the perceived wisdom then that "bowlers win matches" while batsmen only set them up? Another fallacy invented by arts graduates turned cricket journos?
That's a valid question. Why the perceived wisdom then that "bowlers win matches" while batsmen only set them up? Another fallacy invented by arts graduates turned cricket journos?
Fallacy? Is there any other way of winning a test without taking 20 opposition wickets (discounting the extremely rare cases of declarations)?
While what you say is true but what Doc means to say perhaps is that you dont need 4 Malcolm Marshall type bowlers to win a test match ... if you have a batting lineup that racks up huge totals in rapid time thereby providing lots of time for even lesser bowlers to work on the opposition ... This is pretty much exactly how the Indian team wins matches.
Sure it helps to have a huge score and time in the match, but taking 20 wickets is the only route to a test win irrespective of the number of 600+ scores you pile up. India itself have not been able to close out many matches despite scoring big and quick because they could not take 20 wickets eg. Sydney '04, Delhi '08, Chennai '08, Oval '07, Calcutta '07, Bangalore '07. Australia, on the other hand would invariably close out similar matches because they had McGrath and Warne. And you are wrong in suggesting that India wins this way. They might do that at home but in all our recent away wins, it's the bowling which has risen to the occasion defending good, but not mammoth scores. In fact, in our away wins only Multan and Rawalpindi come to mind where we worked with mammoth scores.

lol now come on....the world admits (non-Indians ofcourse) Pakistan produces one of the best talents in cricket. It's not just us but all foreign commentators/editors keep bragging about our talent and they aren't wrong either as they appreciate what they see. (stuff other than recent collapse) :winky: You guys are yet to produce a bowling talent so you wouldn't know much about it. We have produced talent in both batting and bowling department. Batsmen like Saeed Anwar, Majid Khan, Miandad, Hanif Mohd, Zaheer Abaas, Inzy, Yosuf, Umar Akmal all-rounders like Imran Khan, Razzaq and bowlers well do I need to even say anything here? Another lame thread, another failure attempted...move on, now next Paki thread plz. :--D

Sure it helps to have a huge score and time in the match' date=' but taking 20 wickets is the only route to a test win irrespective of the number of 600+ scores you pile up. India itself have not been able to close out many matches despite scoring big and quick because they could not take 20 wickets eg. Sydney '04, Delhi '08, Chennai '08, Oval '07, Calcutta '07, Bangalore '07. Australia, on the other hand would invariably close out similar matches because they [b']had McGrath and Warne. And you are wrong in suggesting that India wins this way. They might do that at home but in all our recent away wins, it's the bowling which has risen to the occasion defending good, but not mammoth scores. In fact, in our away wins only Multan and Rawalpindi come to mind where we worked with mammoth scores.
They are great bowlers but by no means express bowlers.However I agree with the part that in order to sustain dominance or number one position we need great bowlers.