Rate the Indian youngsters under 25

vvvslaxman

Raina Converting starts - 6 Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere) -8 Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships) -8 Running between the wickets -8 Ability against spin -5 Ability against pace - 8 Weaknesses - relatively avg against spin Flexibility (Ability to play any role) - 7 Ability to accelerate -8 Innovative batting -6 64/100

Karthik Converting starts - 5 Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere) -3 Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships) -7 Running between the wickets -7 Ability against spin - 7 Ability against pace - 7 Weaknesses - no obvious strengths & not capable of big scores Flexibility (Ability to play any role) - 7 Ability to accelerate -7 Innovative batting -9 59/100

Rohit Converting starts - 7 Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere) -8 Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships) -8 Running between the wickets -5 Ability against spin - 5 Ability against pace - 9 Weaknesses - not the best player of spin Flexibility (Ability to play any role) - 8 Ability to accelerate -7 Innovative batting -9 66/100

Raina Converting starts - 6 Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere) -8 Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships) -8 Running between the wickets -8 Ability against spin -5 Ability against pace - 8 Weaknesses - relatively avg against spin Flexibility (Ability to play any role) - 7 Ability to accelerate -8 Innovative batting -6 64/100
:omg: Hes the best out of the lot when it comes to playing spin. Was the player who stood out when Mendis was tormenting us in that 1st bilateral ODI series we played in SL in 2008. Even when we toured NZ nobody was as convincing as him against vettori apart from Sehwag..i think Ravi alluded to this point during the tour.

Kohli Converting starts - 7 Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere) -8 Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships) -8 Running between the wickets -7 Ability against spin - 9 Ability against pace - 8 Weaknesses - nothing obvious , may be that hes not the biggest hitter of cricket ball Flexibility (Ability to play any role) - 8 Ability to accelerate -7 Innovative batting -8 70/100

:omg: Hes the best out of the lot when it comes to playing spin. Was the player who stood out when Mendis was tormenting us in that 1st bilateral ODI series we played in SL in 2008. Even when we toured NZ nobody was as convincing as him against vettori apart from Sehwag..i think Ravi alluded to this point during the tour.
not even close dude , even yuvi can hit spinners for sixes , that dosen make him a good player of spin ..rainas not necessarily troubled by spinners , but he dosen pick them as well as say a kohli or GG & he has no foot work playing spinners either Kohli GG VVS Tendulkar Shewag Dhoni Dravid Raina Rohit Yuvi this is the order i rate our current batsmen against spin
Kohli Converting starts - 7 Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere) -8 Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships) -8 Running between the wickets -7 Ability against spin - 9 Ability against pace - 8 Weaknesses - nothing obvious , may be that hes not the biggest hitter of cricket ball Flexibility (Ability to play any role) - 8 Ability to accelerate -7 Innovative batting -8 70/100
Think he isn't as good against spinners..IIRC people remarked on this during the CT game..when Afridi was turning the square. Also played Adam Voges poorly as well in the ODI series v/s Aus. He did pick Mendis up relatively easily though..something Rohit is yet to demonstrate. I agree these ratings are subjective..but its just impossible to not notice the difference in spin playing ability of Raina and Virat. The best example I can give is the CT game against Pak.
Rohit Converting starts - 7 -- Hmm, High score of 70 in 40 games doesn't say much, does it ? Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere) -8 --- This is his biggest weakness. Doesn't play shots when required, doesn't take singles, builds pressure on the non -striker with his ineptness actually testing their temperament. Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships) -8 --- Um...read temperament Running between the wickets -5 --- Too generous there too. Ability against spin - 5 Ability against pace - 9 Weaknesses - not the best player of spin Flexibility (Ability to play any role) - 8 Ability to accelerate -7 Innovative batting -9 --- 9 ??? Really ? Not seen much apart from standard lofted drives and cross batted slogs. 66/100
Think he isn't as good against spinners..IIRC people remarked on this during the CT game..when Afridi was turning the square. Also played Adam Voges poorly as well in the ODI series v/s Aus. He did pick Mendis up relatively easily though..something Rohit is yet to demonstrate. I agree these ratings are subjective..but its just impossible to not notice the difference in spin playing ability of Raina and Virat. The best example I can give is the CT game against Pak.
Kohli is the best player of spin i have ever seen , if you mean he was out to spinners on couple of occasions its no big deal really ..but his foot work is unmatched , better than GG , better than tendulkar , my opinion though

Patriot , on Rohit , its not based on few ODI matches hes played for India ..I have seen him play for mumbai & India A ...Sharma looks confused or maybe a little insecure to me more than anything ....all he needs is one big knock & he belongs to our test team ...I really dont care about his 25 avg or 70sr in ODIs !

I think Sharma needs to have a better attitude towards fitness. He facting carries a pot belly around at this age. If this is the attitude in this day and age, then I am afraid he is never goign to maek a mark. He has contacts with the right people in BCCi which has given him these many chances but he will become a has been if he does not grab the chances given now. Also his pathetic ODI record Avg 25 @ striek rate 70 is over 40 games...not few by any measure and they include atleast half a dozen comebacks.

Uthappa Converting starts 5 Temperament (Not playing stupid shots out of nowhere) 5 Handling Pressure (Arresting collapses and building partnerships) 5 Running between the wickets 5 Ability against spin 5 Ability against pace 5 Weaknesses 3 Flexibility (Ability to play any role) 5 Ability to accelerate 5 Innovative batting 5 48/50 He is only half good in all the areas.

Kohli is the best player of spin i have ever seen ' date=' if you mean he was out to spinners on couple of occasions its no big deal really ..but his foot work is unmatched , better than GG , better than tendulkar , my opinion though
Better than GG? I dont think so. GG has quick footwork, and placement and deft handling of spinners. Better than SRT? That I'll let the rest of ICF tackle your stmt :P

Usefulness order: Raina~Kohli>Jadeja>Karthik>Rohit>Yusuf Rohit is very talented, but performed very very poorly for a long time, plus his fitness level seems to be deteriorating. Jadeja is a decent all rounder and we definitely are despo for a few in that dept. Karthik as others have pointed out has simply not made it count in a big fashion as Kohli has. Raina is getting a raw deal now by hardly getting any looks against some rather mediocre bowling, so not easy to compare him against Kohli.

Better than GG? I dont think so. GG has quick footwork, and placement and deft handling of spinners. Better than SRT? That I'll let the rest of ICF tackle your stmt :P
When it comes to SRT, seemingly knowledgeable posters go awry :P. So its better to not respond to trolls. And I agree that Gambhir is a superior player of spin. While Kohli managed to play Mendis and Murali in SL really well on his first tour there, Gambhir did the same in test matches, and along with Sehwag, he was the reason why we put reasonable scores in the test at Galle. I dont want to take anything away from Kohli though - his record in the domestics are excellent, and it is only a matter of time before he is given a spot in the test team.