I don't rate India a long-term No.1 - Ian Chappell

Don Sharma

Obviously they don't have the team to dominate like the West Indies and Australia have unless they unearth some more bowling talent. Currently number one' date=' yes - but whether they continue to dominate for the next decade is doubtful.[/quote'] Why didn't they discuss the same about South Africa :winky: .
omg, :haha: ) :winky: :--D
You are happy in your bubble, I am happy in mine. we can never reach to an agreement in a given context, unless we both are able to identify a bigger bubble that we both look up to - that encompasses each of our individual bubbles. Someone which is better placed to evaluate the two (or more) of its subsets - relatively. Btw, I have proven track record of my "logical reasoning capabilities" - the only mechanism I would trust for 'unambiguity' - in my logical world. And yes, I understand - "Ad Hominem", and I concur that it is possible that it can have different meaning in your bubble. Confusing ("over the top" or "under the bottom" or "away from sides")? well, my world is a bit more flexible. Sorry, I forget, you wont understand my PoV, if you haven't yet.
You are happy in your bubble, I am happy in mine. we can never reach to an agreement in a given context, unless we both are able to identify a bigger bubble that we both look up to - that encompasses each of our individual bubbles. Someone which is better placed to evaluate the two (or more) of its subsets - relatively. Btw, I have proven track record of my "logical reasoning capabilities" - the only mechanism I would trust for 'unambiguity' - in my logical world. And yes, I understand - "Ad Hominem", and I concur that it is possible that it can have different meaning in your bubble. Confusing ("over the top" or "under the bottom" or "away from sides")? well, my world is a bit more flexible. Sorry, I forget, you wont understand my PoV, if you haven't yet.
haha, still trying hard to convince your ownself that no one undertstands your posts? :hysterical: may be it's like 'my theories can't be dumb so it's him. may be he doesn't understand them. yeah yeah, it's definately him, my theories can't be dumb' .... oh boy! It's not my problem whether you chose abstract examples or whatever. The point is you chose those dumb examples for your theory (whatever reason it may be). Since you chose those examples for your theory I can go on and use them to show that your theory is dumb. There is no point in coming back and saying that 'oh my examples are dumb becauase I made them that way' you don't understand. Sure Sir but how can you have examples that makes sense when you don't have a theory that makes sense. Which is the point being made And yeah what I wrote means the same in any bubble (even in the bubble gum's bubble) :winky:

I don't think we can ever produce a champion of a bowler, Srilanka almost chased our 400+ total. Harbajahn is an overrated spinner and our fast bowlers are seems like medium swing bowlers who hardly swings the ball. We need a bowling coach and a damn good one if we want to be like Australia in the 00s

God knows what he means by this. If we flip his logic, we can very well say it would have been greater achievement had Australia caught up with the West Indies while the windies were very much a great side, rather than waiting for the Windies to degenerate before claiming the no.1 spot.. :laugh:
While I agree that your above rebuttal is spot on, and that Chappell seems run his mouth more often than not (not because he is not cricket savvy, but he is a shmuck), but I do not think his observation is too far off. You expect this team to stay on top for too long with this bowling lineup? When we did well overseas the bowlers were in much better form than now. I hope this is a temporary setback and that the new bowling coach sets things straight. Or else some team is going to take over within the next year. WI had the pace quartet, Aus had Lillee/Thompson and later on Warne/Mcgrath. What champion bowler do we have to complement our batting?
haha, still trying hard to convince your ownself that no one undertstands your posts? :hysterical: may be it's like 'my theories can't be dumb so it's him. may be he doesn't understand them. yeah yeah, it's definately him, my theories can't be dumb' .... oh boy! It's not my problem whether you chose abstract examples or whatever. The point is you chose those dumb examples for your theory (whatever reason it may be). Since you chose those examples for your theory I can go on and use them to show that your theory is dumb. There is no point in coming back and saying that 'oh my examples are dumb becauase I made them that way' you don't understand. Sure Sir but how can you have examples that makes sense when you don't have a theory that makes sense. Which is the point being made And yeah what I wrote means the same in any bubble (even in the bubble gum's bubble) :winky:
your choice of words is a good indicator of quality of your argument and your understanding. There can be more hints, but for obvious reasons you are blind to that.
your choice of words is a good indicator of quality of your argument and your understanding. There can be more hints' date=' but for obvious reasons you are blind to that.[/quote'] oh boy, appears as if you don't take your own advise seriously. your attitude is turning in to ahhtitude :haha:

Its a shame that some people here cant take criticism from one of the best commentators in the game (Chappell not Manjrekar) for what its worth, instead of complaining that people are whining that we are #1. The fact is, we don't have a consistently good bowling lineup. People can spin it anyway they want but if you compare our bowling lineup to the best teams of the past 3 decades ... ours pales in comparison. The fact that we are #1 now is fantastic and don't get me wrong I am very happy about it. However, if you look at the future our bowling stocks ... Zaheer, Sreesanth, Nehra, Ishant, RP, Praveen, Tyagi, Harbhajan, Mishra, Pathan ... tell me which one of those you can bank on to perform in 90% of games. Zaheer has been very good over the past 3-4 years ... so Id be willing to accept him as an exception. Lets accept it and hope that our bowlers can improve over the next few years. Dhoni was doing his job and defending his players as any good captain should do. I have no problem with Dhoni's return comments.

^ for your post to be spot on, the following have to be true 1. People don't understand that Ind bowling is not that great 2. People think that India is going to be a long term number one Just like you, most folks are happy that Ind managed to become #1. Now what's not appreciated is comments like 'oh ok you managed to be #1 but you won't stay there for long because of blah blah' And that 'blah blah' is something most people know. In fact I don't even see people claiming that India is the new super team (like the good old WI and recent Aus) One has to take steps at a time. Our first goal was to reach the rankings (which we have achieved). Next step should be to see that we stay at the top for longer and longer. Final step would be to turn in to a super team. All these steps are not going to be taken overnight in one shot Yes, we don't have a champion fast bowler. Are we going to manufacture one overnight? It's not like Ind has a champion fast bowler and its not playing him. It doesn't need criticism from a captain obvious to field a champion fast bowler if it has one. India is going to field one, when it has one