When should India declare?

sangrock

Ya becauze Zaheer, even though he is India's best, isn't a great bowler. He gest frustrated very easily, specially against minnows. No Indian captain in recent history has had confidence. Same thing Dhoni had done. Same thing Dravid, Same thing Ganguly. and it's qutie right. Our bowlers haven't performed that great to bank upon them. If we had Bhajji, then I would have blamed Sehwag. But here.. I won't blame because our bowling isn't good.

Here you go. Result is in front of you. Had we declared early we could have been in trouble because as everyone know, we are not great bowling team. Glad we declared late..
Correct. If we had declared for 350 as many suggested, we would have been on the back foot. This pitch was easing up all the time. Good decision by Sehwag.

The way some of the posters here were slandering Sehwag because he chose to extend the Indian innings a few minutes past tea on day 4 was such a disgrace. In the end, we won comfortably with more than a session to spare. Shame on you if you want to call yourselves Indian cricket fans.

The way some of the posters here were slandering Sehwag because he chose to extend the Indian innings a few minutes past tea on day 4 was such a disgrace. In the end, we won comfortably with more than a session to spare. Shame on you if you want to call yourselves Indian cricket fans.
I think my view that a score around 325 was sufficient is still perfectly valid. I don't remember slandering Sehwag anywhere, in fact I don't even remember mentioning his name in relation to the declaration.
I think my view that a score around 325 was sufficient is still perfectly valid. I don't remember slandering Sehwag anywhere' date=' in fact I don't even remember mentioning his name in relation to the declaration.[/quote'] I wasnt specifically referring to you. There were many other guys. The point is not whether you agree with what Sehwag did or not. We can always debate over the merit/de-merits of his decision. But I was completely appalled by was how some posters were calling Sehwag with all sorts of choicest names and expletives. That some here chose to abuse Sehwag of all Indian cricketers was even more shocking. You guys claim to be serious cricket fans, but what sort of credible fans are you, when all it takes for you to turn against your own is a few mins of unsatisfactory cricket? If this is the case when we're no.1, then I shudder at the prospect of what these characters will come up with, when we begin to lose a lot more. Such fans dont deserve selfless champions like Sehwag. All they deserve is match-fixing, pitch dancing or ball tampering village idiots from Pakistan.

Marirs adding to that, there were people who were frustrated when India wasn't able to get 9th wicket, and then started slandering Sehwag. They said poor captaincy. I quoted few guys saying what should sehwag do as he has tried keeping players in slip, tryed every bowler etc. Then there was this legend dude gaurav92 saying Sehwag sucks cauz he is not bringing Zaheer Khan, the dude didn't know that Zaheer was just taken of the attack 6 overs ago because he bowled a mighty 6 over spell in which Shahahdat Horse hossain had whacked him all over the park.

I wasnt specifically referring to you. There were many other guys. The point is not whether you agree with what Sehwag did or not. We can always debate over the merit/de-merits of his decision. But I was completely appalled by was how some posters were calling Sehwag with all sorts of choicest names and expletives. That some here chose to abuse Sehwag of all Indian cricketers was even more shocking. You guys claim to be serious cricket fans, but what sort of credible fans are you, when all it takes for you to turn against your own is a few mins of unsatisfactory cricket? If this is the case when we're no.1, then I shudder at the prospect of what these characters will come up with, when we begin to lose a lot more. Such fans dont deserve selfless champions like Sehwag. All they deserve is match-fixing, pitch dancing or ball tampering village idiots from Pakistan.
Talk about much ado about nothing. I just read the thread and not a single poster has used any expletive or abuse at Sehwag. One poster used some choice words to describe his captaincy and that's about it. Jeez!
Talk about much ado about nothing. I just read the thread and not a single poster has used any expletive or abuse at Sehwag. One poster used some choice words to describe his captaincy and that's about it. Jeez!
I think if you browse around the forum, you would notive in match threads and in some other threads people have been bit anti-sehwag for no reason. Asking for Dhoni's comeback because Sehwag is simply no-no for captaincy etc.
I think my view that a score around 325 was sufficient is still perfectly valid. I don't remember slandering Sehwag anywhere' date=' in fact I don't even remember mentioning his name in relation to the declaration.[/quote'] Weren't you going to die, if India batter after tea. I even posted an obituary for you in the match thread:sniffle: