Am I the only one that finds this embarrasing?

bharat297

I dont care if this makes me very unpopular on this forum, but I have to get this off my chest. Am I the only one that finds these mind games against BD embarrasing? We are the no.1 side in the world and they are no.9 ... Why the need to come out and play these stupid games?? We should be able to smash them without even saying a word. Virender Sehwag is one of my favourite players of all time but I cringed when I heard he came out and said "They are an ordinary side" ... Newsflash Viru ... Theyre the bottom ranked team in the world and classified as minnows. Theyve been playing Test cricket for less than 10 years ... We have been playing cricket almost 80 years. Every single aspect of our entire cricket structure is much more advanced than Bangladesh's. This is not Australia or South Africa or England (the heavyweights of the game) or even arch rivals like Pakistan or Lanka here ... This is the top team in the world trying to pick a fight with the bottom team in the world, and its embarrasing to see Indian fans up in arms cheering when we win (as if we should even expect anything less). I hope when Dhoni comes back he puts an end to this garbage.

He isn't playing any mind games, he says thing as he sees it. Someone would have asked him in the pre-game conference about Bangladesh's ability to beat India and he answered truthfully, saying what he thought. Not diplomatic but that's not his style. If you hear Sachin's post match comments, you will see that he was careful not to say anything that belittled the opposition. Again, that is his style. But you are reading far too much into Sehwag's motives. The guy isn't even motivated enough to play his customary big hundreds against their attack, you think he would go to the extent of trying to play mind games with this team? There is a long interview I read with him today in which it is clear that he is a modest, down to the earth but straight talking chap. No hidden agendas with him.

Dude they arent trying to pick a fight with anyone. It's just the bad choice of words by Viru. All he said was they are good in ODIs, but in tests there is still some way to go. And BTW, there isnt any acrimony between the players visible on the ground. It was a nice gesture for Vru to walk upto Rahim and tell him well played young man after the match ended . It's just that a single word has been blown out of porpotion by a masala hungry media. I dont agree with Viru's comments though. It will help if he comes out and says BD have improved as a test side, they keep doing that more and very soon they will become a very competitive side in all formats of the game.

Good Morning Ponting said something even more aggravating - he wanted Bangers' test status revoked right before going into a series against them. Nobody made a fuss, not the Bangers, not the self-pitying aussies and certainly not the Indians. Quit whinging.
I dunno man, I reckon the reaction would of been different. Like I said, I see nothing wrong with what Sehwag said.
I personally see nothing wrong with what Sehwag said' date=' he is calling it as he sees it. The only thing that I feel is that if it was Ponting who said this, the reaction would be oh so different.[/quote'] This is what Ponting said
Ricky Ponting has set the cat among the pigeons ahead of Australia's tour to Bangladesh by calling for Bangladesh to be stripped of its Test status. In an interview with London's Daily Telegraph Ponting said: "What I would not have is the minnow nations in the World Cup and the Champions Trophy, and I would not have Bangladesh and Zimbabwe playing Tests at present."

I don't think comparing Sehwags actions with Pontings a very good justification. Ricky Ponting is hardly a moral compass. I am all for Sehwag calling it as he sees it, but I think theres a line when you start jabbing at minnow countries. I dunno ... I would like to think we're better than that and don't need to come out and say these things. The argument of "oh he was asked these questions, what was he supposed to say" doesnt fly with me because almost every controversial comment made by a cricketer was made in a press conference or interview where he was asked a question. Its not like a cricketer goes and calls his own press conference and starts insulting other teams randomly. I guess its an individual thing but I didnt like it.

The point is nobody made a ruckus when Ponting said it (contrary to what you implied) but coming from Sehwag makes it a big deal?
Dude.. are you blind ? When did I say it was a big deal ? I said there is nothing wrong with what he said but if it was Ponting that said it, the comments would of been different. Maybe they wouldn't of then, maybe I was wrong. It's just the feeling I got.
I've read you posts before and so I know you're being thick on purpose. Do you see no difference between your example between Bhajji and Hayden and Sehwag calling Bangers ordinary which is a statement of fact - test ranking, continuous failure etc etc? Wallow in your self-pity if you must but please don't create unnecessary thread because of it - there's already one running.
Its a matter of principle. The issue of discussion is whether its right to "say it as he sees it" not whether you agree with what he says
Say it as he sees it? I am certain Sehwag thinks a lot of his aussie opponents to be maanki and what not but he doesn't go around voicing it on radio. This is an opinion. Sehwag's verdict on Bangers' ability with the ball is NOT an opinion. Sehwag is not the uncouth Hayden and hence he'd never go on radio and call his opponents a maanki. He'd, however, speak his mind when it comes to his opponents ability on the field(on which there's a unanimous agreement). You need a lesson in critical thinking if you cannot see the difference.
Calling it as he sees it, irrespective of how bitter the truth is, takes precedence over common courtesy and manners does it ? Than why not called them shyt since his original comments implied the same and we are all in unanimous argument over Bangladesh' cricketing prowess.
Calling it as he sees it' date=' irrespective of how bitter the truth is, takes precedence over common courtesy and manners does it ? Than why not called them shyt since his original comments implied the same and we are all in unanimous argument over Bangladesh' cricketing prowess.[/quote'] It takes balls and plain simplicity. He did not abuse or disrespect anyone. It's not a delegation of diplomats, it's a team there to play and win. His evaluation of Bangladesh was accurate. There is no need to give the opponent more credit than they deserve.
Whats this calls it as he sees it crap ... How is that different from Hayden calling Bhajji an obnoxious weed? Im sure Hayden was just calling it as he saw it. Everyone jumped up and down about that.
Same feelings here on the 'he-calls-it-as-he-sees-it' argument. There is another Hayden quote that would sure rile some folks here - "India is mostly a third-world country". He called it as he saw it folks. Hint: There is no excuse for lack of decency.
It takes balls and plain simplicity. He did not abuse or disrespect anyone. It's not a delegation of diplomats' date=' it's a team there to play and win. His evaluation of Bangladesh was accurate. There is no need to give the opponent more credit than they deserve.[/quote'] If you imagine yourself in the shoes of the opposition, can you understand why they are upset and why they have a very good reason to be upset ?