Ever shed a tear over a cricket match ?

Just asking; Is it not 'shed a tear', rather than 'shred a tear', or is some sort of new usage? :hmmm:
Instead of being a smartass, you could've fixed the typo... no? "Just asking" :aetsch: On topic: I never shed tears but had a very heavy heart after the 2007 debacle. Usually my dad tries to get me worked up whenever India loses but on that particular day he knew I was terribly sad and left me alone for a change. God, that was one horrible feeling and I wish I do not feel the same in the coming years :((

The Ganguly - Chappel affair was so un - necessary, I mean, couldn't they sort out their differences in private rather than make allegations in public ? Ganguly claiming he was asked to step down in that post match press conference, the letter Chappel wrote made public, the sacking of Ganguly, home fans booing the home team at Kolkota, I mean, this really affected our preperations for thw 2007 WC. Also remember the future of the BIG 3 after the 2007 T20, calls for them to retire, such fairweather people the media is. Remember the calls for Sachin to retire from test cricket, now he has got those same people eating out of his hand, played such a pivotal role in that 14 test winning streak of ours.

The Ganguly - Chappel affair was so un - necessary, I mean, couldn't they sort out their differences in private rather than make allegations in public ? Ganguly claiming he was asked to dawn in that post match press conference, the letter Chappel wrote made public, the sacking of Ganguly, home fans booing the home team at Kolkota, I mean, this really affected our preperations for thw 2007 WC. Also remember the future of the BIG 3 after the 2007 T20, calls for them to retire, such fairweather people, the media is. Remember the calls for Sachin to retire from test cricket, now he has got those same people eating out of his hand, played such a pivotal role in that 14 test winning streak of ours.
Dude you either take cricket way too seriously than you can handle or I just don't love my cricket enough :dontknow:. I mean all the little things leave you disheartened ?
Dude you either take cricket way too seriously than you can handle or I just don't love my cricket enough :dontknow:. I mean all the little things leave you disheartened ?
Maybe not disheartened, but pretty agry. No way was the Ganguly - Chappel feud little, no way. Irony is that it was under Ganguly's recommendation that Chappel got the job, only than to lose his job.
Maybe not disheartened, but pretty agry. No way was the Ganguly - Chappel feud little, no way. Irony is that it was under Ganguly's recommendation that Chappel got the job, only than to lose his job.
I think it was blown out of proportions because it was handled very poorly by Ganguly himself. He had no business running his mouth in the media claiming "Chappell had asked me to step down from captaincy". We all got agitated over this because we love Dada immensely but in a way Chappell proved he was right when SCG was dropped only to comeback as a stronger cricketer.

I am surprised nobody (apart from Dan) mentioned Barbados '97. That test match is one of the lowest points in the last two decades. Also, our performance against Zim in '99 WC tested one's resolve. 50+ extras in a WC game!?:wall: Never cried over a game but felt bad after the WIndies bundled out to the Aussies from a winning position in the '96 WC.

Chennai 99 test match, couldnt believe what was happening right before my eyes, it hurts even now..all i was thinking of was how Sachin would be feeling after the loss..oh man it is unimaginable.. then the 2003 wc match against Pak when Akthar chucked and got Sachin out, suddenly i started crying seeing him walking back not able to get a truly deserving century

Also in that 2003 WC match, when Sachin was suffering from back spasms and required treatment, that shameless slime Rameez Raja goes "If you can't get him out, get him injured"; Just reading the newspaper yesterday, Danish Kaniera apparently couldn't hold back tears when he was not picked for the MCG Boxing Day test. What a sook. If he was crying over that, can you imagine his reaction after the SCG test when he should have gotten Hussey out 3 times, who than went on to score a match winning century. :hysterical:

Quite a few but perhaps the one that comes to mind first up is when Sachin scored a century in 1999 WC against Kenya, then lifted his bat towards the sky. Everyone knew he was dedicating it to his Dad who had passed away recently and I doubt there was any human who did not feel a lump in his/her throat.

1999 - Chennai Test, that dramatic collapse after Mongia and Sachin's dismissals. Easily the worst day of mine as a die hard Indian fan. Akram and Co. celebrating, made my blood boil. WTF could we loose to team that had just lost at home to Zimbabwe and we had literally toyed with Mark Taylor's Australian team before that.