Ever shed a tear over a cricket match ?

Once and only once, when Steve Waugh was given a lap of honour and retired after the end of the 2003 / 2004 SCG Border Gavaskar Series Sydney Test. Plenty of water has flown under the bridge since than, Kumbles retirement, Ganguly's retirement, 2007 WC diasaster, being conned at Sydney 2008 etc, but Waughs retirement, man that was an awful feeling. The great man continues his charity work in Kolkata to this very day. :hatsoff: On the other hand, laughed long and hand at the miseries of the Pak team against Australia, starting from that Hobart test :hysterical:

Guest DeveGowda

Last time i shed tear in a cricket match - 96 WC Semifinal , i watched that match in Some friends house 15 mins walk from my home , unable to control tear walking back after Crowd trouble and Match given to SL....Even foolish enough to think that Kambli should have won that match :hysterical:

When we lost to Pakistan at Chennai after the 'back-breaking' century from Tendulkar. I was there in the stands and couldn't hold the emotions back when the Pakistani boys did their lap of honour. Tendulkar didn't deserve losing that day.
That was the time when we were one man army. Every inning used to depend on Sachin. He was in pain at that time. Still he tried his best. But we also had some jokers who couldnt even hold bats for 2 balls at that time. Otherwise we would have won that match.
That was the time when we were one man army. Every inning used to depend on Sachin. He was in pain at that time. Still he tried his best. But we also had some jokers who couldnt even hold bats for 2 balls at that time. Otherwise we would have won that match.
254/7 to 258 allout when all we needed was 271 to win. http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63828.html http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/410452.html
Yeah. If we had Zaheer and Bhajji at that time. We would have won that match. I even remember that match against Zim in World Cup 1999. Where we lost by 5 or 6 runs i guess. After Robin Singh got out. We lost 3 wickets when we just needed 4-5 runs. That was a very crucial game for india.

Pakistan versus Sri Lanka, Lahore Test, 2009, expected another boring draw, but when the news of the attack came through, was left completely horrified and motionless. For one week after that incident, I didn't eat well, sleep well, didn't talk to anyone, spent almost day and night sitting in front of the computer reading the latest on the terror attacks. Seeing the lankan players in bandages, oh god, that was excruciating to watch. Was completely paralysed by the thought it could have been us had we gone ahead, thank god we didn't.

Zubin' date=' what about Mendis vs India in the test series in Sri Lanka, with that carrom ball flicking technique of his fingers. We got our revenge all right, paid back with interest, he has never been the same bowler since :hysterical:[/quote'] the revenge was settled already back in 1999 when ganguly and dravid gave them their biggest ass whopping in Taunton.. i went crazy that day.. my hate for this Sh!tty overrated team started from the 96 WC semifinal match..