Doctor Afridi: A bite a day, reverse swing way (Only Banned for 2 T20's)

Icons of cheating these blokes. How can they expect the up coming cricketers not to tread the same line? I guess the first lesson the U19 lads are going to learn from their seniors is how to tamper the ball when required. Despite this I'm quite sure Afridi will be hailed by some Pakis. Cheating is kind of part of the life for some. Distasteful really, just alarming at the frequency at which Afridi tries these antics. These guys are bad influence on up coming cricketers, they shouldn't hold responsible posts in cricket. I'm sure he would have tried to teach these things to some of the IPL players ala Shoaib Akthar last year. This is a moral victory for IPL and Modi. Invariably whether one acknowledges or not IPL is better off with out Afridi.

So in your opinion he should get banned because he got CAUGHT cheating but not because he did cheat... Pakis = ****heads. The end.
how about you use your ****head before replying. As I mentioned I am a bit lenient on the whole ball tampering issue due to this completely batsmen friendly game. I don't really care much as most teams/counties do it on regular basis. Not sure about India though b/c you need pace to make use of ball tampering. :winky: Very recently one international team did it and told others who raised concerned to "F*** Off" and "Mind you own business" so Afridi incident is not really a big issue. I am only disappointed b/c this idiot did it on the middle of the ground.

Wow! I am trying my best to understand how the brain of this guy would function and don't have a clue where to start. I wrote a long, long time back that Pakistan cricket is doomed till it can get rid of the likes of Akhtar, Asif, and Afridi instead of treating them with kid gloves because of their perceived match winning abilities. Most of what I would have wanted to say has already been typed in on the thread it seems, but I just want to emphasize on a few things : 1. As pointed out, what kind of a ridiculous system does the ICC have in place where ball tampering is on par with wearing the wrong logos on the shirt. Goes to show where the priorities of the organization lie, doesn't it? 2. The respect and izzat of Pakistan must be the most complex entity on earth. It is shattered and insulted if Afridi is not picked for IPL, but ball tampering by him is seen as a run of the mill offense and seats already being wiped clean for him to assume the throne in a month. During the IPL auction, the likes of Gul has reason to feel aggrieved but Afridi was probably not going to be picked regardless. He was a pathetic performer in the first season and had disrupted team dynamics. And now of course he has shown his actual level in clear view. It would be shameful if any IPL franchisee signs him up. In fact, don't be surprised if South Australia drop this guy. 3. Again on the notion of insult to Pakistan - Hair "falsely" accusing them of cheating became an issue of national pride, a test was forfeited and the ICC was pressurized into changing the result of the match. No such national pride at stake now, it's business as usual. We cheated, we got caught, we copped a ban, will serve it, and be back in full vengeance to a theater near you. 4. The jazba and junoon that this retarded specimen will bring to Pakistan and international cricket has been demonstrated. What a shameful day it will be for World Cricket when this guy is standing up and representing one of it's constituents at ICC events.

I see that Asif was right in front of Afridi when the cheat was chewing up the seam. I wonder if he said to Afridi: "Shahid, no need to hurt your teeth. I've got a injection needle in my pocket if you want to use that instead." This is what you get when you allow cheats back into the team instead of suspending them. An honest bowler would have immediately taken that ball away from Afridi and instead of a ball sandwich he would have given him a fist sandwich.

Teams have used broken glass in towels used to wipe dew of the ball : Afretard Teams have used broken glass in towels used to wipe dew of the ball : Afretard PERTH: Cricket star Shahid Afridi has sought apology from the nation after admitting that he tempered the ball ‘for helping the bowlers’ in the last ODI against Australia played here on Sunday. Talking to Geo News, Shahid Afridi said: “Actually I wanted to help out my bowlers, adding, “every team has been involved in ball-tempering. I know of teams, who have used broken glass pieces in towels used to wipe dew of the cricket ball †However, he said he is ashamed of what he did and apologized the nation for the same. International Cricket Council (ICC) has slapped two-match ban on the all rounder after which Shahid Afridi will not be able to participate in the upcoming Twenty20 match against Australia.

I am not sure about that, Sriram, but will be prepared to wager that this cements Afridi's place as captain. PCB will probably see this as some kind of cocking the snook at establishment. Besides, he has become their default messiah just by elimination- Younis out, Yousuf out, Malik out, that leaves just him. He'll now take over the captaincy in all 3 forms and be feted and dined by cognoscenti, until, as night follows day, the team implodes under his mad, methodless leadership, just as they have been doing spectacularly in more sage hands. At that point, it'll hit the deluded fans that it's not the skipper but the personnel at his command that's the problem. They'll of course refuse to acknowledge the home truths the rest of us know and clamour for a change in leadership just as they are doing currently. Cue Younis Khan making a return. PK, Modi and his cohorts are destroying cricket, slitting the golden goose apart feather by feather. If you can't see that, I give you more credit than you deserve.
Doc, I wish I could say that wont happen and the Pakistanis will finally show some spine and try to weed out such perennial offenders, but it does look like he is going to get the captaincy after all.
Talking to Geo News' date=' Shahid Afridi said: “Actually I wanted to help out my bowlers, adding, “every team has been involved in ball-tempering. I know of teams, who have used broken glass pieces in towels used to wipe dew of the cricket ball †[/quote'] Of course, he grew up playing with guys like Waqar, Ata ur Rehman and friends who'd use pretty much every possible tool from their nails to bottle tops to **** with a ball's condition.

I asked this question before, but I'd like to do it again; If this is what Afridi, the captain the team is willing to do, in front of the cameras, what is the extent to which these guys go when they're behind it? Its a truly scary thought.

What a dimwit....how can other teams do what he claimed that they do? Broken bottle in towels!!!how did the cameras not catch this? How did the umpires who check the ball catch not catch something this big ? How in the world can someone scratch the seam without looking ? He just said that everyone is a cheater!!Is ICC not going to do anything about that? Afridi should name names if he is telling the truth and has the guts. But since its neither, he needs to go lick more balls.