Doctor Afridi: A bite a day, reverse swing way (Only Banned for 2 T20's)

Afridi finding new ways to win the games and his fans finding new ways to defend him.
Except that even blatant cheating doesn't help *win* games. Right now the only way Pakistan may be able to win a match against Australia is hoping for a combination of the Aussie first XI getting on the wrong flight to the wrong end of the country, their backups all getting food poisoning and Afridi then managing to sneak into their dressing room in stealth-beastly fashion and stealing all their equipment. And even then my money might still be on Aus!
Born cheats is a bit harsh but yes they have always tried to find a way to cheat their way out. Not entirely surprising when even their greatest cricketer was widely thought of as the ball tamperer of his generation. http://www.rediff.com/cms/print.jsp?docpath=//cricket/2004/mar/10ashu.htm
thanks Lurker.....that was a good read...very surprised to read what Balwinder singh sandhu has to say about their umpiring, must have been atrocious...
Except that even blatant cheating doesn't help *win* games. Right now the only way Pakistan may be able to win a match against Australia is hoping for a combination of the Aussie first XI getting on the wrong flight to the wrong end of the country, their backups all getting food poisoning and Afridi then managing to sneak into their dressing room in stealth-beastly fashion and stealing all their equipment. And even then my money might still be on Aus!
It almost worked before the umpires caught on and changed the ball. The ballw as reversing and Pakistan picked up some quick wickets

Oh guys Check out the new quotes coming from his. Absolutely brilliant!!! "I was frustrated and wanted to help my bowlers" "Every team in the world does it, but I did not do it well and got caught" Oh mannnnnn I love poyz, I've always said they will never let us down on the entertainment side of cricket

As for this thread, post after post after people are having a dig at the Pakistan culture amongst other things. What does Zardari have to do with Afridi tasmpering? What does the Pakistan population have to do with it? Stop being so stupid. What Afridi did was his own doing, has nothing to do with anyone else. So why not keep it at that? .
Believe it on not, when a player a player dons that green shirt he represents Pakistan and is an ambassador of Pakistan, particularly while in a foreign land. And this player was the captain of your country.
I know what you mean' date=' I could never forgive Azhar and Jadeja. But you just have to look at Pakistan as a nation to see things like this don't really matter. A thief like AQ Khan is a national hero and another thief Zardari is the president[/quote'] :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: Well said!
As for this thread, post after post after people are having a dig at the Pakistan culture amongst other things. What does Zardari have to do with Afridi tasmpering? What does the Pakistan population have to do with it? Stop being so stupid.
I hate to say this mate but there may be something to do with local population and culture at play.(Please note that I have not mentioned religion). The thing is that you simply can not kep using that argument - What has the local population got to do with it - when you have situations ranging from ball tampering, player infights, Board mismanagement, skipper problems etc, when there seems to be no end to it. If you take the argument further and look at issues ranging from politics and terrorism you can see how often that argument is used. "So yes British Pakistanis were part of terror plot what does that have to do with Pakistanis?", "Yes Lal Masjid happened but what has that to do with Pakistani populace"?. Maybe just maybe it does have something to do with prevalent culture? maybe the likes of afridi do this because they have seen Imran, Akram, Waqar do the same? maybe Pakistani players make factions because thats how they have always played cricket? Maybe they do not respect their skippers because when skippers like Waqar and Javed Miandad could not earn players how can Maliks and Yousuf's of this world?? Maybe there is a reason why the two greatest Pakistani skippers - Imran and Kardaar - were also the most Dictatorial kind?? I would hate to generalize an entire country but most of these are facts, is it not? And YOU, seems like you are a reasonable person, would basically be standing in the firing line from both sides. xxx