No referrals in India-South Africa series

Mr. Wicket

Unfortunately they do not seem to learn. We suffered at the hands of Bukhnaar and Bowden in Sydney 2004. Then we suffered again in the home series in 2004 that followed several months later. (I believe BossBhai and I were both in the USA at the time, and could hear from Bangalore the giant inside edge of bat on ball that accompanied Sehwag being given out LBW by Bowden.) And we've been ********ed by umpiring other occasions as well. Sydney 08 rankles especially hard. Really, why do some people not learn from these mistakes, and why do we want to stick with the system so players, fans and team all lose out?

Neo after paying larget amounts to BCCI, are running into loses. They don't even have Snicko. Without snicko, some players will challenge the on field umpires decision on very faint nicks. But I would still go with it whatever they have. Its about time ICC makes it compulsory to have Hot Spot or Snicko in international test matches. Don't they have a rule, match cannot be called international game without third umpire.

Guest DeveGowda
Neo after paying larget amounts to BCCI, are running into loses. They don't even have Snicko. Without snicko, some players will challenge the on field umpires decision on very faint nicks. But I would still go with it whatever they have. Its about time ICC makes it compulsory to have Hot Spot or Snicko in international test matches. Don't they have a rule, match cannot be called international game without third umpire.
I think ICC cannot make a rule like this...beacuse it all depenedent on Who PAYS for the technologies..Even in SA/ENG recent series they didnt had Hot Spot simply because super Sport, host broadcaster, cant Afford the Cost.... May be ICC has to reserve Some Funds for this... But using UDRS is better ,,eventough its havinf detractors currently..in long term this will be definietely become Succesful.

I dont get people dissing the umpires on field and trying to use the word 'charm' in demeaning or at least less than honourable fashion. No offense meant, but such horror series as with Bucknor and Benson come along once in a blue moon. I will happily join in to deride the umpires in question for their work in that series. But that does not mean that on field umpiring is to be dispensed with, does it? Moreover it is not as if we have a perfect system with the UDRS. Does anybody here we have a perfect system with Hawkeye in the mix? :) Experts, players and officials - all of them dont speak too highly of Hawkeye. The only body which does seem to like it is, unsurprisingly ICC. And Richardson talks of percentage figures like 96 and 98 nonchalantly without giving us even a peek at how he arrived at those numbers! How can people swallow that hook, line and sinker?! ________ WATER BONG

We shouldnt blame the umpires for any bad decisions against our batsmen. It's a shame really not to see UDRS being used for tests played by India. I am sure the player's opinion is also playing an important role in this and therefore if at all these same players suffer due to poor umpiring , they shouldn't moan about it.

I dont get people dissing the umpires on field and trying to use the word 'charm' in demeaning or at least less than honourable fashion. No offense meant' date=' but such horror series as with Bucknor and Benson come along once in a blue moon.[/quote'] Calling upon the Boss to define just how quickly a 'blue moon' comes around. No comment either on Bowden screwing us over numerous times in the past, or Brian Jerling with his ignorance of the LBW law in the West Indies, or Ashocka de Silva, etc?