Rohit Sharma added to first Test squad between India and SA

Feed

I dont think so... Badri didnt get a chance in test, but his temperament and style is better than Rohit.. but this time both will get a chance, as LAxman is also sitting out! ;) Let see who comes up with a good show!
are u sure about Laxman?:nervous: we r screwed if he doesnt play Rohit is better player for me.he is young,has a good technique n has lots of talent.Badri seems good against spinners n medium pacers,but is woeful wen the ball is 140+.Steyn n Co. r gonna give a hard tiime to him
are u sure about Laxman?:nervous: we r screwed if he doesnt play Rohit is better player for me.he is young,has a good technique n has lots of talent.Badri seems good against spinners n medium pacers,but is woeful wen the ball is 140+.Steyn n Co. r gonna give a hard tiime to him
Hmm... Not sure mate.... I dont think Rohit is fit for tests or ODIs... Eagerly waiting for Badri! But if laxman is out, Rohit will also be in, so that we can get a chance weigh both of them in a balance :winky:
Not sure where you noticed Badri struggling against fast bowlers but having been in the test squad for this long without ever getting a chance it would be a little unfair if he does not get to play when two middle order slots become vacant.
Not sure where you noticed Badri struggling against fast bowlers but having been in the test squad for this long without ever getting a chance it would be a little unfair if he does not get to play when two middle order slots become vacant.
first in Irani trophy wen Ishant made him look like a tailender before knocking off his off stump out. n then in BP XI game against Aussies wen they visited here.also his scores in Emerging players tournament were not flash i agree that since hes in the squad he should play.i'm saying that someone younger like Kohli or Pujara or Dhawan should have been in the squad instead of him
we cant decide unless he plays :D, so far, I have not seen yet, like Ishant treating good batsman a tail-ender... btw... i guess in emerging players tournament badri played a fine innings in semifinals!
sharma is our most technically gifted and talented young batsman but his mind is like yuvraj,on the other hand badri has strong mental strength has gome through the grind he deserves atleast a test.
so why is he in the squad? ya he may have scored a triple century in a domestic game but Raina and Kohli have performed consistently in international cricket. If not bias, how else would you explain his selection?
pure talent,we all know how talented he is.Raina has problems with short ball. Kohli i agree should have been there,but i would call it a mistake rather than bias
what kind of a message does this send to other aspiring cricketers when we keep picking rohit despite repeated failures?.
repeated failures are in ODIs what they have to do with test selection? i'm not endorsing his selection,i would have liked Pujara or Kohli to be there,but i'm not too sad either
repeated failures are in ODIs what they have to do with test selection? i'm not endorsing his selection,i would have liked Pujara or Kohli to be there,but i'm not too sad either
this guy has not shown the mental fortitude to play a long innings in ODI cricket !! how can we expect him to succeed in test cricket?
this guy has not shown the mental fortitude to play a long innings in ODI cricket !! how can we expect him to succeed in test cricket?
ODI require totally different skills.there u cant play too many dot balls.heck even Sehwag throws away starts repeatedly. in tests u can play dot balls.so its not a great comparison.Rohit recently hit 300 in Ranji trophy which shows that he can play long innings too
300 on a patta wicket where every tom dick and harry scored runs?.I would rather give a chance to Pandey if thats the case who scored a century on a green track in mysore.i was a rohit supporter but he has let himself go and these unwarranted selections are not going to help.
how does flat wicket improve ur concentration?u can still throw away ur wicket,no?u asked if Rohit has the ability to play long innings or not n i gave u this example,how does it matter wat the pitch was like? as for skills,we r aware of them too.remember his innings on T20 debut on a tricky wicket.agreed it was a T20,but was a seaming track n he showed tremendous skills in getting us to a good score. Pandey,Pujara,Kohli all are talented n future test prospects .Rohit is just one of them.others will get thier chances in time.it just happened that Rohit was preferred to others this time
pure talent' date='we all know how talented he is.[b']Raina has problems with short ball. Kohli i agree should have been there,but i would call it a mistake rather than bias
So as Nohit. So as Dada. This can be easily corrected with some practice. At least Raina has temparment to do well in shorter format of the game. I'm sure given a chance, he'll do well in longer format.