Sachin on ball tampering

saneindian

I'm slowly getting sick of the bloody Pakis. I fight fellow Indians to give you a chance and this is what I get in return :whack:
easy there......you generally are a nice poster. Posters here have been humiliating our players for tampering for last few days and when I drag yours it hurts? What Afridi did was outrageously stupid, he's a donkey, end of story. It's disturbing to read you guys keep calling all Pakistani cheats, making marry out of false accusations, it's in their blood, it's how they only win etc etc. Your players have been accused for tampering too so live with it and don't just point fingers only at Pakistanis. Everyone does it, accept the fact and move on.
Sachin has tampered the ball many times, whats the surprise he has tampered it all the way to 30K international runs
I am not trying to degrade Sachin here as he's a really nice chap and one of the most humble players in cricket. It's just general realization that tampering is out there and teams do get involved in it due to heat of the moment and pathetic wickets. I am all for making tampering legal, to what extent and with what is debatable.
I am not trying to degrade Sachin here as he's a really nice chap and one of the most humble players in cricket. It's just general realization that tampering is out there and teams do get involved in it due to heat of the moment and pathetic wickets. I am all for making tampering legal' date=' to what extent and with what is debatable.[/quote'] abe Joke toh samajh mamu. SRT is (in)famous of adjusting his abdominal guard many a times while batting :giggle:

Super fail by the Pakistanis..:laugh: P.S; Why is Sachin SOOO reluctant to address controversial topics? The point of having an interview is so that the stars give answers for questions that we as viewers want answered and not questions that the star choses to answer. To an extent, I can understand Sach's reluctance because lunatics like the Shiv Sena make a melee out of anything he says, but still..

pakistanis are okay. i miss the bangladeshis. they get us for 240 in a session and they dream of the world championship in test cricket. :cantstop:
I remember that day & I'm sure the people who actually supported Bangladesh remember the next few days as they were forced to eat their words :two_thumbs_up:
easy there......you generally are a nice poster. Posters here have been humiliating our players for tampering for last few days and when I drag yours it hurts? What Afridi did was outrageously stupid' date=' he's a donkey, end of story. It's disturbing to read you guys keep calling all Pakistani cheats, making marry out of false accusations, it's in their blood, it's how they only win etc etc. Your players have been accused for tampering too so live with it and don't just point fingers only at Pakistanis. Everyone does it, accept the fact and move on.[/quote'] Sorry if my language was harsh. But I'm really getting sick and tired of this constant pulling down. If an Indian player doctors the ball, I'll be the first one to call him take his case. I don't mince words, I say what I feel and I really don't bother whether it is politically correct or not. There is no midway in an opinion, it is either a YES or NO and I like it being uncomplicated and I even keep it that way. What hurts is that when I'm being unabated with the Pakistani users, they try to pull my country down. Now emotion to a certain extent is okay. But it can't be happening all the time. Just like you dislike your country being pulled down, so do I. And I'm sure that both of us know that generalization is the worst thing to do. There are good people on both sides and we should just restrain ourself. As for the argument about ball-tampering - I haven't played International cricket to know whether the ball does get doctored or not. What I know for a fact is that Pakistan surely does it as they get caught. England does it as everyone saw in the recent sereis and as Tresco stated in his autobiography. Others either don't do it or don't get caught doing it. Just because a player from Pakistan got caught doesn't make the argument credible that everyone doctors the ball.

Btw, below is Sachin's case .... Anyone who thinks removing grass from the ball constitutes as ball tempering and thus he is in the same league as some of the real offenders need to have his/her head examined

The International Cricket Council on Wednesday made it clear that Sachin Tendulkar hadn't been found guilty of ball tampering by its match referee Mike Denness, whose action sparked off a bitter controversy. The master batsman was handed down a suspended one-match ban and a fine by Denness during the second Test between India and South Africa at Port Elizabeth last week for not informing the umpires that he was removing grass from the seam of the ball, the ICC said. "Sachin Tendulkar has not been found guilty of ball tampering. The punishment was for removing grass from the ball but not having informed the umpires, which is very different from ball tampering," ICC spokesman Jonathan Hamus said. The belated clarification from the game's governing body comes amidst hectic efforts by those involved with the game to find a way out of the stand-off between the ICC and the Board of Control for Cricket in India. http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2001/nov/28ten.htm
Controversial British cricket match referee Mike Denness has said he does not believe that India's Sachin Tendulkar, whom he had found guilty of ball tampering, committed the offence deliberately. Speaking to the British media, Denness denied he accused Tendulkar of "tampering" with the ball. "Tampering seems to be the instant word that everyone wants to use," he said. The rule under which Denness booked Tendulkar (Law 42.3) speaks of "altering the condition of the ball." But Denness himself now says that he did not suggest that Tendulkar had tampered with the ball. The rule required Tendulkar to clean the seam under the supervision of the umpires, which Tendulkar failed to do. Denness says he felt this was technical neglect, not deliberate offence. "I can't use the words ball-tampering. I can use 'action on the ball' or whatever because there's nothing in the laws about 'tampering'. It depends how you interpret the English language, I suppose." http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2001/nov/28tamp3.htm