Hyderabad not to host IPL matches

Block hole

Hyderabad, home to the Deccan Chargers, will not host any IPL matches in the third season of the tournament starting March 12. The state has seen political unrest and violence for the past few weeks in the wake of a separatist movement; Deccan's first game, the tournament opener, was shifted to Mumbai on the grounds that it needed extra preparation, and it has been confirmed that four other games will not be held in Hyderabad. "It is confirmed that all the matches will be shifted out from there," Sundar Raman, COO of the IPL, told the Times of India. Mumbai's DY Patil Stadium will host Deccan's tournament opener on March 12, two matches have been allotted to Visakhapatnam, but it has not been decided which venue will host the remaining four matches. The Times of India reported that the Vidarbha Cricket Association in Nagpur, which was earlier scheduled to host three home matches for the Mumbai Indians, could host these matches. This past week reports of IPL matches being moved out of Hyderabad set off a controversy with a senior government official in Andhra Pradesh, of which Hyderabad is the state capital, asking Deccan to boycott the tournament altogether in that eventuality. Concerns over the political situation in Andhra Pradesh have already resulted in the shifting of an ODI between India and Sri Lanka from Visakhapatnam last December, and two ODIs scheduled for Hyderabad, during England women's tour of India in February-March, have now been split between Bangalore and Mumbai. Also, spectators were barred from entering the stadium for the first two days of the Duleep Trophy final between West Zone and South Zone in Hyderabad because of a perceived security threat. Deccan are the defending champions, having beaten Royal Challengers Bangalore in the final in South Africa last year. The result was a massive improvement from their last-placed finish in the inaugural edition in 2008. http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/current/story/448045.html

No offense but I think the AP people are over-reacting over the IPL matches shift issue.. I dont understand an outrage when they themselves know that the fight over Telengana is not stopping... either end this fight and the violence in AP or dont react when the matches are taken away.. what do they expect? .. should the BCCI and IPL management hold matches at Hyderabad and Vishakhapatnam when even college students in the top AP colleges are fighting and protesting violently over the Telengana issue :dontknow:

So what is the purpose of playing home and away matches when the IPL commissioner can arbitarily shift matches. Jokes of DC losing their home matches aside, every team will have home advantage , while DC doesnt. I mean the big thing about City based franchises was to build fan bases and have City based supporters at home game.

No offense but I think the AP people are over-reacting over the IPL matches shift issue.. I dont understand an outrage when they themselves know that the fight over Telengana is not stopping... either end this fight and the violence in AP or dont react when the matches are taken away.. what do they expect? .. should the BCCI and IPL management hold matches at Hyderabad and Vishakhapatnam when even college students in the top AP colleges are fighting and protesting violently over the Telengana issue :dontknow:
I tell you , telangana issue is nothing to do with these match shifts. Of course, Telangana protest is going on , but that wouldn't have caused any problem with IPL. I know for a fact that Hyderabadis love their IPL team , telangana and Andhra people alike. Modi is acting like hitler these days, taking decision on his own. Even if they wanted to shift, why didn't they shift to Vizag? Why Mumbai where Aussie players are threatened by ShivSena? Why Nagpur? If Gults have some guts, they should protest strongly and make BCCI reverse this decision

I tell you ' date=' telangana issue is nothing to do with these match shifts. Of course, Telangana protest is going on , but that wouldn't have caused any problem with IPL. I know for a fact that Hyderabadis love their IPL team , telangana and Andhra people alike. Modi is acting like hitler these days, taking decision on his own. Even if they wanted to shift, why didn't they shift to Vizag? Why Mumbai where Aussie players are threatened by ShivSena? Why Nagpur? If Gults have some guts, they should protest strongly and make BCCI reverse this decision[/quote'] :two_thumbs_up: The Gults listened to you and DC is threating legal action against IPL.

Despite both anti and pro-telangana groups have given the assurance that IPL matches will not be disrupted, still modi moves DC matches away from hyd and vizag? WTF?? What's with Nagpur these days? We seem to be playing every odd match there. What's more shameful is that Modi has taken the decision and didn't even bother to check with HCA or the DC franchise. Here's sincerely hoping that shiv sena dirupts IPL matches and embarrasses Modi and his IPL :finger:

Guest DeveGowda

Important thing is whether IPL gave choice to DC to select the venues...If Modi decide on his own to shift the matches to nagpur and Mumbai its Mistake... If the matches needed to be shifted then the choice should be Of DC than IPL or IPL has to Give the gate reciepts Share and Advertisement to DC for tha matches played in nagpur..!

Paki terrorist too gave their word that they wont harm sports person.... I am not saying both groups are the same but IPL has to take decision based on the security situation at present on the streets rather than take someones word for it.
That's the key. Does the security situation in Mumbai and Nagpur looks ok to you where Shiv sena openly threatened to disrupt the IPL matches directly? And don't forget SS made similar kind of threat for screening MNIK and carried that too. Didn't they?? Double standards by modi!!