Thank you for the sporting pitch

Guest Hiten.

morkel and steyn will kill our batting on this pitch unless it flattens out completely.
There is no devil in this pitch :cantstop: Bowlers can extract some extra bounce with some extra effort, but our batsmen select shots judiciously they'll get the value for their shots. Outfield is fast and ball is nicely coming on to the bat, so I dont see a reason why we cant bat good.

To OP, if we want to ban a pitch for test cricket, it should be Nagpur. There were hardly thousand people watching the test match on Sunday. Its a real shame to test cricket. Look at calcutta, what an atmosphere in Eden garden with more than 20K crowd cheering for India. We shouldn't have test matches at centres like Nagpur,mohali etc where test matches are not appreciated.

There is no devil in this pitch :cantstop: Bowlers can extract some extra bounce with some extra effort' date=' but our batsmen select shots judiciously they'll get the value for their shots. Outfield is fast and ball is nicely coming on to the bat, so I dont see a reason why we cant bat good.[/quote'] the ball is coming on to the bat better here.I still think the pace of steyn and morkel will trouble our batsmen,if GG and viru can weather the early storm then we can put up a great score.

This was a jinx thread :dontknow: And I don't think pitch had anything to do with SA's collapse it's just our bowlers came up with different plan and dried up the runs putting their batsmen in pressure. Also kallis would be kicking himself for that shot which triggered collapse. This was bound to happen if you take out kallis from equation as Duminy is uncomfy against spinners and Prince is struggling. This is almost Sree-esque performance on a dead pitch please give credit to the bowlers.

This was a jinx thread :dontknow: And I don't think pitch had anything to do with SA's collapse it's just our bowlers came up with different plan and dried up the runs putting their batsmen in pressure. Also kallis would be kicking himself for that shot which triggered collapse. This was bound to happen if you take out kallis from equation as Duminy is uncomfy against spinners and Prince is struggling. This is almost Sree-esque performance on a dead pitch please give credit to the bowlers.
Agreed. Kallis wicket triggered a collapse. Prince has been batting worse than a tailender in the last few tests. Duminy is also out of form. It was down the ABDV.

eden is one of the best grounds in the world,it has more history to it than anyother.....we will win it here.....how many people were in nagpur for the match?.20000 plus people cheered the team on through out the day lifting them.what happened at nagpur in 2004 why did a certain mr anohar and his curator left a green pitch for the australians.People hating eden gardens and kolkata must remember that it is the place of indians greatest come from behind moment.Commentators and cricketers around the world swear by the atmosphere at kolkata.nagpur gets so many matches almost every tour it gets a match because of mr manohar. Today Sunny gavaskar wrote a column that why should the no.1 team need a curator's help so lets ban him as well.At least the curator here didnt gave a green grassland like in nagpur.why nagpur wasnt banned? anyone asking to take away matches from eden gardens :thefinger: :icflove:

The OP had to do more with the snub from the curator The Pitch is still pretty good for batting, 2 batsmen scored centuries...so suddenly the pitch changed its course? which helped the bowlers? it was a classic SA choke as we know it
:cantstop: Can't disagree with that They did the same in Kanpur test last time and blamed the pitch lol
Despite all its problems' date=' I still strongly believe that Eden Gardens is the best test venue in India. The atmosphere there is surreal and India has had some memorable moments there![/quote'] I am sorry but any venue that does not provide you home advantage should be snubbed. Nagpur too deserves/deserved cold shoulder because if the Opponent is going to have advantage over us we might as well play them at their home. Obviously I am not asking for a rank turner like kanpur but the pitch has to be tailor made in accordance to spin bowling; especially when only one of your seam bowler is ready to toil and prevail. I still think the pitch is batting friendly and India has to capitalize on RSA's missed opportunity. Petersen, Amla and kallis fell to wrong shot and they looked in ominous form from India's POV.
I am sorry but any venue that does not provide you home advantage should be snubbed. Nagpur too deserves/deserved cold shoulder because if the Opponent is going to have advantage over us we might as well play them at their home. Obviously I am not asking for a rank turner like kanpur but the pitch has to be tailor made in accordance to spin bowling; especially when only one of your seam bowler is ready to toil and prevail. I still think the pitch is batting friendly and India has to capitalize on RSA's missed opportunity. Petersen, Amla and kallis fell to wrong shot and they looked in ominous form from India's POV.
if we make rank turner like kanpur we dont wan bans BB.......this pitch will turn come day 4 5
I am sorry but any venue that does not provide you home advantage should be snubbed. Nagpur too deserves/deserved cold shoulder because if the Opponent is going to have advantage over us we might as well play them at their home. Obviously I am not asking for a rank turner like kanpur but the pitch has to be tailor made in accordance to spin bowling; especially when only one of your seam bowler is ready to toil and prevail. I still think the pitch is batting friendly and India has to capitalize on RSA's missed opportunity. Petersen, Amla and kallis fell to wrong shot and they looked in ominous form from India's POV.
if we make rank turner like kanpur we dont wan bans BB.......this pitch will turn come day 4 5
:wall:
define tailor made for spin.....thats what the curator asked too.........:icflove:
I guess a pitch that will crack faster than they do in RSA, Aus, Eng et al and from what i've seen from the kolkata pitch y'day, its a very hard surface which won't be cracking very soon hence nullifying our spin attack. It is not the question of whether our spinner will capitalize on a pitch that will assist their bowling but it is about giving what the team asks you to give them. What the Kolkata curator did was wrong and the news reports of Tendulkar meeting Dalmiya, BCCI asking him to make rank turner etc just puts our cricketer on the wrong side of the bridge.
Thank you Mr. Mukherjee. Please wipe off the white stain from your face now. India should NEVER play a test in the 'potential' candidates' zone as the SOBs **** you up to show what they're capable off. 2nd important series and an outside force has written our fate. Well done mother****ers.
Hai. :hello: