No team can call themselves NO 1

Guest DeveGowda

Guest DeveGowda
I think what the OP suggests is while we are No 1' date=' we are not the BEST team / unbeatable team in the world. We are one of the 4 best teams, probably 3 best - India, SA and Aus. Unlike the previous decades no team will remain No.1 for a long period. The gap between the Top 3 has narrowed so much that the No.1 slot will keep changing hands very often. If India don't play for a couple of months we could lose the number 1 tag which was not the case a few years ago. Having said that it is interesting this way, rather then one team dominate for decades.[/quote'] Can u suggest a better Title..People here think i am Anti indian :winky:

on paper I would say we are slightly ahead of SA ..unlike most people here ,I do rate some of our bowlers ...our attack is not poor , but thanks to the flat wickets we have been producing they are bound to struggle once in a while . Steyn and Morkel looked better than they are cos our depleted batting in first test , a full strength indian linup would score 600+ 9 out of 10 times against them , on these pitches ..on the other hand our bowling has consistently taken 20 wickets on very same tracks in past 2-3 years . fielding in test matches ? who cares ? our catching is as good as any . we are the best side in the world , deservingly

This Series showed One thing..No one team Can now Brag they are NO 1 team in the world..Only team which will be No 1 atleast 3/4 years and played in all counties can claim that Post. (it may be difficult to stay on TOP like WI and Aus did in past). Because all the teams have One or other Problems.. India Best batting line up but Bowling and Fielding still weak.. SA good allround team but cant play Spin and Cant handle pressure.. (may be thats in their genes). Aus - Still rebuilding, but unable to provide Individual players who can change matches like in past England - If they or on TOP one day , will be in Underground next day.. SL - Only in Home.. Pak - Good bowling line up but batting is just coming & going.. no need to talk about NZ,WI and bangla who are essentially limited overs players why they Bother baout Tests No idea...
man shut it already, typical indian inferiority complex- there's a damned good reason we are number one, cos we played great cricket for awhile without losing nothing until the Nagpur game thx
Guest DeveGowda
man shut it already' date=' typical indian[b'] inferiority clompex- there's a damned good reason we are number one, cos we played great cricket for awhile without losing nothing until the Nagpur game thx
:hysterical: i just wrote there are no clear BEST team in thae world..what that do with Complex there.. If i told there no clear No 1's then ill become Inferior coplexed person :haha:....why u generalize indians just for cricket... *India progressed way beyond what it was 10 years back... ** India will win this match By innings..before EOD tommarrow
Guest DeveGowda
No. Your Titlle clearly says that no team can call themselves No 1. This is clearly nonsense as we are No 1 and can and will call us No1. Now you have dug yourself in a whole you are spinning it to there are no CLEAR best team!
Learnt to read full Article also.. Dont just go by Title... (Even some other people also posted Same) After this also i am still saying there are no clear NO 1 ... (I think u FOGOT this is 2nd test..Did u watched 1st test..) As for nonsense..Most of things written here is same :hysterical: * And i didnt told Anywhere india is NOT no 1..my intention is No need to HYPE or SHOUT we are No 1 when atleast u stay there for a year..
Gowda saheb go to the pp website and tell them they do not deserve the 1992 WC since they were lucky due to the rain affected match vs England. They will honor you with Nishan-e-Haider for your bravery.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Guest DeveGowda
Gowda saheb go to the pp website and tell them they do not deserve the 1992 WC since they were lucky due to the rain affected match vs England. They will honor you with Nishan-e-Haider for your bravery.
why should i go to PP ..u are here..u can give Some award :hysterical:

I would say India and South Africa are about equal to each other right now. England and Australia not to far behind them. Then comes Sri Lanka and miles behind, sadly I must say, Pakistan and the rest. The current test series shows me that both sides have the potential to beat each other, but I always prefer a bowling unit to be on the top, India as awesome as they are, don't have the bowling force which I like to see. But as you know I'm one of those guys who prefers Tests to last 3 days with 150 playing 150 in both innings.

Guest DeveGowda
More troubling is how the No 1 ranking is used to muffle any criticism of India, even if it is positive, constructive criticism. Look, you may disagree but I don't think we are as good as we think we are, harsh maybe, but some honest self introspection goes a long way.
No body prefers that online...But every one knows that...To the die hard fans any comments seems very bad..( i was once Upon time..even fighting with people literally :winky:) Not only sports even Movies and Movie stars...:winky:
More troubling is how the No 1 ranking is used to muffle any criticism of India, even if it is positive, constructive criticism. Look, you may disagree but I don't think we are as good as we think we are, harsh maybe, but some honest self introspection goes a long way.
Ok forget all this. Who according to you has the perfect test team at the moment?
No one. Just three very good teams, India, Australia and South Africa. I am hard pressed to put one over the other
In which case the sytem ranks them according to the number of wins and the relative strength of the opposition. That places India on top currently, how is that wrong? If you want to rank teams based on perception which is reinforced by continuous victories and historic performances, that will take some time. After all the old king (Australia) has just died. :winky:
In which case the sytem ranks them according to the number of wins and the relative strength of the opposition. That places India on top currently' date=' how is that wrong?[/quote'] See, being ranked No. 1 doesn't mean that you are No. 1, irrespective of whether you are Australia, South Africa or India. India may lose their ranking to weaker South African / Australia side due to no fault of their own, but that doesn't mean that the team that replaces them are No. 1