47th! And four out of four this year!!

zubinpepsi

Man' date=' the way the gap widened between SRT's # of 100s compared to Ponting is just surreal. Everything happened in a blink of an eye. I really hope he carries on his form and rest from useless ODI series (like he did in BD) to prolong his Test career. There is a HUGE difference when SRT is in form and when not. When in form, he picks the line and length as early as the first ball and when he is out of touch, he tends to go into a shell blocking everything that comes his way.[/quote'] Similar thing happened with Mullah Anwar too, he was quite close for ODI 100s and now look what happened
good observations there Proff. the only things that are in Pontings favour zre that he is 18months younger and will potentially play a lot more test cricket. But one feels that he missed out on some easy hundreds against WI and Pakistan that too on his home ground.
Boss, there is nothing left in favor or against - the maximum number of test centuries to have been registered in the sports' existence has been written with this 4 out of 4 from Tendulkar. It's over, dusted, and gone. Let's pool in some money so that the fat lady can sing on it. He has 9 tests just before the '11 WC and 15 more in the coming year till the Aussie tour, which I think might be his swansong in tests, with maybe a farewell series at home in the spring of '12.

Punter will find to prolong his career if he remains captain. He was the only player who played most of the ODIs against pakis and windies. I am sure if he was not a captain he would have opted out on some. I don't see if playing for long, if insists to remain captain.