Laxman Sivaramakrishnan

I dont have anything against indian commies.. but its just that they are useless.. and they have nothing to offer...
You think Cullinan, Jackman , Danny Morrison or any of the foriegn commentators have more to offer about the Indian conditions or the new players playing in the team or the reason why X or Y Indian player has been selected - his performances in domestic or even international games? Daryll Cullinan is asking Siva questions on line and length of bowling spin in India on different grounds etc. How do you expect him to offer more than what the Indian commentators have to offer.
Gavaskar is now a brillinat commentator. Love listening to him commentate now
Gavaskar is nowhere close to being brilliant and Siva is not as bad as you make him out to be, you seem to swing between extremes. Gavaskar's obsession with SRT and milestones can cause more irritation than eczema. Siva does not sound natural when commentating and has very few insightful comments - except, of course, when he talks of nuances in leg-spin bowling - to make but so are most other Indian commentators.

I get a feeling that had LSRK been fair skinned, he wouldn't have been hated as much! His commentary maybe bad but he isn't the worst commentator going around. He is in fact better than the lankan brigade or any pakistani commentators, the arun lals, mohinder amarnaths, Danny Morrisons, Bruce Yardelys and other neo commentators who cover the domestic matches.

Dude we don't excel in commentating. English is not our first language and it does not come natural to many...so cut some slack. It's like getting pissed at our bowlers when they don't perform well but where is the bench strength? (not a suitable analogy but it gets my point across hopefully) Having said that I do prefer white commentators...:P..not because of fair skin but their superior language skills & insight. Commentating is a art and some have perfected it.

He is great now. Relaxing' date=' with good humour. I think he is the best around now[/quote'] Sunny makes me cringe with his nonsense, same old whining, playing the victim card all the time, its true what he says but the way he goes about it Lets not even get into milestones and Sachin batting
You think Cullinan' date=' Jackman , Danny Morrison or any of the foriegn commentators have more to offer about the Indian conditions or the new players playing in the team or the reason why X or Y Indian player has been selected - his performances in domestic or even international games? Daryll Cullinan is asking Siva questions on line and length of bowling spin in India on different grounds etc. How do you expect him to offer more than what the Indian commentators have to offer.[/quote'] Each one of those commentators you mention offers a more engaging listening experience than Sivaramakrishnan. No doubts about that. In fact Robin Jackman is among the most underrated commentators in the world. Apart from that I have never understood why there are so many people against Arun Lal. He has lovely voice and diction and more importantly makes some very nice points. He is also somebody who is alert to possibilities in the field and does not shoot off his mouth as often as say Sivaramakrishnan.
Dude we don't excel in commentating. English is not our first language and it does not come natural to many...so cut some slack. It's like getting pissed at our bowlers when they don't perform well but where is the bench strength? (not a suitable analogy but it gets my point across hopefully) Having said that I do prefer white commentators...:P..not because of fair skin but their superior language skills & insight. Commentating is a art and some have perfected it.
Now, this is something I would definitely disagree with. Perhaps the best commentary I have ever heard - including silence when it is demanded - is from the peerless Vijay Amritraj. And he is without a doubt Indian. I also do not believe that it is our nationality which prevents us from picking the language up easily. Not for nothing do we see Indians imitate and intone every drawl and nasal twang that one can come across in America and elsewhere. Indians are very versatile indeed. However when commentating one tends to look at former players. And this pool can definitely be limiting - especially considering that most cricketers may not have had the full benefit of college education. Especially in those days.
Each one of those commentators you mention offers a more engaging listening experience than Sivaramakrishnan. No doubts about that. In fact Robin Jackman is among the most underrated commentators in the world. Apart from that I have never understood why there are so many people against Arun Lal. He has lovely voice and diction and more importantly makes some very nice points. He is also somebody who is alert to possibilities in the field and does not shoot off his mouth as often as say Sivaramakrishnan.
Because he thinks he's there to do a wildlife documentary