Why is Ajinkya Rahane not in Mumbai Indians squad??

Texan

He was one of their best batsmen in the last IPL and now MI doesn't even have him in the squad!!!:protest: And they have players like Rahul Shukla, Murtaza Ali, Chandan Madan, Ishan Malhotra, Syed Sahabuddin and R Sathish... No wonder they don't reach the semis and they won't this year too :whack:

IIRC, he actually struggled in the IPL for Mumbai Indians. Ali Murtaza, R Satish, and TP Singh( who I thought signed up with MI) were ICL all stars so on paper atleast they were good buys. Chandan Madan is there as a wicket-keeper and had a good Corporate Trophy which helped him bag the MI contract.

I'm not sure if the squads have been finalized yet perhaps he will find a spot. But regarding his IPL performances, here are his stats : average of 18.5 with a strike rate of 105. [table=head]Format|Mat|Inn|Runs|BatAv|HS|BatSR|100s|50s|W|BowlAv|BB|ER|BowlSR|5w IPL|10|9|148|18.50|62|105.71|0|2|1|5.00|1/5|5.00|6.00|0 [/table] I dont think anyone is going to argue against his first class performances, they've been great. I am not going to say what he can and cannot do in the IPL, that's up to him but those stats in the IPL aren't exactly stellar. Anyways, he's competing with Shikar Dhawan for the #3 spot as MI will probably go with this lineup Tendulkar Jaya Dhawan Duminy Pollard Bravo Nayar C Madan / wk Bhajji Zak Kulkarni Where would you fit him? He can find a spot if Malinga is played instead of Jaya at the top.

I think either Sanath or Duminy will have a poor IPL. JP is out of form and so is Sanath. Agreed, form et al don't count a lot in the mini version but somehow I get a feeling that they will have a rollercoaster ride this time. In that case I would like to see a genuine batsman(read as Rahane) replace one of them.

I'm not sure if the squads have been finalized yet perhaps he will find a spot. But regarding his IPL performances, here are his stats : average of 18.5 with a strike rate of 105. [table=head]Format|Mat|Inn|Runs|BatAv|HS|BatSR|100s|50s|W|BowlAv|BB|ER|BowlSR|5w IPL|10|9|148|18.50|62|105.71|0|2|1|5.00|1/5|5.00|6.00|0 [/table] I dont think anyone is going to argue against his first class performances, they've been great. I am not going to say what he can and cannot do in the IPL, that's up to him but those stats in the IPL aren't exactly stellar. Anyways, he's competing with Shikar Dhawan for the #3 spot as MI will probably go with this lineup Tendulkar Jaya Dhawan Duminy Pollard Bravo Nayar C Madan / wk Bhajji Zak Kulkarni Where would you fit him? He can find a spot if Malinga is played instead of Jaya at the top.
I would personally pick him ahead of Dhawan. But even if one of these players gets injured or goes through a bad patch, there are no able replacements.

I would personally pick him ahead of Dhawan. But even if one of these players gets injured or goes through a bad patch' date=' there are no able replacements.[/quote'] yeah, it wouldnt have hurt to have him in the squad as a backup especially him being local talent