How much do the Indian cricketers earn in an ODI match and in a Test Match?

virufan

Guest DeveGowda
Ravindra Jadeja was banned for IPL 2010 but was selected in ODI team. Will he be able to make up for the money lost in IPL drubbing in the ODIs that he plays. If anyone has info on the pay structure for the current Indian team, pls provide that.
it depend on how many ODI he will play... his IPL salary is 12 lacs (some U19 clause about that contract)...so it will roughly translate to 1 lakh per match...(there is no need to play entire 14 matches..if he is available ie enough) i have no idea about ODI match fees..(But he will have some Contract with BCCI that will pay him eventhough he will not in playing 11)

They make a lot of money. I hope someone chips in with some sources and figures.

I don't know about the Indian team but I know the TIER 1 players in the Australian team' date=' players like Ponting, Clarke, Lee, if I remember correctly, earn $10, 000 for each day of the test match and around $5, 000 for each ODI.[/quote'] Wow, CA is really poor for a board considered to be the 3rd richest board after BCCI & ECB :hehe:

Don't know how authentic it is.

Taking a tough stand in the wake of India's World Cup debacle, the BCCI on Saturday scrapped the players' contract system and reverted to payment of match fees, including bonus for every series win. Previous contract system had three grades. * Senior players like Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag were Grade A players and got a retainership of Rs 50 lakhs. In addition they were paid Rs 2.5 lakh per Test and Rs 1.60 lakh per ODI. * Grade B players included Yuvraj Singh, Mohd Kaif, Ajit Agarkar, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and they were paid Rs 35 lakh as retainership, Rs 2.5 lakh per Test and Rs 1.60 lakh per ODI. * Grade C players like Zaheer Khan, Suresh Raina and S Sreesanth were paid Rs 20 lakh as retainer and the same as match fee for Tests and ODI as Grade A and B. Under the proposal, the basic retainer fee will reduce to Rs 5 lacs, while the match fees will be Rs. 1.5 lac per ODI and Rs. 2.5 lac per Test.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Indian-Cricket-Players-To-Earn-More-Under-The-New-Proposed-Contract&id=586460
Grade A (Rs 60 lakh) Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Zaheer Khan, VVS Laxman, Harbhajan Singh, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh Grade B (Rs 40 lakh) RP Singh, Munaf Patel, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma, S Badrinath, Irfan Pathan Grade C (Rs 25 lakh) Piyush Chawla, Wasim Jaffer, Yusuf Pathan, Praveen Kumar, Pragyan Ojha, Amit Mishra, S Sreesanth Grade D (Rs 15 lakh) Dinesh Karthik, Robin Uthappa, Parthiv Patel, Manpreet Gony, Cheteshwar Pujara, Mohammad Kaif, Virat Kohli, Ashok Dinda, Wriddhiman Saha, Chetanya Nanda, M Vijay, R Ashwin, Shikhar Dhiwan, Sudeep Tya
http://www.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/story/382299.html
I don't know about the Indian team but I know the TIER 1 players in the Australian team' date=' players like Ponting, Clarke, Lee, if I remember correctly, earn $10, 000 for each day of the test match and around $5, 000 for each ODI.[/quote'] 10 times the income of ODi for a test match ? :omg: I don't believe it. Pretty sure per day income for test match is very much below ODI.

I don't know for now... But few years back it was something like Contract Money (for grade) + Rs 175K for Testmatch Rs 90K for ODI (or something to that effect) And again this was close to 5-6 years ago.. Ranji Players get about Rs. 5K /day for 4 day matches and Rs 10K for One day matches. So interestingly the gap is pretty big between Ranji players and international players.

I don't know about the Indian team but I know the TIER 1 players in the Australian team' date=' players like Ponting, Clarke, Lee, if I remember correctly, earn $10, 000 for each day of the test match and around $5, 000 for each ODI.[/quote'] I doubt they get $50k per test match. It could be $10k per test match not per day.