M.F. Hussain accepts Qatar citizenship

Texy

BTW an interesting fact about MF Hussein .. he is always bare-feet .. always Nangay paon .. I saw him at a fancy restaurant .. he looked bloody fit for a 80+ guy
Ab Qatari Registaan mein Nangey Paon Ghumega..:two_thumbs_up: I would really like him to make few nude paintings of the Sheikh there..If he is a true "artist". But I know he will resort to make those stupid horse paintings..Now that he has got his citizenship by offending Hindu sensitments..

BTW an interesting fact about MF Hussein .. he is always bare-feet .. always Nangay paon .. I saw him at a fancy restaurant .. he looked bloody fit for a 80+ guy
True. Not sure why he did that (it has always been considered as part of his cynicism). Still there have been studies to show bare feet actually helps your health. There was this best seller sometime back that spoke about a race in mexico that runs bare feet. Apparently after meeting them the author started running bare feet and it helped his health, legs, knees etc. This after he had always bought the best shoes and it only aggravated him. Many of my colleagues now run bare feet, albeit at home only. So who knows? :hmmm:

looks like there is a MOFO Hussain fan club building up here. :finger: I am guessing that most of you hindus who don't find his paintings objectionable don't call yourself religious as in visit temples, pray regularly believe in our puranas, believe that Rama and Krishna are indeed avatars, etc. Ofc your definition of religious can vary and that is fine. If you are religious and are still tolerant. then hats off. OTH if you are not, it could be because you have no personal sentiments and hence care less.

Kamasutra, Ajantha and Ellora are a huge part of our past, where very popular and respected among our ancestors and not some aberration as you suggest. they are a restriction of a permissive, broad minded society which was matured in the way they dealt with topics of sexuality, nudity and religion Have we really evolved or regressed as a society?
You can find caste bias in some of the most popular Hindu literature such as the Manusmriti. That does not mean that it is justified today. Same goes for Sati. As far as Ajanta and Khajuraho are concerned you may be surprised to learn that they were abandoned several centuries ago and were lost in the forests until the British re-discovered them. Nor was the Kamasutra ever popular among the mainstream. These overtly sexual traditions and practices were confined to obscure sects. The point is that today we have laws that forbid practices that might have been prevalent in the past like caste bias, sati and offensive depiction of Hindu deities as well. These laws need to be respected.

looks like there is a MOFO Hussain fan club building up here. :finger: I am guessing that most of you hindus who don't find his paintings objectionable don't call yourself religious as in visit temples, pray regularly believe in our puranas, believe that Rama and Krishna are indeed avatars, etc. Ofc your definition of religious can vary and that is fine. If you are religious and are still tolerant. then hats off. OTH if you are not, it could be because you have no personal sentiments and hence care less.
The idea is to take it as an OPINION .. accept or reject as you wish ... cartoon of Mohd was not important enough in my life nor are these paintings ... The problem islam is having all over the world ( & same with jews ) is the fact that they have become defensive about their religion. Lets not make the same mistake ... PS: I dont know if Im a practicing hindu but im proud of it that I can read vedanta and learn how to make my life better and at the same time eat chicken on Tuesdays without getting any fatwas against my name...

I wanted to see Fathima, Mother Teresa & MOFO Hussain's Mother in nude portraits to appriciate his artistic brilliance..Sadly MOFO Hussain dissapponts.. Can he be requested to draw them nude now he is safe from persecution in Qatar? PS: I'm not asking him to draw any sexual acts with Camels or anything related to camels..Not even Camel toes.. Just simple nude portraits..C'mon great artist Hussian.. Don't dissappoint..

May I ask if tomorrow some company in India begins selling toilet seats painted with images of Hindu Gods, should that also be allowed? How about underwear with lines from the Gita or Guru Granth Sahib printed on them? I can think of even more offensive things. Let the rest of us know if the supporters of MF Hussain have any limits or they would legally allow everything no matter now offensive it might be.

I wanted to see Fathima, Mother Teresa & MOFO Hussain's Mother in nude portraits to appriciate his artistic brilliance..Sadly MOFO Hussain dissapponts.. Can he be requested to draw them nude now he is safe from persecution in Qatar? PS: I'm not asking him to draw any sexual acts with Camels or anything related to camels..Not even Camel toes.. Just simple nude portraits..C'mon great artist Hussian.. Don't dissappoint..
:hysterical:

May I ask if tomorrow some company in India begins selling toilet seats painted with images of Hindu Gods, should that also be allowed? How about underwear with lines from the Gita or Guru Granth Sahib printed on them? I can think of even more offensive things. ........
This is the classic reductio ad absurdum argument, i.e. you are pushing an argument to an absurd end. For example: Me: I think women should have freedom to wear what they want without being harassed by men. The reductio ad absurdum argument: Oh that's right TAC, why not let your sister prostitute herself dressed in a mini skirt? I could well ask you, using Hussain's right to expression as a base: Tomorrow if some religious group starts to slaughter Muslims in India because they are praying, should that be allowed?

May I ask if tomorrow some company in India begins selling toilet seats painted with images of Hindu Gods, should that also be allowed? How about underwear with lines from the Gita or Guru Granth Sahib printed on them? I can think of even more offensive things. Let the rest of us know if the supporters of MF Hussain have any limits or they would legally allow everything no matter now offensive it might be.
Frankly, I don't care about any of the above things. As a matter of fact, there was a thread a long time back about some slippers being sold with an image of Krishna(?) and I don't care. It's a free world - by selling toilet seats with an image of Mohammed or Ram I am not harming anyone. Tomorrow, if I make up a religion where flowers are my God, will it be okay for me to demand the ban on manufacturing boxers with a floral pattern. It's followers of organized religions who are the biggest curse on humanity and subject us free willed souls to restrictions based on your "feelings"
Now that we have seen how Godess Saraswati would've appeared nude' date=' courtesy great artist Hussain, I really want to see how Prophet's daughter Fathima would've looked nude....[/quote'] This is art not some government quota where he is obliged to draw a nude Muslim figure just because he drew a nude Hindu figure. You take the lead and draw a nude Fathima, and I promise you I will back and support you to the hilt as I backed and supported Rushdie and the Danish cartoon guy. The only hypocrites here are the likes of you, who would blame Muslims for protesting against Rushdie and cartoons saying what's the big deal and then get all worked up when someone does a similar thing for Hinduism.

Larry Flint has been doing that in Penthouse forever.
Larry FLint is feeding the LCD of the society. MofoH is considered a classy painter by the elite. All MoFo aplogists who are quoting KS, Temple structures etc., and are think we are regressive looking at the opposition to MoFo, please let me know if your parents/grandparents talked about KS freely and said it is OK for people to accept such art. For generarions, these are considered taboo and we aren't regressive all of a sudden because of sainik loonies, why should we accept it now?

Frankly, I don't care about any of the above things. As a matter of fact, there was a thread a long time back about some slippers being sold with an image of Krishna(?) and I don't care. It's a free world - by selling toilet seats with an image of Mohammed or Ram I am not harming anyone. Tomorrow, if I make up a religion where flowers are my God, will it be okay for me to demand the ban on manufacturing boxers with a floral pattern. It's followers of organized religions who are the biggest curse on humanity and subject us free willed souls to restrictions based on your "feelings" This is art not some government quota where he is obliged to draw a nude Muslim figure just because he drew a nude Hindu figure. You take the lead and draw a nude Fathima, and I promise you I will back and support you to the hilt as I backed and supported Rushdie and the Danish cartoon guy. The only hypocrites here are the likes of you, who would blame Muslims for protesting against Rushdie and cartoons saying what's the big deal and then get all worked up when someone does a similar thing for Hinduism.
Just like he is not obliged as a renowned artist, protesters are not obliged to not get offended by what he has done and what he has not done (like conveniently not drawing nude protraits of revered figures of his religion and other religions like Christianity). I'm just requesting him.. What's the harm in requesting him or we are not allowed to do that too? I've never supported Rushdie or the Danish Cartoonist...For me the artists should draw line to not offend religious sentiments.

It's followers of organized religions who are the biggest curse on humanity and subject us free willed souls to restrictions based on your "feelings"
http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html You are basically showing :finger: to most of your fellow beings just to so that you can have freedom to say whatever you want about something you don't even care about.

Frankly, I don't care about any of the above things. As a matter of fact, there was a thread a long time back about some slippers being sold with an image of Krishna(?) and I don't care. It's a free world - by selling toilet seats with an image of Mohammed or Ram I am not harming anyone. Tomorrow, if I make up a religion where flowers are my God, will it be okay for me to demand the ban on manufacturing boxers with a floral pattern. It's followers of organized religions who are the biggest curse on humanity and subject us free willed souls to restrictions based on your "feelings" This is art not some government quota where he is obliged to draw a nude Muslim figure just because he drew a nude Hindu figure. You take the lead and draw a nude Fathima, and I promise you I will back and support you to the hilt as I backed and supported Rushdie and the Danish cartoon guy. The only hypocrites here are the likes of you, who would blame Muslims for protesting against Rushdie and cartoons saying what's the big deal and then get all worked up when someone does a similar thing for Hinduism.
Its very easy for you to type that you are comfortable with just about everything. It is quite a different matter in a country like India where religious sensibilities matter. If printing and selling nude images of Gods, distributing castiest literature, painting offensive cartoons of Mohammad were made legal in India it would create unimaginable problems for the govt. It is a historical fact that such offensive literature have led to riots in the past - much before independence. It is precisely to avoid such violence do we have laws restricting absolute freedom. Let me ask you what did you do when Rushdie was chased by a death fatwa -- did you personally go and help him out. When Muslims burnt Hindu shops in Lucknow in protest of Mohammad cartoons published in Denmark did you go and defuse the situation? Or when Hindus attack Christians for distributing abusive literature in Karnataka do you come down from your abode in USA do help out? What you are saying is completely unrealistic, disingenuous and mere grandstanding.

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html You are basically showing :finger: to most of your fellow beings just to so that you can have freedom to say whatever you want about something you don't even care about.
Maybe I should have qualified it with the statement that those who have got "fragile feelings" that get broken at the drop of a coin, but I thought that was implicit in the context of the thread. My "feelings" are hurt every time I see someone believing in the existence of God without providing any proof for it - I don't stop anyone from doing so. I expect the same courtesy in return if I paint some fictional, historical, or mythological characters nude.

Larry FLint is feeding the LCD of the society. MofoH is considered a classy painter by the elite. All MoFo aplogists who are quoting KS' date=' Temple structures etc., and are think we are regressive looking at the opposition to MoFo, please let me know if your parents/grandparents talked about KS freely and said it is OK for people to accept such art. For generarions, these are considered taboo and we aren't regressive all of a sudden because of sainik loonies, why should we accept it now?[/quote'] And you were the one questioning my "freedom of expression" :--D Bhai saab both Flint and Hussein are covered by same measure. NO difference why one should be considered more, or less, elite. By the way most men, and that includes me, have seen more of Flint's work than they have of Hussein :giggle:

PS : Check post 105 if interested (and if facts are allowed to get in your way)
Yes absolutely. There is another thread in Political section where Pakistani ambassdor has mentioned 1000 Mumbais in Pakistan. A fellow poster made a good comment about jahils on their side with 3rd class mentality, if something happens to me it should happen to you too. Glad to see jahils on padosi sides are not an endangered species with plenty on our sides too :winky:

In all those cases, there was a valid reason behind the paintings (protest etc), none of them were naked performing sexual acts except the last one. All of them were protested and in some cases legal proeceedings initiated. These cases are not exactly proof that Europe or North America is more tolerant if you insult christianity.
? Please elaborate. Art or not, this is really pushing the boundaries. Heres another one. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ofili
I had no idea about any of these controversies. Thanks for the share. :hatsoff: I've observed one thing about you, Sree buddy. You swim against the stream.