M.F. Hussain accepts Qatar citizenship

Texy

Maybe I should have qualified it with the statement that those who have got "fragile feelings" that get broken at the drop of a coin' date=' but I thought that was implicit in the context of the thread. My "feelings" are hurt every time I see someone believing in the existence of God without providing any proof for it - I don't stop anyone from doing so. I expect the same courtesy in return if I paint some fictional, historical, or mythological characters nude.[/quote']Yes and be prepared to defend your actions in a court of law. This is what MF Hussain refuses to do.

welll, he has accepted qatar citizenship according to his son

Husain has accepted Qatar citizenship, says son Press Trust Of India GOODBYE INDIA: Husain has been living in self-imposed exile for nearly 4 years following religion-related controversies in India. Dubai: M F Husain, revered by many as India's Picasso, would no longer be an Indian, his son said on Friday, confirming that he had accepted Qatar's offer to confer its nationality on him. Husain, who has been living in self-imposed exile for nearly four years following a spate of cases in India over his controversial paintings of Hindu goddesses, has accepted the offer and it is under process, Husain's son Owais Husain told PTI on Friday. He said the Qatari nationality was not something he asked for, but it is the truth now. "I respect his individual decision because somewhere as a son you have witnessed a range of emotions he is going through." "Since Indian laws don't allow dual citizenship, accepting this offer would automatically mean giving up Indian nationality. There is no option for him," he said. Owais also said the 95-year-old painter was in Doha currently and would return to Dubai next month. "He (Husain) got a lot of calls, some provocative ones... but he didn't succumb to it and that goes to show his resilience at the age of 95. "After all he is older than independent India," Owais said, noting that Husain was born in "one of the most holy places (Pandharpur -- a pilgrimage site) of Maharashtra." However, he said one cannot take away the Indianness that defined his father. "You can take a man out of the country but you cannot take the country out of the man." Owais, who is also working on a documentary on the life of Husain, said his father has been extremely prolific as a painter in the past few years. "Since he (Husain) is not a man of words but a man of images, he has poured it all out on the canvas. He has painted the Ramayana, he has painted on India and a whole lot of series in the past few years he has been away from India. "He has travelled to a lot of places but he has a thing about painting a series of 100 paintings on the history of India. He is working like never before and he just wants to work," Owais said. Husain, who shuttles between Dubai and London, went in exile after a hate campaign was launched against him in 2006 over his controversial paintings. Several cases were filed against him by people protesting his portrayal of Hindu goddesses in the nude. His house was attacked and art works vandalised by fundamentalists in India. Husain's son, however, refused to comment on statements from India yesterday that he was welcome to come back. "I don't know much about those comments. He is the best person to answer that question," Owais said. Indian government yesterday described Husain as "pride of India" and said it was willing to provide security to him. "There is no case against M F Husain. Supreme Court has quashed all the cases against him," Union Home Secretary G K Pillai said in New Delhi. He said the government was ready to provide security to the artist if he planned to return. "He (Husain) is the pride of India," Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao said adding, "I would like him to feel safe and secure in India".

whats this got to do with anything that I wanted to discuss ? :hmmm: If it wasnt clear .... MTC implies that being passive but firm in your religious convictions is good enough to survive any onslaught on your religion/ideology. This is what I wanted to prove wrong.
Arre bhai you almost always prove the point of one of my ex's about Indian men - They have this tendency to bullshit with utter confidence. Pahle bol dete ho ke read post 105. Wehan pe ghanta mila, Bamiyan Buddha/Afganistan aur dher saara head up your rear end. Ab iska kya ilaaz hai Zaakir Naik saab?

How about painting a nude Sheikh riding a camel? if he does that then he will gain respect from everybody..for his brand of 'Shock Art'.. Otherwise he is just an opportunist and a pretender like many here pretending to be Hindus (the liberal kind who see no harm in Sajjan Kumar hoodwinking law but never fail to blame everything on Mumbai and Shiv Sainiks)..

Col. Lurker -- our resident pakistani strikes along with Major Outsider, constable MTC and subedar Triam one big diff between Islam and Hindu-ism Muslims never tolerate this sh1t from anyone....they didn't even dare show Mecca being destroyed in the movie 2012 whilst other landmarks were demolished including the Jesus statue in Brazil, Vatican City. The solidarity amongst muslims is quite impressive and hence their faith is growing stronger and spreading Hindus on the other hand fight each other in letting OTHERS abuse and mistreat our faith like when some company painted Lord Shiva's pic on the toilet... we are taught to tolerate others, bring peace, let our daughters convert and marry ppl from other religion..complete freedom.....end result: everyone has been walking all over us since the mughals....we are our own biggest enemies...no one else.

Sigh ... heres the summary of where we stand : MTC implies : Passive + firm = good enuff to survive. Dont need to be agressive. Me : Is that why you see no Monks in afghanistan ? You : Clap hands at MTC posts and take the obvious swipe at those you consider loonies in your own head. Me: Shall we put MTC's claims thru some scrutiny ... if so check post#105 about afghanistan
Actually it is not your fault, it is my mistake ke I keep trying to enlighten you :whack: MTC- Tries to show the depth of Hinduism and how his(MTC) perception of Hinduism is a tolerant, and yet very steadfast religion that can not be defeated. BB - Throws in Afganistan and the usual rhetoric of violence/jihaad etc etc. Bhai saab your rebuttal would have been valid had you dissected where MTC was coming from. You started your usual baaja, victim mentality(as always) and the sada tune. Better?

LOL! I had no real problems being identified as a Hindu till 10 years back or so. Even though I do not believe in God, the cultural aspects of Hinduism are still very close to my value system. However, seeing the loony junta go nuts in the name of Hinduism - samples of which can be found in this thread - I don't want myself to be identified with this messed up ideology being peddled in the name of Hinduism. So instead of bonding people together, this extremism has driven away people like me to the point where I make it a point to state that I am not a Hindu. I love and enjoy the rich and tolerant age old Indian culture which forms the basis of Hinduism, and would not want to be part of the loony brigade which gets offended because someone draws a few paintings - this kind of nonsense is in fact in direct contrast to what Hinduism is meant to be. But carry on with the hijacking, for Talibani mullahs are doing exactly the same so why should you fellows hold back.

Now pls enlighten me why it vanished from Afghanistan without a trace if its one of the strongest out there.
You need enlightened about 1000 year old history all over again? Really what school of your madarassa logic equates Hindukush = MF Hussein?? :hmmm::hmmm:

So instead of bonding people together, this extremism has driven away people like me to the point where I make it a point to state that I am not a Hindu.
I think there is a real danger of these morons pushing people away from traditional Hinduism. It would get accelerated thanks to the fact that Hinduism does not force its followers to keep within the religion(another fantastic tenet by the way). It is hilarious to see - Hussein-painted-nude-so-lets-hound-him-away. Well now he has been hounded away. If he continues to paint nudes, and say takes it another pedestal, what the eff are these morons gonna do??? Wait..they will end up killing Muslims inside India in a way to counter killings of Hindus in Pakistan. :whack:

this is so bloody lame ... read that post by MTC till you understand it before trying to respond .... again for your benefit in there he (MTC) clearly states that we have survived far worse than MF controversy by simply being passive and tolerant and all that gobledegook. What he conveniently doesnt take into account is the cost at which this "survival" came with. It is those costs that Iam talking about. One such cost was complete wiping out of Hinduism and its offshoots from Afghanistan.
I have already read, appreciated and tried to explain MTC's viewpoint to you. If you are not satisfied then take it with him. I have wasted half a dozen replies as is :((

this is so bloody lame ... read that post by MTC till you understand it before trying to respond .... again for your benefit in there he (MTC) clearly states that we have survived far worse than MF controversy by simply being passive and tolerant and all that gobledegook. What he conveniently doesnt take into account is the cost at which this "survival" came with. It is those costs that Iam talking about. One such cost was complete wiping out of Hinduism and its offshoots from Afghanistan.
I knew you'll not get a straight answer..

LOL! I had no real problems being identified as a Hindu till 10 years back or so. Even though I do not believe in God, the cultural aspects of Hinduism are still very close to my value system. However, seeing the loony junta go nuts in the name of Hinduism - samples of which can be found in this thread - I don't want myself to be identified with this messed up ideology being peddled in the name of Hinduism. So instead of bonding people together, this extremism has driven away people like me to the point where I make it a point to state that I am not a Hindu. I love and enjoy the rich and tolerant age old Indian culture which forms the basis of Hinduism, and would not want to be part of the loony brigade which gets offended because someone draws a few paintings - this kind of nonsense is in fact in direct contrast to what Hinduism is meant to be. But carry on with the hijacking, for Talibani mullahs are doing exactly the same so why should you fellows hold back.
Please dont blame your personal confusion on the actions of others - it is the result of your own choices and vice versa. As a Hindu I couldnt care less if you want to call yourself one or not. But that is your choice, dont attribute it to others.

I love and enjoy the rich and tolerant age old Indian culture which forms the basis of Hinduism, and would not want to be part of the loony brigade which gets offended because someone draws a few paintings - this kind of nonsense is in fact in direct contrast to what Hinduism is meant to be. But carry on with the hijacking, for Talibani mullahs are doing exactly the same so why should you fellows hold back.
Nice BS! If you think those who want their religion and their gods to be respected and be left alone are part of the loony brigade, then your definition of loony is pretty weird I must say. And comparing us to the Taliban Mullahs who went about blasting those age old buddhist statues is also laughable. So basically your post is a total :fail:

Nice BS! If you think those who want their religion and their gods to be respected and be left alone are part of the loony brigade, then your definition of loony is pretty weird I must say. And comparing us to the Taliban Mullahs who went about blasting those age old buddhist statues is also laughable. So basically your post is a total :fail:
Not you, but the likes of Shiv Sena - who raked up a 25 year old painting issue which no one gave a damn about and are responsible for a host of other violence, VHP, those who demolished Babri Masjid because some loony had done it to a temple 500 years back, or Modi who turned a blind eye when riots were on in his state to polarize the electorate. I don't think you or anyone on this board is extreme to that extent - you have the right to feel offended without resorting to violence or harming others - , even if you support them on certain things, though I have my doubts on one or two. :icflove:

I wanted to see Fathima, Mother Teresa & MOFO Hussain's Mother in nude portraits to appriciate his artistic brilliance..Sadly MOFO Hussain dissapponts.. Can he be requested to draw them nude now he is safe from persecution in Qatar? PS: I'm not asking him to draw any sexual acts with Camels or anything related to camels..Not even Camel toes.. Just simple nude portraits..C'mon great artist Hussian.. Don't dissappoint..
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Muslims never tolerate this sh1t from anyone....they didn't even dare show Mecca being destroyed in the movie 2012 whilst other landmarks were demolished including the Jesus statue in Brazil, Vatican City. The solidarity amongst muslims is quite impressive and hence their faith is growing stronger and spreading Hindus on the other hand fight each other in letting OTHERS abuse and mistreat our faith like when some company painted Lord Shiva's pic on the toilet... we are taught to tolerate others, bring peace, let our daughters convert and marry ppl from other religion..complete freedom.....end result: everyone has been walking all over us since the mughals....we are our own biggest enemies...no one else.
Muslims kuen mein koodenge to tum bhi kood jaana! Translation - If Muslims are going to take a jump into a well, then please follow suit.

Tex1Des- your appreciation for Islam is commendable, so when is the conversion? For all others who support freedom of speech, as long as everybody talks only stuff tht doesnt hurt their feelings, hope you are smart enough to see the gaping hole in that stance and not get ur feathers ruffled. I also get offended by people having verbal diarrhea in message boards like this, I do not go around asking for them to be banned. I supported Rushdie (although his book was average), I supported the Danish cartoonists and I support MF Hussain. The statement above DOES NOT mean I support and like their work, it just means I support the individuals freedom to express what they want to. you dont like it, dont see it, dont read it, dont buy it, even criticize it.

The statement above DOES NOT mean I support and like their work, it just means I support the individuals freedom to express what they want to. you dont like it, dont see it, dont read it, dont buy it, even criticize it.
See the irony? You want to give full freedom to people to offend others, but want to deny those who are offended from even responding.