Potential bidders for two new IPL franchises (Pune and Kochi selected)

SachDan

There should be just one team from each state. That will make the teams more diversified and better associations with fans Pune spot should have gone to some city at Gujurat or MP or Bihar Mumbai franchise would be cursing at this selection :giggle:

this is messed up' date='the gujjus really had to have a team for themselves.now they are nomads and would be upto not good.[/quote'] I am still thinking as to what Adanis were doing during the bidding .. I can understand Sahara outbidding them but a fringe group of small companies outbidding them does not reflect good on their intent to actually buy an IPL team for Ahmedabad .. Adanis have now become one of the richest groups in India and have also entered good position at Forbes richest this year .. but I am surprised that they could not bid sufficient enough to topple a fringe group of companies

There should be just one team from each state. That will make the teams more diversified and better associations with fans Pune spot should have gone to some city at Gujurat or MP or Bihar Mumbai franchise would be cursing at this selection :giggle:
I hope you are joking mate :--D

why should I' date=' aren't people out there. Its also one among the most populous state and fans there also would wish a team on their own[/quote'] It is not only about population but it is also about the economy and from a commercial viewpoint .. no offense but in Bihar, you find the bulk of the population showing goondagardi and going on free rides on trains and burning trains and what not .. do you think the market there is good enough that people would spend upto 32000 for an IPL ticket for 4 hours of cricket ... Gujarat is a huge market from commercial point of view and so are Maharastra etc.

Good to see Kochi and Pune get their teams and sad to see A'bad miss out. I thought A'bad was the overwhelming fav With so many teams, the round robin 'home and away' format is too many games even now so more teams means more games being added. If round robin 'home and away' format has to be persisted with then it may not be a bad idea to split teams in to 2 groups of 5 teams, with top two from each group going to the next round (semis)

I agree .. they were looking to build support in Gujarat too from this IPL onwards .. but they need to make some good purchases and build a proper team before people start supporting them .. they need to buy proper cricketers and not Damien Martyn and Michael Lumb .. they need a good management with brains which seem to be missing for them as of now
Its bloody Warne, he's making sure his mates are getting paid

Good to see Kochi and Pune get their teams and sad to see A'bad miss out. I thought A'bad was the overwhelming fav With so many teams, the round robin 'home and away' format is too many games even now so more teams means more games being added. If round robin 'home and away' format has to be persisted with then it may not be a bad idea to split teams in to 2 groups of 5 teams, with top two from each group going to the next round (semis)
I think they'll have to otherwise the tournament would run for half a year

Guest Hiten.

Tbh, warne does not give a **** and keeps bringing the retired Aussies to fill their coffers. Was it Henderson (?) who is around 35 ish and got picked for 650k for RR :wall:

Guest Hiten.
so both teams dont have stadiums and would have to build one?
Pune will have one by the time ipl 4 starts. I wonder where would kochi play their games :hmmm:

Its bloody Warne' date=' he's making sure his mates are getting paid[/quote'] I am also really pissed off with Warne nowadays .. he is destroying the team which he had built ... one more thing .. the team has become incredibly pathetic after Shilpa bought part of team ownership .. they made pathetic bids at auctions .. did not buy any good players and just introduced glamour to the team instead of trying to improve the team .. the team is as good as a one man army right now and will find it hard to even sustain support for long if they continue their pathetic strategies .. they should at least give a try like KKR did this year .. buy good players (both domestic and intl) and spend money and build the team instead of just living in dreams of having won the first IPL

I think they'll have to otherwise the tournament would run for half a year
Nope it is 94 games itself and it would run for the same 45 days as per L Modi .. they would start morning games on weekends and public holidays from next year as L Modi announced