Ipl 2011

meloveindia

most of the IPL players got 3 years contracts which get expired next edition of IPL 2011 also 2 new IPL teams gets added so a Fresh auction takes place for all the players? what happens to the icon players? yuvraj playing for chennai, hayden playing for deccan, is that possible in 2011?

DC to keep players: 3 Internationals and 4 domestic quota 3 International players: Gilly, Roy and Roach. Domestic: Rohit, SUman, Ohja, RP Singh
Roach?should have kept Vaas or Gibbs or even Dwayne Smith
Their was already buzz around that this year' date=' I think UV is surely going to Mumbai next year[/quote'] there was talk of Sehwag going to Mumbai last year wen he left captaincy.not going to happen.they r icon players for a reason ffs

Roach?should have kept Vaas or Gibbs or even Dwayne Smith
Think about the long term aspect. Vaas and Gibbs are about to turn into grandfathers. While Roach is 21 and can be developed further and be part of the long term plan for DC. Its not just the short term benefits, but also long term.

there was talk of Sehwag going to Mumbai last year wen he left captaincy.not going to happen.they r icon players for a reason ffs
There is no such thing as Icon players anymore. They only introduced that to get the fanbase going.

Think about the long term aspect. Vaas and Gibbs are about to turn into grandfathers. While Roach is 21 and can be developed further and be part of the long term plan for DC. Its not just the short term benefits' date=' but also long term.[/quote'] then why have they retained Gilly n Symo?they arent young either?:hmmm:
There is no such thing as Icon players anymore. They only introduced that to get the fanbase going.
n now they will destroy that fanbase??people will lose interest for sure if Sehwag plays for MI n Yuvi plays for Chennai n Sachin plays for Kolkata.i am a Punjaabi n a huge Sachin fan but i dont want Sachin to play for Punjab.i know hes Mumbai's n should stay there

then why have they retained Gilly n Symo?they arent young either?:hmmm:
They are better then Vaas and Gibbs? Symo still has 4+ years in him while Gilly is the soul of the team. You wouldnt want to trade GIlly away and then get spanked around the ground when you could have easily kept him.
n now they will destroy that fanbase??people will lose interest for sure if Sehwag plays for MI n Yuvi plays for Chennai n Sachin plays for Kolkata.i am a Punjaabi n a huge Sachin fan but i dont want Sachin to play for Punjab.i know hes Mumbai's n should stay there
Those top players are more then likely to stay with their current teams because they are allowed to keep 4 domestic players. ITs only the fringe players or hyped up players that are gonna be auctioned off.

Some Clarity on IPL 2011- 1. No Icon Players from IPL4. 2. All Franchises can retain only 6 players, of which only 2 internationals. 3. Rest go under the hammer again. 4. With 10 franchises in the fray, the salary cap might get pushed up. 5. Silent Bidding is pretty much here to stay and IPL is gonna make a lot of money that way. 6. 94 matches in 7 weeks.

They are better then Vaas and Gibbs? Symo still has 4+ years in him while Gilly is the soul of the team. You wouldnt want to trade GIlly away and then get spanked around the ground when you could have easily kept him.
Gilly is 38 gonna play 2 seasons at the most.then DC will need a nw skipper.better to groom someone like Rohit for that while retaining players like Vaas,Smith or Harris
Those top players are more then likely to stay with their current teams because they are allowed to keep 4 domestic players. ITs only the fringe players or hyped up players that are gonna be auctioned off.
oh ok then UV n Viru r not going anywhere,thats wat i was worried about.dont care about foreigners

Some Clarity on IPL 2011- 1. No Icon Players from IPL4. 2. All Franchises can retain only 6 players, of which only 2 internationals. 3. Rest go under the hammer again. 4. With 10 franchises in the fray, the salary cap might get pushed up. 5. Silent Bidding is pretty much here to stay and IPL is gonna make a lot of money that way. 6. 94 matches in 7 weeks.
agree with all but last.94 matches:omg::omg: too much

Modi is a feckwit screwing with all the franchises just for the 2 new franchises. He should have just gave the new teams unlimited salary cap and resumed business as usual instead putting all the players in a popcorn machince.